PDA

View Full Version : 70 Years ago today

condorjohn
12-16-2014, 10:25 PM
was the start of "The Battle Of The Bulge". Marking the begining of the end of the nazi
war machine in Europe.
My Step-dad, Louis J. Reynolds, was in the 3rd army and wonded in that battle. He was awarded The Silver Star and Purple Heart. There were many more like him...

Bad Water Bill
12-17-2014, 04:21 AM
When the war ended I was 9 years old.

You could not pass 4-5 homes without saying WELCOME HOME to another vet.

Then I joined the Navy and met even more of the vets that made that victory possible.

For me they were just a great bunch of guys,nothing more as there were so many of them.

To late I realized just how fortunate I was to even be able to call one by a first name.

Yes even a chief in my squadron wore the BIG BLUE ONE.

When we stood for inspection there I stood after 3 years without one single thing on my chest (no gedunk medals were passed out at that time) while over 1/2 of the outfit had at least 4 rows.

I will still step up and thank them for the great job they did and will never forget them.

You should be very proud of what that great warrior did.

w5pv
12-17-2014, 11:53 AM
If not for the heroes like your step dad we could be speaking a different language than the English.I had 3 uncles and several cousins that were in the European Theater,thank God the all returned but still tramatized by the events.