PDA

View Full Version : Enfield 2A

SwedeNelson
02-17-2008, 11:51 AM
Finished my Enfield 2A
Hope to get it out this spring to shoot.
Bore is very good, so It should be a shooter.

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i80/swedenelson/Picture256.jpg

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i80/swedenelson/Picture252.jpg

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i80/swedenelson/Picture255.jpg

Swede Nelson

nicholst55
02-17-2008, 01:11 PM
That's a sweet looking Enfield! Did you refinish or replace the wood? It also appears to have been repainted - the Ishapore paint jobs never look that good! I'm envious. :drinks:

SwedeNelson
02-17-2008, 03:05 PM
nicholst55

The stock was just refinished.
It was very ruff to start with. Have probably spent more
time on this one than any other I have.
Stripped all the old paint off, Glass bead blast and
cold blue every thing else.
The bolt has some of the original finish on it.

Hope it shoots - Would hate to have to send it
down the road after all the work.

Swede Nelson

nicholst55
02-17-2008, 07:43 PM
Swede, you did a fine job on the wood, judging by the pix. Most of those Ishie Enfields look like they were used for canoe padddles at some point in their life; your looks quite nice.

SwedeNelson
02-17-2008, 08:10 PM
nicholst55

Thank you sir!

Swede Nelson

mooman76
02-17-2008, 10:50 PM
looks great in fact I came real close to picking one up last gunshow but the condition or the way it looked turned me off abit. I still want to get one and will some day and maybe refinish it too!

Hip's Ax
02-17-2008, 11:33 PM
Jeez, that is lovely!

I have one and like it very much. I had to spend $140 to get the head space fixed so I could shoot it but she does shoot well.

Amazing, mine was in fine condition, lovely bore, nice wood, matching, lovely barrel except for some cleaning rod wear at the muzzle even the black paint was nice, but when I checked the head space it was huge! Field gage plus 0.038" !!! I tried bolt heads and even a new bolt, not even close.

Well luckily one of my match rifle gun smiths is well versed in mil surp, he machined down the bolt head face and silvered soldered a shim made of very hard material to it and now the rifle has awesome head space on NATO gages. He even got it to eject predictably.

Enjoy it! How does it shoot?

SwedeNelson
02-18-2008, 12:02 AM
Hip's Ax

Thanks.
I haven't had a chance to get it out yet.
But spring is coming.

Head space checks OK on it and bore is very good
so I hope it shoots good.

Swede Nelson

Hip's Ax
02-18-2008, 12:04 PM
Wow, a rifle that looks that nice in great condition, it doesn't get any better than that.

Since you blued this rifle this doesn't apply to you but it caught me by surprise. That black Indian paint they use, well the first time I cleaned the rifle's bore, the bore solvent took the paint right off! I noticed right away so no major harm was done and I bought another nose cap and some different paint (Brownelle's bake on paint if I recall correctly) so next time I can clean it without worry.

Hope the weather warms up for you soon! :Fire: