PDA

View Full Version : Newb Lubersizer question

Twmaster
12-22-2014, 07:37 PM
Picked up a badly abused Lyman 4500 recently. Somebody let it swim in a puddle or something as it was rusted up tight.

Anyhow, after a few new parts and much elbow grease I've got the thing working. Just trying to learn how to set it up etc.

One question. I've set up a new H&I sizer for .429 and have some lovely 214 grain SWC's I've cast.

Is it usual for there to be a smear of lube on the bearing edges of the boolit between the grease grooves? I'm using up the tube of Lyman Alox lube that came with my Big Dipper casting kit.

Thanks.

Yodogsandman
12-22-2014, 07:48 PM
No. A photo of the boolit would help to fully understand your situation. Is your boolit undersized? Is your sizer die rough inside? Did it feed into the die off center? What's the boolit diameter before and after sizing?

Twmaster
12-23-2014, 01:17 AM
Looks like I may have been a little ahead of myself.

I just ran 10 more bullets and they all came out nice. Looking as I expected them to look. The mold dropped them at .432 to .433 and the sizer is putting them out at .4295 and they appear to be nice and round.

This is the first time I've ever used a Lubrisizer. Was just concerned something was wrong. Silly Rabbit! :mrgreen: