PDA

View Full Version : Okay, who was given what as a gift today?

WILCO
12-25-2014, 06:09 PM
I know it's not about the gifts, but I'm curious to know.
Have received a great couple of gifts. Amongst them, a cast iron griddle by Lodge.

1911cherry
12-25-2014, 06:14 PM
Grandma gave me a nice Case knife.

Outer Rondacker
12-25-2014, 06:17 PM
The Misses and I dont have much so what we do have we spend on the grand kids. Rule is no gifts to me or her. We just spend the day with each other. This year I tossed out my back and she put a few bucks aside here and there and bought me a Pick-A-Roon. Made by LogRite. Love it. I managed to get her a digital cam she had been wanting. Funny neither of us knew. We have never exchanged gifts for eachother before. Merry Christmas.

RogerDat
12-25-2014, 06:47 PM
Wife and I don't really exchange "gifts" we both get some things to put in a stocking we both put up. Mostly just treats or some little things we think the other will like. She put a Hogdon annual reloading manual in my stocking this year. :-) Thought since it said reloading "and looked like it had stuff in it like that other book I'm always looking at so she picked it up". Pretty good woman's intuition and a good cook too.

Focus now is on the grandkids and hosting the family. Even back when we did gifts with each other we decided to just take the money we would have spent on gifts and go out shopping the after Christmas specials together. Have lunch and make a day of it. Money came out of the same bank account, so shopping together was a nice way to make sure we always got the right size, style, color or model of gift.

starmac
12-25-2014, 06:54 PM
I have a griddle very similar to that, then one a little bigger. The bigger one only gets most of it's use at the family reunion where we all camp in the mountains, and is superb for that. You will enjot it.

We had a bigger than normal christmas, both giving and recieving, we were very blessed, as was all our kids, grandkids, and a few friends.

gwpercle
12-25-2014, 06:54 PM
A cardboard box full of wheel-weights from my daughter and a Cabela's gift card from my wife!
Do those girls know me or what.
Gary

RED333
12-25-2014, 07:29 PM
Cordless drill, house shoes, PJ pants, the day with my wife, son, daughter, brother,
his wife and boys(gave them 50 rounds of 22LR each) and my Mom.
Cant ask for better.

salpal48
12-25-2014, 07:34 PM
My daughter gave me a great gift. a book " Civil War Battle field Guide. "

FISH4BUGS
12-25-2014, 07:35 PM
I gave my significant other an AR15 with a Nikon 1x4 and Harris Bipod. She was less than impressed. Gee....I guess I'll have to shoot it myself to make sure it works right and to keep it ready.
I'll get her a new necklace when some money comes in from clients.

ph4570
12-25-2014, 07:40 PM
Some very nice gifts from the kids and my wife. AND a Sig P220 from Santa.

Michael J. Spangler
12-25-2014, 07:43 PM
wifey got me an NOE 453423 4 cavity mold.
WOOHOO!
merry christmas all

dlbarr
12-25-2014, 07:47 PM
A couple of wood working files (have a ML I'm re-stocking), a book on small boat building. The book is a little outside the box for me, but very interesting.

Half the family is sick today but, other than being sorry they don't feel so good, it makes for a very quiet & relaxing Christmas holiday! Merry Christmas to all. :)

Loudenboomer
12-25-2014, 07:58 PM
WILCO next to Boolit makings, cast iron is about the nicest thing you can get a guy.

Cant wait to try the remote Coyote call the wife bought me.

ashhoe
Got a box of meat and cheese from the youngest freeloader and the older one got me some new "wicked good" slippers from LL Bean. I love my old ones, they've been around the world from China to Arizona, Florida to Alaska and everywhere from the middle of nowhere back to Mighty Michigan. They're resting now and the new ones have my feet on fire right now. Wait, maybe that's the Makers Mark warming me up. Not sure now.
Me and the wifey will be out dishwasher shopping for our present in a day or two.
Oh, Santa sent me a present via Palmetto State Armory too. Love those people.
All I can say is merry Christmas to all.

bangerjim
Got a remote control drone and an iPAD Air 2.

Also an 8 channel audio mixer with digital EFX and USB output for my MIDI music system.

banger

starbits
12-25-2014, 08:09 PM
My siblings gave me 5 tape measures. Two were in glued and nailed wood boxes filled with expanding foam, one was wrapped in duct tape to 1/2 inch thick, one was wrapped in rubber bands to the size of a softball, and one had the metal tape itself glued so it wouldn't pull out. All 5 of them were in a series of larger and larger boxes. Next Christmas is going to be fun for my siblings.

Starbits

smoked turkey
12-25-2014, 09:23 PM
Our two sons, their families, and my wife really took good care of me this Christmas. They always do but since you asked here it is:
.380 acp dies, and a .355 sizer. Then from swappin and sellin on this great forum I got a couple of moulds and a MEC 12 gauge sizer (I helped them by facilitating). I am a very blessed man to have such a loving and supportive family. We spent several days together and had a wonderful time enjoying each others company.

dpoe001
12-25-2014, 09:55 PM
My nephew gave me a sears roebuck model 101.40 single shot 12 gauge.

dakotashooter2
12-25-2014, 10:03 PM
Shirts, socks, gloves and some gift cards which will be applied to a new 20 ga shotgun.

daniel lawecki
12-25-2014, 10:05 PM
Nikon camera Bose speakers and other stuff.

Omega
12-25-2014, 10:23 PM
I got some clothes, a pair of electronic ear muffs, some binos, but what I think I'll get plenty of use out of is this little gadget:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CYARTL2/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2G1KAEVZRZQ77&coliid=IS4DPQE34DPCM
When I checked my game cameras I had to either swap my cards, carry my tablet with card reader or just bring in the cameras. This way I can check them on the spot and decide if I should leave it, re-aim, or move them elsewhere.

John Allen
12-25-2014, 10:31 PM
I got that same griddle plus a new fishing rod and reel.

TJF1
12-25-2014, 11:31 PM
I got a handy in 22 hornet
terry

WILCO
12-25-2014, 11:37 PM
WILCO next to Boolit makings, cast iron is about the nicest thing you can get a guy.

I agree!

WILCO
12-25-2014, 11:38 PM
You will enjot it.

I believe that I shall.

dragon813gt
12-25-2014, 11:40 PM
My Mom gave me a Christmas wreath I made w/ her when I was five and the advent calendar I used growing up. Means more to me anything they could have bought. It was my son's first Christmas so it's all about him from now on.

MaryB
12-25-2014, 11:43 PM
Tigger brought me a mouse in bed... still live...

I stayed home, still recovering from the CT myelogram headache from he11 and the sore back and legs from having the nerves hit 4 times.

btroj
12-25-2014, 11:50 PM
I got the gift of working for 7 hours.

texassako
12-26-2014, 12:03 AM
I received a couple of cutting boards and a gift card, but the best part was watching a bunch of kids open some fun stuff while eating a large variety of homemade cookies.

SciFiJim
12-26-2014, 12:04 AM
I got a 27 inch monitor for my computer. This thing is HUGE.

Is sure is nice to be able to see things on the screen and be able to read posts easily again. I have to actually sit back from the monitor now.

The best part of Christmas was that both kids were home for it. We sat up Christmas Eve and played cards and laughed and talked until 1 AM. It was great!

therealhitman
12-26-2014, 01:12 AM
I received an ERGO handle for my 550 and a cool Captain America T shirt! Plus some other random stuff I can't remember...

375supermag
12-26-2014, 05:56 AM
Hi...

Real nice Christmas over here.

My wife and I got our son all the components he needs to build himself a new gaming computer.

My wife got a beautiful 6-ft tall cabinet handmade in India for the kitchen, an electric griddle, a new stainless range hood to match the new convection oven/range she got for her birthday two weeks ago and a couple of other kitchen things.

I received a new dress gun belt from the NRA store, some reactive targets for the range, some clothes and stuff and my wife had four paintings of English fox hunts framed up for my den.

We also all got various gift cards to Amazon, restaurants, movie theaters, etc.

The best part was loading the family ride up with gifts and going to visit my two grown daughters and their families.
Handing out gifts to 5 grandkids was more fun than anything.

I will admit being on vacation from Dec.23 until January 5 is pretty neat, as well.

Taylor
12-26-2014, 07:59 AM
Myself and wife are at Ft. Belvoir,Virginia visiting daughter, SIL and our only granddaughter.That's good enough for me.But I did get a Lee slug mold and a trigger pull gauge.The traffic is insane here.Today we are taking a train to DC to look around and see stuff.

Ajax
12-26-2014, 08:13 AM
I got the same griddle lol. I got a nice patch knife from my son. The ex got me a borescope this will fit down a 22 barrel. But the most important gift i got was being invited to the in-laws for Christmas, Spending holidays alone really sucks, I will be home in Texas for Christmas next year.

Andy

WRideout
12-26-2014, 08:34 AM
I told my girls I wanted cartridge brass for Christmas; my three daughters are grown and all live in Knoxville, TN. They sent me 100 ea of brass for my 91/30 Mosin, 7.62 Nagant, and 7.62 Tok. I'll get a lot more use out of those than another tie. I love those kids of mine.

Wayne

blaser.306
12-26-2014, 09:20 AM
It is what I Didn't get for Christmas ( a divorce )! The wife kept her sense of humor when I showed her the Ruger M77 heavy BBl. 22-250, Vortex 6.5-20x50 and bi pod she bought me for Christmas this year!

rmatchell
12-26-2014, 09:40 AM
My wifes parents got me a 12x12 ar500 target, a 325 sizing die, and some cash. My brother in law got me a netbook and a gift card. My parents also gave me some cash so I made out good enough to order a check maker and a trip to grafs.

osteodoc08
12-26-2014, 09:41 AM
I told the wife not to get me anything. She got me a set of electronic silicone ear plugs a few small things and a coffee mug that plugs into a 12v car outlet.

I'm going to get the rest of my Christmas money spent today.......a much needed set of tires on my wife's Yukon.

Lloyd Smale
12-26-2014, 09:42 AM
got it a couple days early but its a 5x15 bushnell elite tactical scope for my 700 308 tactical.

MrWolf
12-26-2014, 11:10 AM
My daughter stayed over from Christamas Eve. We watched two Christmas movies, Elf and A Christmas Carol (the best one with Alastair Sim -1951). Wife an I just give each other small everyday things as we buy for my daughter and son. I did get a nice pair of winter gloves and a really nice thick robe. Family is all together for the weekend. Great gift!

dilly
12-26-2014, 11:46 AM
I'm going to need to get a bigger house if the in laws keep buying this many gifts for my 3 month old baby.

OeldeWolf
12-26-2014, 04:23 PM
I received 3 blue steel knives, a $25 amazon gift card, a shirt, a pair of house slippers, and a snow globe from my daughter. The granddaughter was with her mom in japan, so no children there. And I really do not seem to have much in common with most all of my family, anymore.

Love Life
12-26-2014, 06:39 PM
A new lee pro 4-20 pot. I see that they now use a threaded rod for the pour spout/flow adjustment and have a weighted knob for the handle. Neat. I must say the new pot is of much better quality than the lee 20 lb I bought back in 2009.

I also got a large cast iron fricassee pan. I can't wait to put that to use!!

Hmmm... What else? Some clothes and a couple gift cards.

My daughter and son made out like fat rats.

Ed Barrett
12-26-2014, 06:53 PM
I got a set of 3 bounce around self-healing targets. I can't wait to try them out at 200 yards with some cast loads.

Down South
12-26-2014, 07:09 PM
I got a bag of Hickory nuts and a cheap hammer.

petroid
12-26-2014, 07:23 PM
I decided it was better to give than receive. I recently purchased an EAA Witness PS in 9mm that I didn't really need but had a good price. I decided my FIL needed it more than me. He is recently retired and now on a fixed income. After having some HVAC repairs done, he didnt have a lot of cash to spend on his grandkids' Christmas presents and his own kids (my wife is his stepdaughter) rarely visit or spend time with him. I showed it to him on Christmas Eve to feel him out and he said he really liked it but didn't have enough money for his own. He was quite surprised to find it wrapped under the tree with his name on it come Christmas morning. He was grinning ear to ear posing with it along with my wife and her new SR9C.

Oh I forgot. Got about 75lbs of COWW

Garyshome
12-26-2014, 07:24 PM
I got some Coal!

BNE
12-26-2014, 08:44 PM
I got an electrostatic spray gun!

mold maker
12-26-2014, 09:26 PM
The wife thinks I look good in sweaters, and they were on sale.
She sure was surprised when I opened a Mihec 4 cavity HP mold from her.
It's pretty chilly where I'll cast, so a sweater will feel good under my jacket, while I cast this Winter.
Move over Spot.

fast ronnie
12-26-2014, 10:23 PM
I built my wife a new rifle rest for her Garand. She's planing on trying it out tomorrow. I painted in in her favorite color and stamped her name in it. Took her completely by surprise. Have you ever tried finding purple paint? Today, we got the oil pan back on her race car. We still play together after 36 + years.

Wild Bill 7
12-26-2014, 11:05 PM
Yahoo! Got a Ruger NMBH 41 mag. Wife got gift cards cause it's better for her to buy what she wants than have to take it all back. Took a long time to figure that out. LOL. Belated Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

kens
12-26-2014, 11:53 PM
Got a replica USGI canvas bag for a Garand, and a coffee cup that will not tip over.

twc1964
12-27-2014, 12:22 AM
Well i got a stanley socket set, 2 different types of smell good stuff and 3 25 dollar gift cards i can burn up at cabelas. Also sold my old 71 chevy truck so now i can order some powders! Woo hoo

wildwilly
12-27-2014, 01:58 AM
I received a bottle of Chivas Regal, two bottle sets of Jack Daniels, and a duster for my Tacoma.

lbaize3
12-27-2014, 01:09 PM
A new Ruger Gunsite Scout Rifle in .223 and a Leatherwood 2X7 scout scope.

TXGunNut
12-27-2014, 01:51 PM
Nice griddle, got one myself a few years back but I don't use it much. Would help if I remembered to take it along, lol. No idea what I got for Christmas other than a new Buck knife, a bottle and a little electric lantern from my brother while at deer camp. Only kid (somewhat related) in the area is a spoiled brat so I was happy to miss that scene, always a bit uncomfortable with other folks in that house as well.
A little play tent I sent to my great-nephew was a big hit, I hear. Most everyone else got gift cards from me but many of them are as hard to shop for as I am so it works out.

garym1a2
12-27-2014, 01:59 PM
Dillon 550B from my Mom and brothers. The kid got me a TRS-25 Red dot.

fatnhappy
12-27-2014, 03:08 PM
I know it's not about the gifts, but I'm curious to know.
Have received a great couple of gifts. Amongst them, a cast iron griddle by Lodge.

You're going to love it.

HeavyMetal
12-27-2014, 03:25 PM
This is my second Christmas with the GF, we've been seeing each other about 3 years this coming Feb.

She got me a Gift card for $150 to Bass Pro's since we have no other large sporting good store local and I will find something I want for sure.

I got myself a Do-All Raven Skeet Thrower, wanted one for years but balked at the $400 plus price range of these things.

I always shop around this time of year looking to see if a deal is to be had on these things: BY Golly WalMart, of all places, had them on sale for $295.00 with free ship to store and I got it in three days!

Now the GF is still working her way through her odd gifts: as she bought herself a real nice Black & Decker 24 volt Cordless Drill set up ( not kidding she bought it for herself she likes tools and telling me how to do "stuff")

I bought her a nice Ruby necklace and earing set ( to set the mood of course) and real nice Lowe's cordless tool kit to go with her B&D drill ( one of those 106 piece jobs in a fold up took box)

She also recieved a brand new front fender, still in the box, ( try and wrap one of those) for her new to her 1990 Honda Accord.

The Accord is spotless save a right front fender with a big wrinkle in it.

The fun part was: Bill when will you put it on?

Honey after I get it painted you get to show me what you got while I watch and tell you how to do it!

This morning she's still warping her head around that one, LOL!

Happy New Year to all, I expect mine to be "interesting"!

pjames32
12-27-2014, 04:35 PM
My wife bought me a RCBS Pro Melt. I bought myself a Navy Arms Rolling block.
PJ

michiganmike
12-27-2014, 05:04 PM
My dear wife bought me a gun safe. And I bought myself two pounds of Accurate 5744 at a very good price ($30) locally.

I bought her some nice things too. She is reading one at the moment - an anthology of Christmas murder mysteries.

I went out and tried my first batch of 7mm-08 rounds with the 5744. But it was so windy and gusty, I couldn't tell what they were doing. The 5744 is a very clean powder. I do appreciate that. The bullet I was firing was the RCBS #82018 (7mm-168-SP that according to RCBS is supposed to drop a 168 grain bullet.

But using Lyman #2 alloy, I consistently get 180 grain bullets. I've tried slower powders (H4895, BLC2). But haven't had the consistent accuracy I am looking for.

I welcome all ideas for recipes for this heavy 7mm-08 bullet.

Happy New Year to you All,

Michigan Mike

woodbutcher
12-27-2014, 06:44 PM
:) Well,lets see.Me and the Missus have each other.Reasonable health.She got me a new pair of house slippers,and I got her a book by one of her favorite authors.Now a friend of mine in Fl lucked out big time.His wife bought him an original 1873 Winchester in great shape.She gave it to him early,soooooooooooooooooooooo he done got his first deer this year with it.
Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
Leo

hiram1
12-27-2014, 11:26 PM
i got a new 550b and am a happy camper.that makes 2.

Pb2au
12-27-2014, 11:34 PM
I got some books I had had on my want list, a thermometer, and best of all, two new pairs of new wool socks.
i love new socks. A lot.
growing up my socks were terrible and hand me downs to boots.
I grew up to appreciate good socks.

Alvarez Kelly
12-27-2014, 11:42 PM
I too appreciate socks. I like a certain cotton blend work sock for three season wear. They were discontinued recently. My wife got three dozen pair for me! I couldn't have been more happy.

Wow. So I'm a thread killer.