PDA

View Full Version : "...she took the hot lead and poured it into his ear..."

Dutchman
12-19-2014, 01:41 AM
I do a lot of genealogy research. Tonight I came across something I thought I'd share..

1st husband was an indian

It is said she could have had a child by him.
He made her load his bullets and was very cruel to her. everyone knew about this, and that he was drunk most of the time. At these times, which was almost daily, he beat her badly. One day she was supposed to make his bullets, after he had beaten her, and she took the hot lead and poured it into his ear while he laid in a drunken stupor. It killed him. She was never prosecuted for this, as the law and all the people knew his treatment of her.

This story has been passed down through the years by her grandchildren,and children, and in-laws.

Elizabeth Gibson

Birth 1843 in Berryville, Carroll, Arkansas, USA
Death 05/30/1910

smoked turkey
12-19-2014, 01:46 AM
Interesting what you can do with hot lead other than making boolits. It appears this could have taken place in Arkansas. I have several relatives down that way so I could see where it could be a legitimate story!

OBIII
12-19-2014, 02:22 AM
Could that have been the start of "lost wax" ear casting? :kidding:

OB

thaxted
12-19-2014, 03:04 AM
There was a drunken wife beater in my home town,one night after the usual domestic boxing match,his wife sailed a 150grn bullet from his .30-06 into his back while he was sleeping.
I never heard anything more about it, as far as I know she was never even arrested.

It might have been ruled a suicide

richhodg66
12-19-2014, 07:43 AM
The guy probably deserved it, but it sure is a gruesome thing to think about. Ouch!

ozarkhillbilly49
12-19-2014, 08:16 AM
that story is still passed down in these old hills. along with the caution that sooner or later you gottta sleep!!! usually told to young men about to get hitched. wisdom from the ozarks.

starnbar
12-19-2014, 08:36 AM
Oh NOOOOOOOOOOOO That's Gonna Leave A Mark

Lloyd Smale
12-19-2014, 08:45 AM
ooooouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pb2au
12-19-2014, 09:51 AM
I stupidly soldered my eye shut once and that was pretty bad. An ear full of lead would be dreadful.

nagantguy
12-19-2014, 09:54 AM
A person can only be pushed so far and then; well hot lead ear wax in this case. Around her I'm sure you've all heard of or seen the movie the burning bed, small.town just west of here called dansville MI. He was a abuser of her and the kiddies, real bad, he went to bed one night and she soaked him in gas and then woke him up just before she threw the match, whole town knew what a.....jerk the guy was if I remember right she only spent a day or to in jail.

w5pv
12-19-2014, 11:18 AM
There was this guy that was beating,rapeing his ex wife in front of their kids.She shot him and as far as I know she wasn't even threaten with arrest.It was rumored that the law gave her the weapon.I have met him before and he came across to me as a complete A-H.

dilly
12-19-2014, 11:26 AM
When I try to imagine this happening, the instant the hot lead touches the guy's skin he starts thrashing and gets nothing but a surface burn, maybe being blinded in the process. I have a hard time imagining someone sitting still long enough for it to burn through to his brains. It's an interesting story though, either way.

I used to live in Berryille, Arkansas. Nice place if you don't want to be around a city or have a decent job or be in school.

starmac
12-19-2014, 11:49 AM
All it would take is one drop.

FISH4BUGS
12-19-2014, 11:55 AM
A woman that owned a restaurant in Ogunquit ME - Jackie's II (I think it was) had an H&R top break 32 and her husband was in the shower. By all accounts she was badly abused by him.
She opened the door and started shooting him, and reloaded twice before she was done. He had more holes in him than a Swiss cheese.
She was tried but found not guilty by reason of spousal abuse. Got some court mandated shrinkage and her life went on.
Very interesting story.
http://www.pamelaferdinand.com/candidates-life-bullets-and-batter-to-bread-and-butter-jacqueline-bevins-knew-the-gun-was-loaded-and-voters-still-forgave-her/

AggieEE
12-19-2014, 12:10 PM
Story my grandmother told me. Her SIL was a tiny woman and she married a pretty good sized guy. He would come home drunk and beat her. Grandmother told her to get a bottle of whiskey and the next time he came home drunk and wanted to fight talk him into drinking instead. Once he passed out she told her to beat the "H" out of him. Monday when he went to work he had a couple of black eyes and various other dings. The guys at work wanted to know what the other guy looked like. When told it was his wife that did it to him they razed him high and hard for a while. He never laid a hand on her in anger again.

Freightman
12-19-2014, 12:27 PM
Cousin sewed her abuser husband in the bed sheets and took a 9" cast frying pan and settled the abuse problem. Never laid a hand on her again [smilie=w:

Plate plinker
12-19-2014, 12:44 PM
I'll share. Friend of mine whacked his sisters abuser boyfriend over the head with a 2x4. 6 staples later no more problems or boyfriend for that matter! That's the way it should be.

thats a level 2 degenerate.
number 1 would be child abusers.
Level 3 dog kickers.

popper
12-19-2014, 12:47 PM
Always be ware of lady with a cast iron fry pan. I think my dog sleeps with one eye open.

waksupi
12-19-2014, 01:44 PM
I heard of a case where a woman super glued a man's private parts in a most inconvenient way when he was asleep.

Plate plinker
12-19-2014, 01:50 PM
That was my coworker this is true. He was cheating on her and she found out when the other woman showed up at her house. Maybe some others have done that too.

country gent
12-19-2014, 01:57 PM
May not have been immediate death. In that time period ( 1850s or there abouts) a burn like that would more than likely result in a fatal infection also. During the civil war amputations were the easiest way to combat infections.

starmac
12-19-2014, 02:04 PM
Cousin sewed her abuser husband in the bed sheets and took a 9" cast frying pan and settled the abuse problem. Never laid a hand on her again [smilie=w:

Your cousin sounds like my Aunt Mac. lol

MtGun44
12-19-2014, 05:19 PM
Pretty ugly, but there ARE limits.

Bill

smokeywolf
12-19-2014, 06:09 PM
A woman's propensity or ability to do violence should never be underestimated. I treat my wife with great care and respect.

smokeywolf

labradigger1
12-19-2014, 06:30 PM
Dibs on the lead if the body is discovered

merlin101
12-19-2014, 06:39 PM
My mother's grandfather was a drunk and would come home and beat his wife, they lived in a very large house owned by my grandparents. One night after a long bout with the bottle my great grandmother had enough! She bricked up the door way leading to their bedroom with him passed out on the bed. For two weeks he had to climb in and out a window till my grandfather cut an outside doorway for the old man. As a child I can remember ringing a bell so great grampa ( or grumpa as he was known) would come to dinner. A plate was made for him and he took it back to his room, he had an outhouse out back, no idea what he did about bathing. This went on for at least 15 years.
Moral of the story NEVER P!$$ OFF GRANDMA!!!

smokeywolf
12-19-2014, 06:39 PM
Dibs on the lead if the body is discovered

Fluxed with ear wax.

freebullet
12-19-2014, 06:51 PM
Now that's what ya call getting an ear full, eek.

Sweetpea
12-19-2014, 09:41 PM
I've never struck my wife, nor has she beaten me.

That said, I think if I told her to cast my boolits for me, she might do the same to me!:shock:

10-x
12-19-2014, 10:15 PM
I heard of a case where a woman super glued a man's private parts in a most inconvenient way when he was asleep.
Yep, no joke. Happened to a very well know attorney in Tidewater Va. over 30 years ago. IIRC his name was Pete Decker.....now you all can make jokes as he's long since passed.

JWFilips
12-19-2014, 10:47 PM
Ok then,.... No more drinking then getting the wife to cast my 8mm's:shock:

leeggen
12-19-2014, 11:14 PM
Makes one wonder if that is where the saying "the tensil fairy showed up." Dang I've been burn by a torch and had hot steel burn into my boot, sure can't even imagine hot lead in the ear.
CD

starmac
12-20-2014, 12:52 AM
I got hot lead splashed across my eyes, faster than my eye lids could close. Saying it hurt is a huge understatement.

Blacksmith
12-20-2014, 04:34 AM
I've had sparks from arc welding land in my ear. Not a nice feeling even though they cooled off pretty quickly.

facetious
12-20-2014, 05:51 AM
Years a go I worked with a guy who came home one night and passed out so his wife took off all his clothing and dragged him out back patio and let the bugs eat him.:shock: I will never again see any one with more red spots then he had.

I remember when the super glue story came out and was in the paper. We were talking about all the things you could do with it . Hate to be the guy that wakes up to find it glued to his hand:popcorn: or both hands glued to your butt or some one else's butt:bigsmyl2:.

JSnover
12-20-2014, 07:32 AM
It's not unheard of: http://unknownmisandry.blogspot.com/2011/09/english-black-widow-who-poured-molten.html
In the 19 century there was another case of domestic abuse (sorry I don't have he link) where a man severely beat his wife for years. One night a group of men in black masks showed up. They dragged him into the woods and tied him to a tree. Then a group of women beat the daylights out of him. I assume he learned his lesson.

Taylor
12-20-2014, 07:51 AM
My grandfather was a small man,grandmother,a cherokee, somewhat bigger.The story as told to me:she beat him quite regularly,until one day he took a broom handle and gave her the beating of a life time.They got along a tad better after that.He never beat her again not even when she would tell the sheriff where his new batch of whiskey was.The sheriff found one batch jarred up and buried under the tomato plants.I remember them well,he worked the coal mines until he was 82.He never stopped smoking his pipe,chewing tobacco or drinking whisky,he lived to be 96.She died shortly after.

charlie3tuna
12-20-2014, 12:19 PM
I heard of a case where a woman super glued a man's private parts in a most inconvenient way when he was asleep. My ex worked as a nurse in a hospital. One day she came home and told me what a doctor's wife did when she found out about his cheating. She super glued his hand to the offending part while he slept. He went to the hospital for "treatment" and EVERYONE knew about it. Never strayed again, or at least never got caught....charlie

w5pv
12-20-2014, 02:49 PM
My woman and my self just past the 50 year together,never no beatings.One pop that I gave her and have regretted since.That was done in my drinking days a long time ago.Alcohol was the devil in our marriage until I gave it up.

gew98
12-20-2014, 03:12 PM
Ghengis Kahn used to pour molten silver in his conquered enemies ears...yowzaa !. I'd say it was a quick but painful death .

GOPHER SLAYER
12-20-2014, 04:22 PM
My Mom was born and raised in Arkansas in the late 1800s. She told me the way men who mistreated their families were punished. On a given night a group of masked men would ride to the man's house, drag him outside, tie him to the hitching post and proceed to lay the leather to him. It usually solved the problem. I have no sympathy for any type of abuser. Same goes for p-----s.

DougGuy
12-20-2014, 04:50 PM
I don't lie to 'em, cheat on 'em, or beat on 'em.. Them's my rules, been working purty good (as long as I got a good one)..

Polecat
12-20-2014, 08:03 PM
my Grandma told me that story about the lead in the ear, said you could shake his skull and hear the lead rattle. I don,t know how she knew this.

castalott
12-20-2014, 08:22 PM
Do you guys remember the story of the town bully whom everyone was afraid of? There was a large town function with the street filled with hundreds of people. The bully was in the back seat of a car with a woman on each side. Someone pulled the door open and stuck a Browning Auto Shotgun in his side and pulled the trigger 3 times. No one was ever charged because the 300 or so people at the scene never seen a thing. That's how I remember it anyway...

Parson
12-20-2014, 09:33 PM
A local drunk would beat his wife about every Saturday night till her two boys hit about 16 and took over, pop never laid a hand her again. Know of another who suspected his daughter was being abused, he and her two brothers (big boys) went to their house one night and told the son in law what he suspected and that he did not give her to be abused and if he ever suspected it again he was turning the brothers lose, no more problems and finally knew (vagly) a preacher who had a Christian school, one day his wife waked into his office unannounced and found him with a young female student on his lap, when he got home she blew him away and walked

XxWoodsHunterxX
12-20-2014, 09:37 PM
There was a drunken wife beater in my home town,one night after the usual domestic boxing match,his wife sailed a 150grn bullet from his .30-06 into his back while he was sleeping.
I never heard anything more about it, as far as I know she was never even arrested.

It might have been ruled a suicide

Where do you live because we have a similar story that happened to a abusive man in my home town.

rockrat
12-20-2014, 09:53 PM
Fellow worked for my Grandfather doing yard work. The fellow told me of the day he had been drinking and went home and decided to let his wife know who was the boss. He said he "reared back and smacked her one time, then a few hours later woke up in the corner with her standing over him, shaking her fist at him, telling him "if you ever think of doing that again, you will find out just what a real whippin is all about". Said he never did it again (she out weighed him by at least 50 lbs). Took the bruises about two weeks to start fadeing away.

leeggen
12-20-2014, 11:18 PM
Had a 1st class on ship that on pay day never got home till sunday night broke. His wife emptied the frig and filled it with booze next payday she met him at the ship and collected the money and when he got home she gave him all the drinks he wanted til he passed out. Lugged him to bed and tucked him in. She beat him with a broom handle then called the PD to get him out of the house. They called the ambulance to get him and when the hospital got thru xraying he had broken ribs ,a broken arm, and a cuncousion. From then on he had his check sent straight to her and he quit drinking, never another drop that I know of in 2 yrs while I served with him.
CD

Down South
12-21-2014, 02:44 PM
i guess there is more than one way to make custom fitted ear plugs.

Handloader109
12-22-2014, 10:19 AM
Couple of bars of soap in a pair of pantyhose makes a dandy weapon......dad had a coworker show up bruised after coming home drunk one Saturday night. Wife was a bit upset and took out her frustrations