s mac
12-22-2014, 04:23 PM
And the youngster said I'm going to show you how to do this one more time. LOL

Bad Water Bill
12-22-2014, 04:28 PM
Looks like someone has a smart dog.

starmac
12-22-2014, 04:29 PM
I Have been having to put up with some lame brain dog sledders lately. I guess I should be telling them they are doing it all bassackwards. lol

runfiverun
12-22-2014, 05:11 PM
better than the results of trying to hook your Doberman and your buddy's german Shepard up to the same wagon I can assure you.

Bad Water Bill
12-22-2014, 05:29 PM
Speaking from experience I take it.[smilie=s:

cbrick
12-22-2014, 07:27 PM
better than the results of trying to hook your Doberman and your buddy's german Shepard up to the same wagon I can assure you.

Now why doesn't that sound like a good idea?

runfiverun
12-22-2014, 10:04 PM
well yeah.... but stupid ideas sound a lot better when you haven't made it to your teenage years yet.

MaryB
12-22-2014, 11:38 PM
Friend had a dog team. Other than lead dog the rest were a bunch of brain dead idiots who only knew one thing, RUN! I was pit crew for him on the Bear Grease race twice, helped with sick or injured dogs, made sure food was where it needed to be etc. Summer training was towing a gutted Toyota station wagon, 1 seat, steering wheel, basic body frame. No windows, doors, engine, fenders etc to lighten it. He quit when the idiots ran right into waist deep open water on the river and he had to walk to the nearest house and make a call to track me down and do a rescue. His keys were in his thigh pocket and the water froze the zipper shut so he couldn't get into his truck. I thawed his zippers with a torch, got him into spare clothing and back to where I was living at the time and in front of a fire to thaw. Dogs got to bed down in the spare bedroom for the night to warm up.

cbrick
12-23-2014, 02:38 PM
That is a smart dog.

Yeah, look at the look on the dogs face. That is the look of a dog that knows the proper order of things. :mrgreen:

Rick

geargnasher
12-23-2014, 06:14 PM
well yeah.... but stupid ideas sound a lot better when you haven't made it to your teenage years yet.

Don't they though! Like the time I made a Roman horse helmet out of velour and a cut-up 5-gallon bucket and tried to put it on my Shetland pony. We were fine for about 20 yards....and then he spooked. Still have scars from that one.

Gear

MtGun44
12-24-2014, 01:02 AM
Now THAT is a funny pic. Look on the dog's face is priceless.

Never liked Doby's - had a friend in college that raised them and the stud dog would
sit there just vibrating with anticipation, sitting still because he was told to by the
owner. You could just about hear his thoughts. ..... "Cannot kill, must kill, cannot kill,
boss says CANNOT kill, want to kill, have to kill, BOSS SAYS CANNOT kill........"

Scary as heck dog. About 185 lbs of pure iron muscled killing machine, teetering on
the edge like a clock spring wound too tight.

I really like and get along with essentially all dogs, just some Dobermans. . . .

Bill

cbrick
12-24-2014, 02:33 AM
Had an Aunt that raised Dobie's for years, right up until the day her two oldest ones that she had for several years chewed her a new one. That was the end of the Dobie's and the beginning of the rest of her life with rather nasty scares. I don't trust Dobies, one minute your their best friend and the next minute your their dinner.

Rick

leftiye
12-24-2014, 09:11 AM
They're just like shepherds, Rottweilers, Pit Bulls, etc. great dogs, just ask their owners. Within each breed there are great dogs, and others bred to be killers.

btroj
12-24-2014, 09:15 AM
And people wonder why we have cats

starmac
12-24-2014, 01:09 PM

To feed the dogs?? LOL

cbrick
12-24-2014, 01:14 PM

My dog thinks cats make really great chew toys & they make cool noises when being chewed on.

Rick

geargnasher
12-24-2014, 01:28 PM

I don't. We thought really hard about getting a permit for a little larger version, but decided if we wanted a potential killer in the house it would be cheaper to get a dog.

Gear

MtGun44
12-24-2014, 11:59 PM
Had several female German Shepherds over the years in the family, kind, reliable dogs around the
family but pretty protective with strangers around my Mom. I was happy to have her around to
keep Mom safe when Dad wasn't nearby. Not familiar with the males, might be a different story.

Bill

MaryB
12-25-2014, 12:23 AM
Friend had rotts, biggest babies for dogs I ever met. Unless you were a cop, and he did not train them to hate cops, they just did. Otherwise they would lick you to death

doc1876
12-25-2014, 07:00 AM
Years ago, I had a Malamute wolf cross that was the same way with a sled, I thought it was just me

4719dave
12-25-2014, 10:15 AM
That dog must have been with my dog ,,throw the stick and yes the look no you go get it ...lol