PDA

View Full Version : Mmmmmmm

country gent
12-30-2014, 04:47 PM
Last night before going to bed I put a cople pork shanks in the slow cooker with water salt and pepper along with a bowl of navey beans to soak. Got up this morning and stripped down the shanks added the beans bones and meat back into the slow cooker. Been cooking all day now and is smelling so good.beans are swelled up and soft. Mom is making a corn bread Ill head over with the soup here shortly. Bean Soup corn bread with molasass for supper tonight. Mom and Dad for company a good simple meal. It dont get any better than this.

dagger dog
12-30-2014, 05:32 PM
Man that's southern cookin', but ya'll Yankees use the wrong beans, man you gotta use pinto's, them little white beans barely work up a good toot. :bigsmyl2:

waynem34
12-30-2014, 06:58 PM
You made me hungry.

smokeywolf
12-30-2014, 07:03 PM
Country Gent, you've got me thinking it's time to fire up the crock pot again.

mold maker
12-30-2014, 07:04 PM
PINTOS Yes !!!!!!​ TOOOOOOOOT

ph4570
12-30-2014, 07:19 PM
Got the slow cooker going at this moment with beef stew.

country gent
12-30-2014, 10:27 PM
Was a great meal with Mom and Dad tonight. I took the bean soup over Mom had made cornbread and we had good conversation a great meal and another plus is I have a bowl for tomorrow, Mom sent a poece of cornbread home with me also. I had called my Daughter to check in heard grandson in background hes 3 saying he wanted grandpas bean soup. Nikki got the recipe from me so....... WAs a great evening and with thier running today Mom didnt have to cook near as much.

MaryB
12-31-2014, 01:33 AM
Splash of cider vinegar in the bean soup for me... good eats

aspangler
12-31-2014, 02:10 AM
Add some garlic and you can ​TOOOOOOOOTTTT!!!!!!

MT Gianni
01-02-2015, 12:05 AM
I put an elk roast in the crock pot last night. Doused it with Costco Rib Rub all over. I cut slices about 10 AM and put some honey bbq sauce on it. Around 2 PM it was ready to flake and serve.

geargnasher
01-02-2015, 08:08 PM
Pintos all the way. Put a little ladder down the side of the pot so the toots can climb out. I was astonished a few days ago to discover just how difficult it is to find ham-hocks for sale in a grocery store any more.

Gear

enfield
01-02-2015, 08:18 PM
I have a slow cooker with a Hi & Low setting but meat always seams tough. How long and what temp setting do you guys use ?? thanks.

williamwaco
01-02-2015, 08:39 PM
Last night before going to bed I put a cople pork shanks in the slow cooker with water salt and pepper along with a bowl of navey beans to soak. Got up this morning and stripped down the shanks added the beans bones and meat back into the slow cooker. Been cooking all day now and is smelling so good.beans are swelled up and soft. Mom is making a corn bread Ill head over with the soup here shortly. Bean Soup corn bread with molasass for supper tonight. Mom and Dad for company a good simple meal. It dont get any better than this.

No it does not! Great evening.