PDA

View Full Version : About an hour and a half's worth of work!

lead_her_fly
02-16-2008, 02:08 PM
Well, I made it out to the garage this morning. I spent the early part cleaning out my luber/sizer, what fun!

Well after that I needed some bullets so I fired up the Lee 4-20 pot and away I went. I decided to cast some of my 38/357 bullets. The mold is an H&G #290BB. It is a "Keith type" but not an exact design. It has a much shorter nose, for use in "N" frames but with a wider meplat. It also has a bevel base. All in all it shoots just fine out to 1200+fps with home made lube. I still need to lube them and of course load them but the day is still early!

I decided to use some different lube on this set of bullets and go with what was available locally. Only the Lyman black is so.... We will find out.

At any rate here is a picture of what the work from this morning produced. About 500 bullets in that hour and a half. The mold is a four cavity and I quench the mold when it gets hot on a wet sponge. When I am done with the run I always lube the hot mold with WD-40. I leave some bullets in it without cutting the sprew.

Here they are:
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r115/Sackettwannabe/Boolits/112hourswork.jpg

kidmma
02-16-2008, 02:40 PM
Pretty!:-D

mooman76
02-16-2008, 06:25 PM
Good lookin bullets! They look familiar?

Whitespider
02-16-2008, 07:57 PM
Good lookin’ boolits.

I’m not an expert, but ya’ might wanna wait just a bit longer before cutting the sprues, I’ve learned those divots in some of the bases come from cutting to soon.