PDA

View Full Version : We ARE being watched!

dakotashooter2
12-27-2014, 10:43 PM
Recently there was an "event" next door to my former home, where my ex lives. Next to her is my brother in law's, mothers place. The cops got word that my BIL's older brother was making some bombs there and raided the place. In preparing for the raid they brought my BIL in the day before and questioned him on the layout of the house and other pertinent matters. My BIL told me that the FBI had individual pictures of every house on both sides of the block. But these were not current pictures as in within the last few hours or days. My BIL dated most of the pictures as being 3-4 years old based on the landscaping and vehicles located in the pictures.. I know the pictures did not come from city (or county) files because I work for the city and regularly reference the property files. Soooo.... why would the FBI have such pictures and where did they get them ????????????????

tomme boy
12-27-2014, 10:50 PM
Google Earth

Nueces
12-27-2014, 10:51 PM
Betcha it was Google maps street view.

Beagle333
12-27-2014, 10:54 PM
I hope they're watching me..... I'm in my underwear... and it ain't pretty. [smilie=s:

starmac
12-27-2014, 10:59 PM
Yup sounds like google earth, it will get updated, but a lot of the pictures will always be a few years behing.

HeavyMetal
12-27-2014, 11:06 PM
Yep Google Earth street view, I do it all the time when contacted via the internet so I not only know where I'm going but what I might be walking into, LOL!

The real question, which hasn't been asked, is was the BIL's older brother making bombs or was this just another over reaction by by the uniformed seeing some carrying a box of primers in from the car???

fatnhappy
12-27-2014, 11:12 PM
They should watch me, I'm simply fantastic. If they're watching right now they saw me scratch myself.

Wolfer
12-27-2014, 11:12 PM
I hope they're watching me..... I'm in my underwear... and it ain't pretty. [smilie=s:

Yep, me too! But I'm in deer camp and have been for several days and it's the same set of underwear!
This is not something anyone wants to see!

butch2570
12-27-2014, 11:15 PM
Probably being watched right here also, way to many members on here for there not to be at least one set of eyes and ears to see what's being said..

butch2570
12-27-2014, 11:16 PM
Yep, me too! But I'm in deer camp and have been for several days and it's the same set of underwear!
This is not something anyone wants to see! Oh Boy....

dakotashooter2
12-27-2014, 11:37 PM
They did have google earth stuff too, but he told me the pictures in question were "street view" with no overhead angle to them at all....

flyingmonkey35
12-27-2014, 11:47 PM
The could have been using any number of map software.

Google
Microsoft maps
Apple maps etc..

Bombs?????
Sounds like a realoder to me.

So what's the rest of the story. Were thier bombs or not?

jonas302
12-27-2014, 11:51 PM
Type in google earth street view its free and available to everybody Imagine what the Feds have besides if hes a criminal why shouldn't they watch him

fatnhappy
12-27-2014, 11:55 PM
They did have google earth stuff too, but he told me the pictures in question were "street view" with no overhead angle to them at all....

Google street view photos don't have overhead angle to them. They're imaged by a van driving down the road.
It's very possible they got them from your BIL's mother homeowners insurance company. They probably searched for realtor photos for neighboring properties. There's a number of legitimate ways they could have gotten them and I bet my next paycheck they did their homework well before they tipped their hand to your BIL.

dragon813gt
12-28-2014, 12:11 AM
Was the house on the market recently? If so the pics are on Zillow. It's amazing that I know what a lot of the houses around me look like on the inside.

So was this guy really making bombs? That's the interesting part of the story.

dtknowles
12-28-2014, 02:32 AM
Years ago, a friend showed me a street view picture of my truck out in the middle of the woods on a back road. I was out in the woods and parked on the side of the road, I guess the street view van went down that back road. If they did that road they have done most everywhere.

Tim

MaryB
12-28-2014, 02:38 AM
No street view here yet, town must be to small for Google to bother driving through. Closest is 1/2 mile away on the county road. And what did they find???? We want to know lol

TXGunNut
12-28-2014, 02:46 AM
Sure, we're being watched. I hope they enjoy seeing me feed the tom cat in my underwear first thing in the morning, lol. Sometimes I take my bedtime whiz out back when the weather is nice.
Be interesting to find out what they found but sometimes with the FBI you never hear.

starmac
12-28-2014, 02:47 AM
Was he building bombs, what kind, what ingredients, details man, important details, who cares what the neighbors house looks like. lol

MtGun44
12-28-2014, 04:40 PM
Terraview also links to "bird's eye views" which are apparently taken from an
aircraft and linked to the sat views.
Not all of the world is covered, but much of the USA is. Usually four angles of the
house.

Bill

xs11jack
12-28-2014, 08:09 PM
I don't think even clean underwear would help you guys!!!
Ole Jack

JWFilips
12-28-2014, 08:24 PM
I don't think even clean underwear would help you guys!!!
Ole Jack
Your right: They have resolution down to 1/2 inch skid mark! So change undies every day!:shock:

MaryB
12-28-2014, 10:39 PM
Google says Ilive 1/8 mile from where the house actually is... most GPS units put me 3 miles north of town... makes for nice privacy :bigsmyl2:

dtknowles
12-28-2014, 11:02 PM
Some of you who live in more rural areas are not watched as much as I am. I can't get two blocks from my house without get shot by a traffic cam and then the survalance cams from various business probably have me covered for almost all my activities until I get out of town and I don't even want to talk about work.

Tim

fatelk
12-28-2014, 11:42 PM
It was either some tv show or a something someone told me, forget which, but I remember a story about a guy who was showing his coworker Google street view. He says that's cool, look up my house.

So he pulls up the photos of the guys house. Of course there's a strange truck in the driveway. "I knew it! She's cheatin' on me, even has a guy over right now!

He roars off in a rage to confront his wife, before the coworker has a chance to explain that street view is not real time, and that truck might have been a previous tenant years earlier!

Bullwolf
12-28-2014, 11:54 PM
Some of you who live in more rural areas are not watched as much as I am. I can't get two blocks from my house without get shot by a traffic cam and then the survalance cams from various business probably have me covered for almost all my activities until I get out of town and I don't even want to talk about work.

Tim

A friend was looking at a Google Earth image of my Farm/Ranch. He thought he was being cute by informing me that my tractor was parked in the middle of the road, and sending me a copy of the satellite image.

That outdated image online was from 3-4 years ago. It still showed my tractor in the middle of the road where it had broken down, forcing me to do some work on it there to be able to move it. From the picture of the tractor, and some fallen tree's I was able to place the date it was taken quite accurately.

I get the impression that the public satellite image feeds are not updated all that often. It wouldn't especially surprise me to find out that somebody up higher has access to more recent imaging than the public gets to view however.

After looking at a few other image locations of friends and family via Google Earth, we started to notice that they were also quite out of date, some showed vehicles that were no longer owned still in the driveways. There were lots of other indications that the feeds were quite dated.

- Bullwolf

dtknowles
12-28-2014, 11:58 PM
A friend was looking at a Google Earth image of my Farm/Ranch. He thought he was being cute by informing me that my tractor was parked in the middle of the road, and sending me a copy of the satellite image.

That outdated image online was from 3-4 years ago. It still showed my tractor in the middle of the road where it had broken down, forcing me to do some work on it there to be able to move it. From the picture of the tractor, and some fallen tree's I was able to place the date it was taken quite accurately.

I get the impression that the public satellite image feeds are not updated all that often. It wouldn't especially surprise me to find out that somebody up higher has access to more recent imaging than the public gets to view however.

After looking at a few other image locations of friends and family via Google Earth, we started to notice that they were also quite out of date, some showed vehicles that were no longer owned still in the driveways. There were lots of other indications that the feeds were quite dated.

- Bullwolf

The traffic cams that I have to drive thru may or may not be recorded but I know that the security cams from the various business are recorded. Yes I know that the google suff is normally old, I can tell because I check them out. Much of the coverage just east of here is low res because it is a NASA/Military facility.

Tim

stephen m weiss
12-29-2014, 12:17 AM
I hate that I can't make fun small explosives without it being a freakin felony or wmd charge. There should be a different country for people who dont need a police state. Oh.. that's why the usa got started.. oh well, it was gone before I was born. But, to my knowledge, it's still legal to think about making them, without actually putting together parts. I think calculations can still get you tossed in the pokey though, even without parts.

One day I will write a paen to our lost right to bear arms.

I just read 'No Place To Hide: Edward Snowden'... to me it seems naive to think a few leaks can reverse trillions of dollars a year of oligarchy dominance. At most it was a small setback on the course to the failure of our empire, perhaps propping it up for a few more years. The book took a hopeful tone. I don't share that tone for the future of our freedoms. Neither the changing demographics of the nation, the increasing size of the government, the increasing percentage of citified citizens, the falling birthrate, or the size and political power of corporate entities compared to private entities indicates a reversal of course is in the near future.

Bullwolf
12-29-2014, 12:32 AM
The traffic cams that I have to drive thru may or may not be recorded but I know that the security cams from the various business are recorded. Yes I know that the google suff is normally old, I can tell because I check them out. Much of the coverage just east of here is low res because it is a NASA/Military facility.

Tim

Another female friend of the family got a ticket for running a red light.

(Really it was for not stopping for a right turn on a red)

She contested the camera ticket in court. She was quite surprised to have a video as well as the picture show up in her court fight about running the red light. The video clearly showed her not coming to a complete stop before turning right on the red light. Apparently those traffic light cameras can do a bit more than just snap a photo.

Kind of disturbing how much big brother is in our lives every day now. I never thought we would see things like satellite imaging, and stop light camera's.

My bigger issue is with the burden of proof being put on the registered owner of the vehicle when it comes to proving guilt or innocence - Instead of who ever was driving vehicle at the time the photo (or video) gets taken. It just seems like an extremely lazy way to generate revenue to me.

- Bullwolf

dtknowles
12-29-2014, 01:23 AM
I don't worry about the ticket or money I just don't like being recorded so much of the time. I fear the misuse by people access or the power to demand or buy access. I keep the locator function on my phone turned off but I don't know how to determine if it is truly not reporting my GPS location, the GPS is also turned off.

These intrusions into our privacy are legal and technically we opt in when we choose to drive or buy and use a cell phone. I could give up the phone and move to the country. I could retire and do just that but then again I would be giving up to much right now to do that. It is also not an issue because I have no fear of persecution at the present time, I don't think being a defender of the second amendment and owning guns or making ammo would be reason to fear persecution even with the current state of the government.

Tim

dakotashooter2
12-29-2014, 10:42 AM
His wife in Kansas served him divorce papers when he was here visiting for a week in September. He went home and got his stuff and moved in with his mother here. He had some M-80s he had legally bought years ago and was in the process of bundling them together. He apparently got drunk and showed them to some one while make threatening comments about his soon to be ex wife. My BIL said his brother was also having some mental issues that they were trying to get him to deal with.

I will yield to the computer literate crowd. I didn't realize that detailed type of info was out there and available to the public..............

Dale in Louisiana
12-29-2014, 02:38 PM
A bunch of cameras were installed throughout the state and concern grew and legislation was passed to deny camera ticketing. Funny, camera's are still in place and a few new ones have been added.
Storage is cheap. We have 'traffic' cameras all over the place now, supposedly so our guardians can monitor for wrecks, break-downs, etc., but if you want some 'aluminum foil beanie' stuff, you might want to follow technologies for using these videos for identifying license plates (http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/46/4602.asp). Just because they're NOT doing it now doesn't mean they WON'T it in the future, especially if Homeland Security is isolating threats from extremist groups like the NRA.

And if I take a picture of your plate HERE, and then I get a shot THERE in a bit too little time... Don't need no fancy speed cameras. It's matter of software. The hardware's already there.

Don't think it's possible? Google recent stories about EZTag on toll roads.

dale in Louisiana

dtknowles
12-29-2014, 03:39 PM
Storage is cheap. We have 'traffic' cameras all over the place now, supposedly so our guardians can monitor for wrecks, break-downs, etc., but if you want some 'aluminum foil beanie' stuff, you might want to follow technologies for using these videos for identifying license plates (http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/46/4602.asp). Just because they're NOT doing it now doesn't mean they WON'T it in the future, especially if Homeland Security is isolating threats from extremist groups like the NRA.

And if I take a picture of your plate HERE, and then I get a shot THERE in a bit too little time... Don't need no fancy speed cameras. It's matter of software. The hardware's already there.

Don't think it's possible? Google recent stories about EZTag on toll roads.

dale in Louisiana

I am not worried about tickets, tickets smicks if you don't like them follow the rules, I don't really care about how they catch you breaking the law, if you are breaking the law be prepared to face the music. I am worried about the potential for abuse by government agencies or powerful people of influence. It is sort of like the reason the background check info is not supposed to be retained and why no national data base of gun purchases is allowed. We know that we can't trust all the people in government and we can't count on enough whistleblowers to come forward and out the bad actors. The whistleblowers know that even though retribution is against the law it is still the first resort of those the whistleblowers out. It only makes sense in it's evil way. Think about it you are guilty of and are about to be reported for abuse of power what harm can come from using your power to discredit the whistleblower who is going to rat on you. If you have connections what is going to stop you from monitoring the whistleblowers phone and track him using traffic cams.

Tim

tomme boy
12-29-2014, 05:31 PM
Today I noticed a car going down the street real slow and stopping in front of each house. I looked real close and the person was taking a picture of each house. I then noticed it was a gov't plate. Then as stood in the full glass door in the front of the house, he took a picture of me standing there in just my underwear. As he past by to the next house, I seen a USPS sticker on the rear trunk lid.

Thats going to be a really nice picture of my big hairy belly and in my underwear. Really this did happen this AM.

Blacksmith
12-29-2014, 10:06 PM
Sure, we're being watched. I hope they enjoy seeing me feed the tom cat in my underwear first thing in the morning, lol. Sometimes I take my bedtime whiz out back when the weather is nice.
Be interesting to find out what they found but sometimes with the FBI you never hear.

Why was the Tom cat wearing your underwear?

Whoever is watching me probably died of boredom and they just don't realize it because his reports are always the same anyway.

Multigunner
12-29-2014, 10:32 PM
An aquaintance bought a statue from a WW3 apocalyptic type art exhibit. Very creepy thing it was, a representation of a nuclear war victim.
His nosy neighbor saw him moving it into his house and freaked out. The cops came and carted off what they thought were human remains and arrested him for grave robbing before the medical examiner noticed the teeth were actually kernels of corn and the skeletal figure was made from tree branches coated with fiber glass.

The google earth street view of my house is high res enough that I could see that one of my cats was holding down a slat of the blinds of the picture window to peer out at the van taking the pictures.

These street views would be very handy in training ambulance drivers and first responders, and I expect that real estate companies use these to give prospective buyers a good idea of the neighborhoods where houses for sale would be.
Theres good rolling images of the streets to take to reach hospitals and schools.
This is especially handy around here since many of the older streets are now dead ends or cul de sacs.

stephen m weiss
12-29-2014, 10:44 PM
I dont know what to make of it, but google maps showed my hunting property with my new cabin and trailer there, then reverted it to before those were there. I am happy enough not to have cabin raiders be able to find cabins and trailers to raid!

TXGunNut
12-29-2014, 10:45 PM
Our local tax appraisal district made good use of satellite photos af my mom's neighborhood. Seems most houses in the neighborhood had back patios that were not part of the old appraisals. "Oversight" corrected. :-(

starmac
12-29-2014, 11:14 PM
Well I am just glad they got wind of him and stopped him before he could set any of those m80s off. geesh.

dragon813gt
12-29-2014, 11:31 PM
Our local tax appraisal district made good use of satellite photos af my mom's neighborhood. Seems most houses in the neighborhood had back patios that were not part of the old appraisals. "Oversight" corrected. :-(

They use it around here for finding pools and sheds. You're supposed to pull permits for them but we know how that goes.

MaryB
12-30-2014, 01:49 AM
You can ask Google to remove or obscure you property and address. http://www.offthegridnews.com/2013/10/30/how-to-hide-your-house-from-google-maps/

thxmrgarand
12-30-2014, 06:02 PM
From my perspective the intrusions are quite a bit more alarming. At different times during 2014 the Wall St. Journal and maybe Bloomberg.com had articles listing federal agencies that use devices that scan license plates and instantly tell the device user details about the vehicle owner, and other articles listed federal agencies that similarly use face recognition software. I recall that the United States Forest Service was among the agencies subscribing to these services and using these devices. One article quoted that federal agency in saying that marijuana gardens on their (it's really our) land justified using these devices when they drive around the woods.

tomme boy
12-30-2014, 06:32 PM
Guess why they tell you to take off your glasses at the drivers licence station when they take your picture? Lets just say that Homeland Security has your picture for facial recognition software.

Moondawg
12-31-2014, 05:29 PM
After reading all the replies to this thread and some of the descriptions of the degrees of nekedness or what ya'll are doing. I think I lost my appetite for supper. I hope it comes back.

BUFFALOW RED
12-31-2014, 08:42 PM
so anyone thought about the drones coming over the fence & taking video of your place etc...
my wife wanted a 12g loaded & ready she claims she will blast em on sight if its on our acreage

Remiel
12-31-2014, 10:17 PM
so anyone thought about the drones coming over the fence & taking video of your place etc...
my wife wanted a 12g loaded & ready she claims she will blast em on sight if its on our acreage

All i can hear in my head after reading this is someone yelling "PULL" a shotgun blast and "HEY RED, GOT ANOTHER ONE!"

.45Cole
12-31-2014, 10:34 PM
I'm looking at buying a house and I have tons of free time and it's currently -26 outside so I play on the internet. I found that I can do tons of things from the county assesor's website. Pics of the houses from different angles, layouts of the houses, documents filed pertaining to ownership and monies. I can even search by name and see who owns what. Public property!

Cmm_3940
12-31-2014, 11:00 PM
Guess why they tell you to take off your glasses at the drivers licence station when they take your picture? Lets just say that Homeland Security has your picture for facial recognition software.

I've worn glasses in every DL photo I've ever had.

NavyVet1959
12-31-2014, 11:28 PM
I keep a piece of tape / post-it note over the camera of any of my laptops so that when they are spying on me, they don't see anything.

NavyVet1959
12-31-2014, 11:33 PM

Stennis?

dtknowles
01-01-2015, 12:10 AM
Stennis?

Yes.

Tim

NavyVet1959
01-01-2015, 12:30 AM
Yes.

I'm surprised that they would intentionally blur it out. I've flown over that area quite a few times when flying from Slidell to Diamondhead or Gulfport.

tomme boy
01-01-2015, 12:46 AM
I've worn glasses in every DL photo I've ever had.Starting this year you will not be able to do that anymore. According to the IDOT drivers licence people. They also send the licence to you know. They are no longer made at the testing house.

MaryB
01-01-2015, 12:52 AM
Just looked on Google and not blurred, no street views but pretty high rez sat view.

I'm surprised that they would intentionally blur it out. I've flown over that area quite a few times when flying from Slidell to Diamondhead or Gulfport.

NavyVet1959
01-01-2015, 01:05 AM
Just looked on Google and not blurred, no street views but pretty high rez sat view.

Bing often has photos taken from low flying aircraft in addition to the satellite views. For some places, it's really good. They don't have that for the area over Stennis, even though I know that I've flown over that area before.

salpal48
01-01-2015, 01:06 AM
The all seeing eye is alway watching and reading. Never put anything in writing You don't want read . If you don't think they ??? are gathering Info all the time You are living in the past
never let anyone Know what your really thinking Or believing.

dtknowles
01-01-2015, 01:28 AM

Yeah, not much there but a few rocket test stands and an old ammo plant and offices. The Seals do train in the swamp there. They took over the range out there an I can't go anymore. I built some rocket motors and took them out there to test. We never did sell any so that was a waste of time.

Tim

dtknowles
01-01-2015, 01:30 AM
Bing often has photos taken from low flying aircraft in addition to the satellite views. For some places, it's really good. They don't have that for the area over Stennis, even though I know that I've flown over that area before.

What had you flying from Slidell to Gulfport.

Tim

dtknowles
01-01-2015, 01:40 AM
The all seeing eye is alway watching and reading. Never put anything in writing You don't want read . If you don't think they ??? are gathering Info all the time You are living in the past
never let anyone Know what your really thinking Or believing.

"never let anyone Know what your really thinking Or believing"

Really and truly? Let you thoughts be pure and share them with the world. I pour my heart and mind out here. There is little held back. I will back up every sentiment in any public forum and let the chips fall where they may. They may be watching and recording but who cares. I know some on here that should be skaird but I expect that the Powers that Be would consider them harmless idiots. Actually what the PTB would call them would probably be censored here with *********.

I have express concern from the surveillance but it is not for today but for the day when the PTB think anyone with a brain is a threat.

Tim

NavyVet1959
01-01-2015, 01:52 AM
What had you flying from Slidell to Gulfport.

Various things... Government contract...

MaryB
01-01-2015, 02:01 AM
Right now they are collecting more data than they can actually handle according to one report. Not to say they won't find ways to collate it all and store it in the future.

Cmm_3940
01-01-2015, 02:10 AM
I keep a piece of tape / post-it note over the camera of any of my laptops so that when they are spying on me, they don't see anything.

Don't forget to plug up the little hole for the microphone, too.

Hickory
01-01-2015, 02:19 AM
I brought up my property several months ago on Google Maps and I can see the 10 blueberry bushes my wife planted last year. Keep in mind that they were about 14" tall.
I can even tell what crops are planted in the field.
I think I read that Google maps reshoots the surface of the earth every 16 months.

dtknowles
01-01-2015, 02:41 AM
I brought up my property several months ago on Google Maps and I can see the 10 blueberry bushes my wife planted last year. Keep in mind that they were about 14" tall.
I can even tell what crops are planted in the field.
I think I read that Google maps reshoots the surface of the earth every 16 months.

Understand that Google does not have their own satellite and they buy commercial space images from Spot or Landsat.

Tim

10-x
01-01-2015, 08:34 PM
Gee, with all our health problems I wish I could be worried about stuff like this. Given away most of my "stuff" to son and grandson, less is better now. Cancer and back problems are a real b*+ch.......