PDA

View Full Version : Scope question.

starmac
12-11-2014, 01:00 AM
Anybody have or have had a pentex game seeker scope.

I have never had anything to do with them, but I picked up my daughter a rifle for christmas and that is what it is wearing. Just wondering what to expect out of it, good, bad or ugly, it really doesn't matter as that is what she is getting anyway. I am just curious.

Harter66
12-11-2014, 12:22 PM
In the 80s and 90s Pentax was made by the camera company of the same name ,an Olympus competitor. Money wise they were between Bushnell and Luepold, Bushnell was a better unit then. Think of it as a next generation Weaver K with bigger objective lenses and early coatings.

HangFireW8
12-11-2014, 12:36 PM
Pentax scopes are just rebranded Burris from the same US, Phillipines and Chinese factories. Gameseekers are Fullfields. Coatings of all generations are light years ahead of old US made K scopes.

Look carefully under the saddle, bell and ocular for country of origin. The US scopes are considered the best.

TXGunNut
12-11-2014, 12:44 PM
Worth a try, can always replace it if it doesn't work out. If I buy a rifle with a scope in most cases I don't figure the scope is worth anything so if it works out it's a bonus.

Lloyd Smale
12-11-2014, 02:00 PM
when pentax first introduced scopes they were high quality units and expensive. They then started rebadging burris products. I don't know what there low end is called but ive seen a few and wasn't real impressed. There better ones are basically burris fullfields I believe and aren't a bad scope.

leadman
12-11-2014, 03:41 PM
I think the game seeker is the less expensive and the Light seeker is the more expensive scope. Seems most places on the internet that used to carry them no longer have them.

osteodoc08
12-11-2014, 04:13 PM
I've always lumped them in with the lower mid level scopes. Right or wrong, that's how I graded them.

If on a low recoil gun, run her unless you have a reason not too.

starmac
12-11-2014, 05:34 PM
She will if needed put a better scope on it. This was sort of a hurry up deal, as I just found out yesterday morning that she has been wanting a rifle of her own to hunt with, and since my SIL has to go back to the slope till after christmas they were coming up last night. We will have christmas for them this evening. The only rifles I had suitable, caliber wise that would fit her just isn't going away, so I was in a mad dash yesterday to find her one. lol It had the pentax scope already on it, so that is what she is getting. lol

Lloyd Smale
12-11-2014, 07:09 PM
im sure it will kill stuff

oldsagerat
12-12-2014, 07:38 PM
Paint the scope pink and it will fit the current trend. Good to see
a woman want a rifle. One less anti-gunner.

jsizemore
12-12-2014, 07:49 PM
You now know what to get her next Christmas. You got all year to find a great deal.

starmac
12-12-2014, 08:43 PM
LOL I generally give the kids a rifle, and let them get their own scope. This one just happened to have one on it.

This gal was no antigunner to start with, she started shooting a cricket around 5 years old, and has her own guns. She just didn't have a suitable rifle to hunt with of her own.