PDA

View Full Version : you know you have gone full retard when:

bruce381
12-29-2014, 09:32 PM
You drop your 4 cav SAECO mold on your foot (was cold) and you stop to check the mold for damage.

Before checking the blood running all over your socks.

Mold was OK foot has a hole in it.

No stiches tho.

tazman
12-29-2014, 09:35 PM
Are you sure the mold was ok? No damage to it I hope!

pworley1
12-29-2014, 09:41 PM
Feet will usually heal in time. Molds don't. I hope both are ok.

TXGunNut
12-29-2014, 09:42 PM
My condolences. Post pictures of the mould so we can make sure it's OK.

jimb16
12-29-2014, 09:49 PM
Unless you use your foot for shooting, I just don't see what the fuss is about. The mold is ok, so what's the big deal?:bigsmyl2:

legend 550
12-29-2014, 09:49 PM
Good thing your foot broke the fall. This could have turned out badly. ;)

gray wolf
12-29-2014, 10:02 PM
Now if it fell on your trigger finger you might have a problem,
but heck your foot broke the fall so all is good.
Keep casting--carry on troop.

Blackwater
12-29-2014, 10:13 PM
Yep. That's about par for a dyed in the wool boolit caster. Personally, I've never claimed to be very smart - just enthusiastic and inquisitive - but that's enough to keep me goin'.

dragon813gt
12-29-2014, 10:16 PM
Am I the only one wondering why you didn't have shoes on?

TXGunNut
12-29-2014, 10:22 PM
Am I the only one wondering why you didn't have shoes on?

Maybe he wasn't casting. Sometimes I like to go in there and dabble around and I generally wear flip-flops unless the pot is on.

fast ronnie
12-29-2014, 10:30 PM
At least we know you've got your priorities straight.

prs
12-29-2014, 10:32 PM
If that mold had been at proper temp, the wound of your foot would have been cauterized and thus save the mess of your socks. Bad form there, Chap.

prs

fast ronnie
12-29-2014, 10:35 PM
Just saw Silverado's post on today's facebook photo. Are we having a contest or what?

hickfu
12-29-2014, 10:41 PM
Your foot is a long way from your heart so you will be ok... I hope your mold is doing fine, please pass along our well wishes for your mold.

flylot
12-29-2014, 10:41 PM
Dragon, I'm wondering why one would wear socks without shoes. Bruce, just where in the house did this event happen? Oh never mind, I may not want to know......

dragon813gt
12-29-2014, 11:35 PM
Dragon, I'm wondering why one would wear socks without shoes. Bruce, just where in the house did this event happen? Oh never mind, I may not want to know......

It's cold here so I wear socks w/out shoes. But I recently broke toes on my right foot for somewhere around the fifteenth time. I wear shoes when doing anything besides sitting on the couch watching TV. Apparently I need to wear them when doing that because that's how I broke them recently. Technically it was the baby swing but I digress.

Bzcraig
12-29-2014, 11:44 PM
Now that scares the begebbers outta me. Think I'll call my homeowners insurance and see if I need a special endorsement for my reloading stuff, especially the separation anxiety if I were to lose something.

atr
12-29-2014, 11:46 PM
I think someone should step in and rescue this poor mistreated mold from such an abusive owner.

Beagle333
12-30-2014, 12:04 AM
Whenever you drop a mold.... always try to get something soft under it before it hits the floor. A socked foot works great if that's all you have time for. Good thinking!! :drinks:

jsizemore
12-30-2014, 12:24 AM
Now you see why Newton used an apple.

waksupi
12-30-2014, 12:46 AM
Be sure to check the mold, especially inside. If you got blood in the cavities it may rust, and not cast a good bullet in the future.
Did the sock get damaged?

wiliamr
12-31-2014, 01:07 PM
Reminds me of a night when I had left my Hitachi impact screwgun on the dining room table. Walked through the room barefoot knocked the screwgun off table and it fell, Phillips head driver right through the foot man that hurt. Lucky the bit stayed in the socket (locking) when I pulled it out.

Hickok
12-31-2014, 01:25 PM
Naw, ain't nothing wrong with you. A guy will do the same thing when he lays his motorcycle down on the asphalt!:redneck:

varmint243
12-31-2014, 02:52 PM
Naw, ain't nothing wrong with you. A guy will do the same thing when he lays his motorcycle down on the asphalt!:redneck:

That's not even being funny, it is the truth...
As I was visiting my friend in the hospital after his motorcycle crash,
He was talking about how the bike was fine because he had put sliders on it,
and about how he managed to get his helmet off before the EMTs got there and could cut the strap.
about how he had his buddy ride it home so that it wouldn't get torn up by being drug onto the rollback.
No concern at all about the pins, plates, and screws in his leg, geeze :veryconfu

bruce381
01-01-2015, 03:08 AM
You guy crack me up.

I was in garge getting screw driver for wife and had left mold leaning up on my pot and I bumped it.

Funny as i fell all i thought of was it would hit the cement floor on the edge and mess it up.

yeah good thing my foot broke its fall.

Now on I will set mold down on wood bench flat.

claude
01-01-2015, 04:24 AM
I was in garge getting screw driver for wife..............................

There's no sense making up stories about it, we know you were fondling and in your excitement it just slipped through your fingers[smilie=w:.

Bigslug
01-01-2015, 04:31 AM
Note to self: do not play Hackey Sack with bullet molds. . .check!

badbob454
01-01-2015, 04:33 AM
Just remember ,if an ingot falls let it. it can be re cast. Don't use your foot. Ha ha .

Hickok
01-01-2015, 09:51 AM
That's not even being funny, it is the truth...
As I was visiting my friend in the hospital after his motorcycle crash,
He was talking about how the bike was fine because he had put sliders on it,
and about how he managed to get his helmet off before the EMTs got there and could cut the strap.
about how he had his buddy ride it home so that it wouldn't get torn up by being drug onto the rollback.
No concern at all about the pins, plates, and screws in his leg, geeze :veryconfuYep, it comes from my own experience!

Same thing out in the woods hunting, if I fall, I will cradle and protect my rifle, even if it means I am going to bust up my arms and elbows, hands, etc.

"I took a good fall out hunting today, busted my elbow and got a pretty good cut on head, but my rifle and scope were alright, so I kept on hunting!"

Then my wife goes off, "What is wrong with you men, you are going to get yourself put in the hospital, but YOUR GUN IS ALRIGHT!"

I just tell her, "It's a guy thing, you just don't get it":bigsmyl2:

Shiloh
01-01-2015, 10:16 AM
Two feet and one mold. It's a no brainer.

Shiloh

Mk42gunner
01-02-2015, 03:59 PM
I think someone should step in and rescue this poor mistreated mold from such an abusive owner.

I agree.

By the way, what boolit does the mold drop? (Just so I, um I mean the prospective rescuer, know what caliber new gun to buy).

Just kidding, I remember catching a fully assembled M2-HB with my foot once.

Robert

10x
01-03-2015, 10:12 AM
Be sure to check the mold, especially inside. If you got blood in the cavities it may rust, and not cast a good bullet in the future.
Did the sock get damaged?

Blood will rust metal very quickly.
My son's Grade VII shop teacher gave the class a quick talk on accidents with the table saw.
1) shut the saw off
2) make sure the blade has stopped,
3) unplug the saw
4) wipe the blood from the blade and wash the blade with hot soapy water. - blood rusts the teeth and ruins the edge.
5) look for fingers in the sawdust on the floor
6) place fingers in tray of ice water and call for an ambulance. - keeping the detached fingers cold may help them heal if reattached...

Smoke4320
01-03-2015, 10:29 AM
Me thinks you need to make a donation to the "stop violence against Molds"

PM me and I will send you address to make the donation ..better yet just send me the mold.. remove all temptation !!!

7br
01-03-2015, 01:16 PM
Simple economics. We have an idea of what you paid for a saeco 4 cavity mold and you got your feet for free. I think of it as a cost effective solution to an immediate problem.

nanuk
01-03-2015, 02:54 PM
perhaps you could find a more Offensive title?

Blackdog
01-03-2015, 07:43 PM
I might hafta wait until I got done hoppin' around and hootin' before I checked the mold. Ouch.

strobro32
01-03-2015, 08:11 PM

Been there. ;)

Blacktail 8541
01-04-2015, 09:17 PM
I can feel your pain literally! I was moveing a new star luber this summer when I dropped it. Instead of letting it hit the pavement, I put my leg out to cushion the fall and it hit my shin. The 1 1/2 inch gash it took out of me bled for over an hour an left a nice scar.

bruce381
01-04-2015, 11:10 PM
perhaps you could find a more Offensive title?

Sorry I use this term as "100% in, All the way, No compromise" perhaps you do not as such if it offends you perhaps you should skip this or any other post title that offends you.

geargnasher
01-04-2015, 11:42 PM
Amen.

Gear

mart
01-05-2015, 03:47 PM
If you had worn a red sock you would have never known about the blood. At least not till you got a little light headed. But don't worry. One of the things I learned as an EMT is that all bleeding stops.......................................eventu ally.

Jtarm
01-05-2015, 09:00 PM
Did you take the mold to the ER?

Be sure to give it a good cleaning (the mold.). Blood will corrode steel overnight.

I once dropped a razor sharp 1 1/2" bench chisel on my sandaled foot, laying my second toe open it's full length (had the edge landed 90-degrees to the foot, my user name would be "9-toe", or maybe 8.)

Drove myself to the ER. First thing I asked my wife when I got home was if my chisel was OK:-)