PDA

View Full Version : Nose punch blanks

stocker
09-23-2005, 02:26 PM
Does anyone know of a source for nose punches that simply have a straight sided hole in them. Perhaps holes in several sizes to span the gamut of calibers. Want to make up some glassed to form nose punches for some older moulds.

I also want to mention an epoxy that is sold in automotive supply stores. It comes in an airtight tube, is round and has two layers. The outer layer is gray and the inner core near black. You cut off the amount you want and knead it until the colors are mixed together. It sets hard in about 15 minutes so avoids the long set up time of bedding compounds.

I used it last night to modify a nose punch for a 358009 and it worked fine. Unfortunately the label on the package was on the sealed plastic store display. I think it was labelled as being useful for gas tank leaks etc.

imashooter2
09-23-2005, 07:37 PM
We have a similar product in here in the USA called PC7. Can't help with the blank nose punches, but you might be OK starting with a factory piece for the largest SWC you can find.

beagle
09-23-2005, 08:07 PM
Stocker...You'll probably have to have a machinist counterbore some. I've looked but haven't found any.

Not a problem with a lathe./begle

stocker
09-23-2005, 08:36 PM
Thanks guys. I did some searches and couldn't find a source but thought I may have missed some place. It could have been PC7 but the wrapper went out months ago. It doesn't mark a bullet in the slightest and is hard.

Gotta get a lathe. Shop is so full of wood working tools I don't know where it'll go though.Maybe move some of Momma's clothes under the stairs and use her walk-in .