PDA

View Full Version : Gun Show

crazy mark
12-15-2014, 12:39 AM
Gun shows in Washington state are changing since the 594 measure passed. Went to the one in Lewis County/Chehalis Saturday all sorts of laws being broken. People would pick up a gun to look at it or give a gun they wanted to sell to a non FFL to look at. Some people said if you want to look at the gun you have to buy it. Had to take the slide off my Gen 1 Glock 17 to get new sights installed as the guy doing that wouldn't touch a complete gun or the serialed frame. One guy had 2-8 lb kegs of Unique for $200 but I passed as I have 4 lbs in my stash. He will have more. Not a lot of guns being sold. Few dealers were on hand though. Of course front stuffers and antique guns are exempt from the stupid law.

starmac
12-15-2014, 02:13 AM
I can just imagine the damper that asinine law puts on future gunshows. Then again gunshows have been a target for years.

BethelHntr
12-15-2014, 04:26 AM
594 is a pisser for sure but I'm not surprised it passed by a long shot. Iv'e been a member of washington arms collectors for years but I don't see much of a future there especially after the state handed down a two show maximum for non FFL's. Apparently due to taxes not being collected.
I am sick up to my neck in liberal progressives.

MT Gianni
12-16-2014, 08:08 PM
I went to Spokane last Oct and was surprised to see they still forgive tax to MT residents. I do not see the legality of charging tax on a used item. The tax was paid on this previously but they do the same on used cars in every State that has a sales tax.

crazy mark
12-17-2014, 01:16 AM
Lewis county just posted in the paper that private sales that have to go thru a dealer now won't be charged sales tax. Powder actuated tools could be considered a gun but they don't care and won't prosecute for somebody selling them. A screwy DA could go after the seller and buyers of nail guns. If one of my family inherits a gun they have 60 days to notify the state that they are keeping it. Mine will be going out of state when inherited or if in state it's none of their business.

montana_charlie
12-17-2014, 02:48 PM
Gun shows in Washington state are changing since the 594 measure passed. Went to the one in Lewis County/Chehalis Saturday all sorts of laws being broken. People would pick up a gun to look at it or give a gun they wanted to sell to a non FFL to look at. Some people said if you want to look at the gun you have to buy it. Had to take the slide off my Gen 1 Glock 17 to get new sights installed as the guy doing that wouldn't touch a complete gun or the serialed frame. One guy had 2-8 lb kegs of Unique for $200 but I passed as I have 4 lbs in my stash. He will have more. Not a lot of guns being sold. Few dealers were on hand though. Of course front stuffers and antique guns are exempt from the stupid law.
Non-compliance:
http://townhall.com/columnists/rachelalexander/2014/12/15/over-1000-gun-owners-violate-washingtons-i594--in-front-of-police-n1931759?utm_source=thdaily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl&newsletterad=azsI8(a

Fishman
12-17-2014, 03:07 PM
Very interesting article.

crazy mark
12-18-2014, 01:56 AM
And so goes it in Washington State. It will be interesting to see what happens. Citizens are asking Lewis County commissioners to take a stand against the law and petition the legislature to overturn the law as it is unconstitutional.

leadman
12-18-2014, 10:50 AM
I hope the good people of Washington state can get this law repealed and oust those that in the government responsible for it.

JimmyTheDentist
12-18-2014, 02:39 PM
Illinois, California and now Washington . . . all seem to be getting worse and not better. Even pockets of Texas are creeping dangerously to the Left . . . just a matter of time for them, too, I say. And for all of us.

I’m in New York State and it’s long been over for any god-fearing conservative constitutionalists. The so-called SAFE Act, passed in the dead of night and in direct conflict with Cuomo’s own rules about “transparency”, has had the chilling effect on law-abiding citizens that it intended . . . making an already oppressive gun-owning climate much more so.

And fighting it, though certainly “the good fight”, seems to be betting on a rigged bout . . . the fix is already in! I think at least 52 of New York State’s 62 counties have introduced resolutions requesting the repeal of the law and something like 40 of those resolutions have already passed . . . might be more by now.

But all that means NOTHING when the REPUBLICAN Majority Leader of the NYS Senate, a hack RINO named Dean Skelos, in spite of overwhelming popular support, won’t even bring the item up for a vote. How is there supposed to be a political solution when the guys sitting in the big chairs are all playing for the same team? Cuomo, Sheldon Silver and Dean Skelos are certainly all on the side of the gun-grabbers. And they’ve got their jack boots on the throats of nearly 20 million of us.

So kudos to the folks in Washington who came out for this rally. But I’ve marched on Albany and on DC . . . I’ve waived my signs . . . sent my letters to my representatives . . . signed my share of petitions . . . heck, I’ve even voted. But to no avail.

I fear the same sad fate is probably in store for many more than we care to admit.

JtheD