PDA

View Full Version : For Members Who Live In Illinois

montana_charlie
02-16-2008, 09:41 PM
Do you know about this...
http://shilohrifle.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10673

Do you plan to do anything about it?

Californians didn't stop the lead ban, and now we're supposed to feel sorry for them.

Are you next?

CM

NSP64
02-16-2008, 11:31 PM
Do you know about this...
http://shilohrifle.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10673

Do you plan to do anything about it?

Californians didn't stop the lead ban, and now we're supposed to feel sorry for them.

Are you next?

CM

Move to Missouri!!!:drinks:They have concealed carry:Fire:

Duckiller
02-16-2008, 11:53 PM
Do not feel sorry for those of us that live in California because of the lead ban. Feel sorry for us because of they way of state legislature is gerrymandered and know that it could happen in your state if you are not vigilant. BEWARE!!! Many do-gooders across the nation are trying to put serial numbers on bullets and fired cases, just like the great state of CALIFORNIA. Don't ever let your state legislature get completely controlled by one party with no hope of the loyal opposition ever getting control. If this passes in Illinois I suggest every shooter in the state spend their shooting money on defeating any legislator that voted of it. You may not shoot any more this year but you will be able to in the future.

Bad Water Bill
02-17-2008, 12:09 AM
Yes Move but remember both dem candidates are from COOK county. I would like to know who orchestrated this whole thing. She never lived in N Y but was elected their senator. He came from the projects and went to the state senate. After only 2 years of doing nothing he ran for the U S senate. Yes after etc he is now running for P O T U S. No matter which one wins IF you do not vote DEM you are not a true? American because YOU do not support minority people. Yes you can move to Mo etc but if either is elected this Il proposal as well as the Cook county proposal will shortly be on the desk in the U S congress. Now where do we all move? BWB:castmine:

Kraschenbirn
02-17-2008, 01:39 PM
There's another thread in the Bullet Casting section under "Cast Boolits" on this same topic. Of course, we're going to fight it but...for you folks who don't know about the basics of Illinois politics...this proposal appears to be the work of anti-gun Mayor Daley's Chicago political machine and over 60% of the state's voting population live in Cook (Chicago) and the four surrounding surrounding counties.

As I mentioned in a post to the other thread, I've met a number of times (socially) with Rep. Naomi Jakobsson, the downstate Rep. who initiated HB4349 and can state, without reservation, that neither she nor anyone on her office staff drafted the test of the bill...they just plain don't have the requisite knowledge!! Also, we've got practically, word-for-word the same legislation (HB4269) simultaneously filed by another Dem. State. Rep. from the Chicago area.

When first elected, Rep. Jakobsson's campaign was bankrolled...she outspent he opponent something like three to one...by the State Dem. Committee headed by State Sen. Emil Jones (Chicago) who is also the President of the Illinois Senate and Mayor Daley's mouthpiece to the state legislature. Looks to me like Rep. Jakobsson's been called upon to begin repaying her debts to the Daley Machine.

Now, on the brighter side, I'm no lawyer but I've read the draft text of the proposed legislation...not the synopis published by the ISRA but the actual bill sent to committe...and there appear to be a great number of holes that will have to be stoppered before the bill will ever make it out of committee for a vote by the full house. There appear to be several flawed (or missing) definitions; the list of proscribed "assault weapons" (apparently lifted straight from the Clinton "Assault Weapons Ban") is insuffficiently specific and out-of-date; there is no reimbursement provision for non-encoded ammunition surrendered (definitely a consitutional issue); and no provisions for enforcement (most likely raising other constitutional issues in the areas of search & seizure and probable cause).

I'm in the process of drafting a letter of opposition to HB4349 to be presented directly to Rep. Jakobsson and sent to our other downstate lawmakers of both parties as well as the appropriate House Committee Chairs and members. If anyone's interested in contributing, I invite you to read the whole text and send me your comments/thoughts by PM or e-mail at Scorpius44@insightbb.com.

Bill