PDA

View Full Version : "99% pure lead"...$20.50/lb??

Kraschenbirn
02-18-2008, 12:29 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=170193229374&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=007

Doubt if the seller will ever see his money on this one!! My guess is that the buyer didn't read (or, perhaps, understand) the terms stated in the item description and thought that he was bidding on the whole 50# rather than "per pound." Of course, the seller should've listed it as a Dutch Auction so there's some fault on both sides. Either way, odds are that there's gonna be some negative feedback left for both parties.

Bill

mooman76
02-18-2008, 12:55 AM
I think the guy was really stupid. For one thing you can't bid very well because minumum bid is $.50 (per lb. too). I sometimes get carried away and don't read all the details myself but it seems almost like he was trying to mess him up. Who would put an action in like that anyway? It isn't gold we are talking about and if it was me, I'm sorry I wouldn't pay!

imashooter2
02-18-2008, 09:19 AM
The seller was trying to beat eBay out of their fees by making a $50 sale on a $1 auction. At the end of the day, the buyer isn't going to have to pay and eBay will give the seller a slap on the wrist.

Ed Barrett
02-19-2008, 12:02 PM
I'm going to take my guns out of the safe and put my ingots in there.

WBH
02-19-2008, 12:14 PM
Many times you will see items with low minimum bids..........but extremely high shipping costs. I have seen $19 shipping on a $3 item when the cost to ship it was under $1.

That's the game. I NEVER bid auctions that are listed that way (unless the overall cost to me is still a bargain). It's just a marketing gimmick. Caveat Emptor.

ra_balke
02-20-2008, 01:43 AM
Actually, 20 bucks a pound for pure lead is a really good deal ! I have a friend who worked in the nuclear power industry, and he said that since the atomic bomb, all lead is radio active, and in a small way contaminated. Pure lead uncontanimated lead is scarce as hen's teeth, and is used as test material in the nuclear power plants. And it is worth a lot more than 20 bucks a pound !

If you have a buyer.

I happen to have some pure lead he gave to me, and I .......shoot it in my cap n ball guns....