PDA

View Full Version : My new pellet rifle !!!!!!!!!!!

GARD72977
12-18-2014, 09:46 PM
I have been busy and not posted on here in a while. My RAW TM1000 vertical came in. It has a Sightron 10-50x60 target dot. Gun is great to shoot off hand. Have not had much time with it but coke cans off hand at 70 yds don't stand a chance.

richhodg66
12-19-2014, 07:48 AM
Nice rig. Air guns are becoming more and more appealing to me lately.

Walter Laich
12-26-2014, 01:52 PM
like the colors of the stock. All of it looks great

HARRYMPOPE
12-26-2014, 03:06 PM
Is it regulated?

35remington
12-27-2014, 04:34 PM
Did I get that right? Fifty power scope? I imagine it's pretty dim at that power level no matter how big the objective if'n it isn't high noon with the sun reflecting off everything.

WILCO
12-30-2014, 01:13 PM
Nice rig. Air guns are becoming more and more appealing to me lately.

A lot of folks are seeing the value of them. Buy what you can now, before the demand goes big.

Smoke4320
12-30-2014, 02:46 PM
Fine looking rifle right there
I have a Marauder 25 that on a fairly calm day I can hit 12 and 20 OZ co2 bottles at 100 yds ..
Hi end air guns have come a Long Long way in the past few years

John Allen
12-30-2014, 03:02 PM
ok, I am officially jealous. That thing looks awesome

2manyguns
03-14-2015, 08:06 PM
I shoot a Diana 48 side cocking lever and they are fantastic . I have killed pigeons at a lazer measured 64 yds. if I would of known air guns were this good I would have got into them 40 yrs ago

Silverboolit
03-15-2015, 11:36 AM
My neighbor and I have really gotten into air guns lately. We find them to be more challenging than PBurners even at close range. The low cost of ammo and available back yard friendly ranges are a real plus. The downside is the cost of a quality air rifle. A good one will range from 350 to whatever you want to spend. It is amazing that the calibers run from .177 to .50 cal. These are not your kids 'BB' guns!

ejcrist
03-16-2015, 12:21 AM
My neighbor and I have really gotten into air guns lately. We find them to be more challenging than PBurners even at close range. The low cost of ammo and available back yard friendly ranges are a real plus. The downside is the cost of a quality air rifle. A good one will range from 350 to whatever you want to spend. It is amazing that the calibers run from .177 to .50 cal. These are not your kids 'BB' guns!

I totally agree with you about the high cost of a good one. On the flip side though you save a ton of money shooting them compared to the cost of ammo and/or components. Also, like you said, you can shoot an airgun in a lot of places you can't shoot a powder burner, and that goes for hunting too. Furthermore, I think my airgun is more accurate than most of my powder burners. So they can be pricey but I think they're worth every penny.

GARD72977
03-16-2015, 10:33 AM
I guess I could have put more info in my first post. The gun is set up for Air Rifle Silhouette and will double as a FT target gun. The 50x is only used to range find. I shoot offhand at 24x. Takes some getting use to but really lets you hit small targets. I will say that the single target dot is not as fun at long distance. The scope is clear all the way to 50X and the 1/8 target dot is not easy for everyone to see. It is perfect for me as a silhouette gun but everything else is a compromise

Gunor
03-16-2015, 11:39 AM
What are you using for an air source - 3000 PSI tanks or ?. refilling?

I have a Marauder and using 3000 tanks (I SCUBA too...)

Geoff in Oregon

W.R.Buchanan
03-22-2015, 08:21 PM
The thing about Airguns of today is that they are pretty finely tuned pieces of machinery. I bought my first one a Weihrauch 35 in 1976. it is still just as powerful as it was back then.

A quality Air Rifle will easily outlast a man and can be passed down or sold for as much as you've got into it.

I had a FWB 300 once,,, Traded it to my dentist for a gold crown. big mistake. The advertised action life of one of those guns was 6 million cycles!

You'd have to get up real early in the morning everyday of your life to wear one of those out!

Randy

Doggonekid
03-27-2015, 11:51 PM
High end air rifles come with high end price tags now days. It is easy to spend a grand on a PCG air rifle. Then you need a good scope for $500 and up, after that you need a scuba bottle metal approx $250 light weight carbon approx $750 after that you need a scuba adaptor for around $100 bucks. After you add up all the cost and then divide it by 25 to 30 years that you shoot it, it still becomes a great value. Mine is the most accurate gun I own. I have had so much fun with mine for the last 5 years I feel I all ready got my money's worth.

GARD72977 What a beauty, I can see how you would be very proud of that. Looks like a nice scope. Is the bbl carbon fiber? Is your gun a single shot or repeater and what caliber is it?

tjones
03-28-2015, 09:00 AM
Same here. First thing I learned was how crappy the Crossman pellets shot when I was a kid. RWS or Beeman consistently shoot "one holers" at 25 feet at 950 fps, that's less than the 1100 fps spec. The Gamo, or RWS really are amazinly accurate and a real joy at about $300 total. -tj

tjones
03-28-2015, 07:01 PM
Anyone try out Chinese made Beemans. I see they're about $100. cheaper than RWS or Gamo. -tj

Mgderf
03-29-2015, 11:30 AM
Same here. First thing I learned was how crappy the Crossman pellets shot when I was a kid. RWS or Beeman consistently shoot "one holers" at 25 feet at 950 fps, that's less than the 1100 fps spec. The Gamo, or RWS really are amazinly accurate and a real joy at about $300 total. -tj

I picked up a Mendoza (Mexico) break-barrel .22cal pellet rifle at an auction recently. It will run lead pellets close to the 1000fps mark and is amazingly accurate out to at least 50 yards.
I haven't tried it out past that distance yet, but for $100 I'm more than just pleased with my purchase.

BTW- Until I saw this rifle on the table at the auction, I didn't even realize Mendoza made air-guns.
It is supposed to be a family operation. I just wonder if they have ties to the Mendoza drug cartels.

RayinNH
04-01-2015, 08:54 PM
tjones the Crosman pellets of your childhood days are a far cry from the new ones. Try the ones in the tins marked "Premier". They are very accurate if your gun likes them.

Doggonekid
04-01-2015, 11:56 PM
I agree my guns shoot best with Crosman premier pellets. I have bought all kinds of Beeman and RWS sample packs and the most accurate for me were the Crosman.

TCLouis
04-03-2015, 01:07 AM
Crosman Premier are some of the most precise shooters I have found in 177 Springers and 22 PCP.

This answer is considering "Budget Quality" pellets, your gun is likely precise enough to not the difference in the high dollar pellets for the most important shooting.

gloob
05-09-2015, 03:58 PM
My 22 Crosman Premiers are significantly larger in diameter than my JSB Exact. They are a tight fit in my 22 Crosman springer. The head is a squeeze fit, and the skirt won't go in the chamber. I'm not sure if that's good or bad, but I like the way they shoot. My JSB pellets fall right in the chamber, skirt and all.

I'm hard pressed to tell any difference in accuracy, but last time I compared pellets, Crosman Premiers were the best out of my gun. But I only put them up against two pricier imports, and the difference wasn't much.

GARD72977
05-09-2015, 07:48 PM
Crosman Premiers are very tight in my TX200 and cause leading in the beginning of the barrel. I have only been shooting JSB and have been happy with them.

gloob
05-10-2015, 07:35 AM
Hmm. I just happened by chance to discover quite a bit of variation in the skirts of my Crosman pellets. The heads are definitely larger in diameter than JSB, but the skirts show a lot more variation. Some are a bit larger, and but a lot of them are significantly smaller than the JSB (JSB being more uniform).

I will have to do some experimenting to see if the undersized pellets are causing flyers in my own rifle. It seems like this could certainly open up the groups in a rifle with a looser chamber/barrel. Esp the way I load them with the skirt sticking on the edge of the chamber, a smaller skirt might affect velocity.

BTW, I am using a bit of 0.015 mil 1/4" brass tube to check the size. Most of the Cromans won't fit through, but about 25% fall through. I haven't found any JSB that undersized, yet. Some of the undersized Premiers have a shiny look to the bottom of the skirt. Maybe casting temp or incomplete fill?

I made an expander that can fix any pellets with undersized and deformed skirts. With the price of pellets, it seems like it could be worth the effort - depending on what my rifle says. Two or three years ago, $18.00 would buy 550 rds of Federal 22LR. And today that will buy 500 European 22 caliber pellets or 1000 Premiers.... :(

Tallbald
05-11-2015, 01:05 PM
Beautiful gun and mechanically sexy, if you will. Don.

Slow Elk 45/70
05-12-2015, 06:20 AM
Very nice looking weapon, I hope it shoots for you.....:lol: