PDA

View Full Version : Saeco sizer O.D. demensions

cutter_spc
12-14-2014, 09:06 PM
Hey guys, wondering if any of you can help me out with a project I have in mind? I need the outside dimensions for the Saeco type sizer dies, I need the length from the bottom to the bottom of the top lip and a measurement of the sizer diameter (die body).

Thanks in advance for your help.

cutter

Bent Ramrod
12-15-2014, 05:10 PM
There are some SAECO dimensions here:

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?129835-Cramer-Lube-sizer&highlight=cramer

The main difference between SAECO and Cramer sizing dies seems to be that the former have a threaded section at the bottom.

cutter_spc
12-15-2014, 08:14 PM
Thank you so much Ramrod (man that sounds odd, lol). Those dimensions look like they will work just fine to continue on with my project. I have an old Meepos lube sizer and I love it, just the pesky problem of finding dies to fit the thing. Local machinist don't have a clue how to ream anything that small, and I have tried my hand at it and cant do much better then them. People I have asked that are capable, seem to be too busy making Star stuff.

Looks like I could bore the sizer hole on the press out to fit the Saeco dies or I could modify the dies them selves to fit. It would be easier to just modify the press. Anyone ever heard of this being done?