PDA

View Full Version : Lee Pro 4 20# Bottom pour pot to someone in need

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
12-22-2014, 12:51 AM
I have a Lee 20# bottom pour pot I no longer use and would like to give to a fellow member. This pot will go to a member that does NOT already have a furnace. This means if you literally use fire, a pot, and a ladle to cast, then you are eligible for this pot. You are NOT eligible if you already have a furnace (even if you still ladle cast). To be eligible just briefly describe your casting set up. On the day after New Years (Jan 2) at 8:00 pm CST, I will assign all those eligible a number. I will then use a random number generator to select a winner.

Furnace is 110 and will ship USA only. Thanks!

Boolit_Head
12-22-2014, 01:10 AM
I've got to say very nice of you. I've got a 10 lb pot or I'd throw my name in.

JD74
12-22-2014, 09:59 AM
dang year late for me Wife upgraded me for x-mas last year

s mac
12-22-2014, 10:18 AM
Nice offer. what generous folk around here.

minmax
12-22-2014, 10:23 AM
I would like to be added to the drawing. My current casting set up involves a 30 minute drive to my mentor's shop. I have be collecting moulds for the different calibers I shoot. If I were to try casting here it would be with an old camp stove and my grandmother's cast iron dutch oven. I do have a ladle so that is a plus!

roscottjr
12-22-2014, 07:35 PM
I was casting for my 30-30, 9mm and 12 gauge slugs until my pot quit working. Waiting until I can afford another to get back to casting again.

str8shot426
12-22-2014, 10:57 PM
I still cast over fire with a ladle. I do not have a furnace.
If my name goes in and is picked, I will PIF a boolit casting starter kit for .38/357.

Jim[emoji106]

vwpieces
12-23-2014, 12:33 AM
Wow, very nice gift ICH. I have one already & hope it goes to someone that really needs it.

stogierob
12-23-2014, 12:38 AM
don't know if you've made your choice yet, but I'm just starting in the casting hobby. I've got one mould for 230g RN bullets for my .45. I've found one garage that'll give me wheel weights, but i've realized I'll need to turn to my recycling center to pickup lead. I've been collecting pots to convert the raw lead into ingots in the spring. A bottom pour pot would be a hell of an improvement over what I have now...

Thanks...
StogieRob

PS: I'm also in Illinois... Oswego...

Jr.
12-23-2014, 03:23 PM
Very generous of you. I ladle cast over a turkey fryer but I'll let this one go to someone else. I rather enjoy the ladle casting.

Man this site is awesome.

lmfd20
12-23-2014, 03:31 PM
Very nice yotehunter, I bought one of these as my first furnace last year. Sorry to clutter but wanted to commend you on your generosity.

SSGOldfart
12-23-2014, 03:41 PM
Wow, That's really nice I don't need it myself but I have a son that could use it he's just getting started with casting he'll get my pot someday but I hope to use it a little while longer before I cash in, I've rounded up a sizer and a couple of molds with handles for him but I still got a few more items to go He and his young wife are keeping about water now so he don't have extra's for stuff like this,when he gets out of school or pays back his school loans he might be able too start collecting the stuff need to enjoy this crazy hobby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skirmisher
12-23-2014, 03:41 PM
I'd like to be in on it. Been using a camp stove and small pot way too long.

dcryder
12-24-2014, 12:22 AM
I would like my name added as I have been using a coleman camping stove and a cast iron pot and a large cheap metal spoon to cast my boolits with.

Omega
12-24-2014, 12:31 AM
I would like my name added as I have been using a coleman camping stove and a cast iron pot and a large cheap metal spoon to cast my boolits with.Oohh, I feel your pain. Same setup I use, but I won't add my name because I have a new lee 20 here with a PID inbound.

fast ronnie
12-24-2014, 02:58 AM
Brass Magnet sent me a Lyman mold for Christmas. I don't have a pot yet and have been keeping my eye out for one. Not new to shooting or loading, but haven't cast my first boolit yet. I'm trying to fix that real soon. I've got lead, and something to shoot it with, just not something to melt with. If you could put me in the drawing?

greenwart
12-31-2014, 07:27 PM
Put me in the running. I am still working with the cast iron pot on a camp stove. I also have a flip phone.

Bob

Jungle867
01-02-2015, 03:47 AM
I would like to be included in the drawing. I do not currently have a casting set up, but what I learn to cast over a Coleman but laddle.

Pigboat
01-02-2015, 11:21 AM
My new 20# just came the other day so I have no need for this but like to say two things: 1. This is very generous of Coyotehunter and 2. Please, please minmax, don't ruin you Grandmothers cast iron dutch oven!!

BrassMagnet
01-02-2015, 11:29 AM
My new 20# just came the other day so I have no need for this but like to say two things: 1. This is very generous of Coyotehunter and 2. Please, please minmax, don't ruin you Grandmothers cast iron dutch oven!!

I agree! Don't ruin a family heirloom!
I find those at thrift stores and yard sales! Cheap, too!

SSGOldfart
01-02-2015, 11:34 AM
ICH great offer but please remove my post there are others that need it more then my son does, I just got a like new pot from Scott(, so he could use my hand me down until the day comes

SSGOldfart
01-02-2015, 11:37 AM
ICH That is great offer but please remove my post there are others that need it more then my son does, I just got a like new pot from Scott(DeputyDog25 (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/member.php?37013-DeputyDog25), so he could use my hand me down until the day comes. when he can get a real pot touse

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
01-03-2015, 11:00 AM
Ok, I will perform the drawing this afternoon/evening and let everyone know who gets it. Thanks!

TXGunNut
01-03-2015, 03:37 PM
Very nice, ICH. Who's the lucky winner?

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
01-03-2015, 04:05 PM
Random generator gave me #1. The lucky winner is MinMax.

Here is how I got my result. I assigned each qualified participant a number. I then went to the Random.org website and punch in the number of qualified participants. I then asked my fiancee to give me a random number between 1 and 10. She said 8. So the 8th random number it generated was #1. So Minmax is the winner. Thanks for everyone who took the time to participate, and I am sure I will have more stuff up for grabs in the future!

Minmax, I will send you a PM.

TXGunNut
01-04-2015, 02:06 AM
Sounds like a good way to get rid of unused stuff and help a new caster get started. Good on you, my friend! Congrats and pay it forward, Minmax!

minmax
01-04-2015, 08:39 AM
I want to thank ICH for his generosity!!! I look forward to being able too PIF to someone in need someday. This is what our community is about sharing knowledge and keeping the lead flowing. I hope to be the grumpy old guy one day. Passing on what I have learned throughout my life. My casting shooting mentor is an old family friend from long ago.

Ranger Green
03-31-2015, 05:19 PM
Very generous of you. I ladle cast over a turkey fryer but I'll let this one go to someone else. I rather enjoy the ladle casting.

Man this site is awesome.

Roger that. And that's how I cast too.

AllanD
08-15-2015, 03:10 PM
It figures... I didn't even see this topic until the morning after UPS delivered a shiny new Lee Pro4 20lb pot...

My New Lee arrived Yesterday And I'm rather happy with it...

My older lee died and the bottom pour I had out in my shed disappeared about the same time
someone robbed me of my entire supply of unloaded brass...

I only really feel bad about the 38/257 & 44 brass, but whoever stole it carried it 50yards
and dumped it out of the MTM plastic cartridge boxes and left the plastic boxes laying in a heap,
and frankly those boxes are worth several times what the brass was worth...

Exceptionally fortunate is all my 223, 30-30, 30-06 and 45/70 brass as well as all my loaded ammo was stored
in the house... and only about 20% of the total amount of my 38-357 brass was unloaded...

I hope the furnace goes to a good home and I know that they will enjoy it... I started casting last night with a single cavity RCBS 45-405FN mould that
I've never had any luck with. Last night I made 200 bullets and after my second inspection I still have 123 of them that I will keep and shoot.

The 20lb capacity means that once you get the alloy mix, temp and your rythm established you can go a good long while before you are interrupted

Previously I worked all day 500 bullets each time to collect 50 good ones... this mold is my "problem child mold" as it gives more problems
than all of my other molds combined.

Allan