PDA

View Full Version : Complaint Department conundrum

ohland
12-08-2014, 05:41 PM
"If you need to make a complaint, try a private message before posting."

Sure. Let's see what vile secrets lurk in this forum: Open up the page and you will see:

"Your administrator has required a password to access this forum. Please enter this password now."

My, zero complaints, my compliments to the "administrator" for burying the bodies where we can't find them...
:drinks:

Clark
12-09-2014, 12:54 AM
My grandfather was in the Alaskan Gold rush. He went with a group of men. Who ever complained about the cooking was the new cook.

FISH4BUGS
12-09-2014, 07:29 AM
I think this has a dual meaning. No complaints can be posted by the public, and I would think that this is the area that the mods use to complain about US. I have no problem with that.
Any complaints SHOULD be attempted to be settled by the parties involved before trying some other avenue. There is no reason that the mods should have to referee a p*ssing contest between two mental midgets on this forum.
They aren't judges....they aren't referees....they aren't ministers......they are volunteers that do a great job in the face of some pretty immature people.
Sit on a Planning Board sometime. Sit on a Board of Adjustment sometime. Sit on a Board or Council of City or State government sometime. Be a selectman sometime. Try doing it some time.
You will understand better.....guaranteed.

btroj
12-09-2014, 07:50 AM
Shouldn't complaints about the complaint dept be made in the complaint dept?

FISH4BUGS
12-09-2014, 08:08 AM
Perfect Catch 22

Shouldn't complaints about the complaint dept be made in the complaint dept?

blackthorn
12-09-2014, 12:29 PM
The worst is sitting with a group who work on the principle of "consensus" instead of 50%+1!! (political correctness at its finest) There are always one or two clowns that operate on the assumption that if they talk often and/or long enough the others will give in and they will get their way. The best way to run a group is to institute Robert's Rules of Order and when you have had enough of the BS, force a vote. Turns 6 hour meetings into 2 hour meetings.

MT Gianni
12-09-2014, 04:03 PM
I think this has a dual meaning. No complaints can be posted by the public, and I would think that this is the area that the mods use to complain about US. I have no problem with that.
Any complaints SHOULD be attempted to be settled by the parties involved before trying some other avenue. There is no reason that the mods should have to referee a p*ssing contest between two mental midgets on this forum.
They aren't judges....they aren't referees....they aren't ministers......they are volunteers that do a great job in the face of some pretty immature people.
Sit on a Planning Board sometime. Sit on a Board of Adjustment sometime. Sit on a Board or Council of City or State government sometime. Be a selectman sometime. Try doing it some time.
You will understand better.....guaranteed.
When I stepped down as a Mod there had yet to be a post there. Consider it 45's sense of humor.

Blacksmith
12-09-2014, 04:34 PM
If you complain anywhere except the Complaint Department you may be subjected to the ban hammer which is why it is much better to complain in private. Except of course you have complaints about the quality of the lube groves you actually receive, then we have a thread for that.:bigsmyl2:.

btroj
12-09-2014, 10:06 PM
When I stepped down as a Mod there had yet to be a post there. Consider it 45's sense of humor.

I fully appreciate the humor. I like the complaint dept as is.

Hamish
12-09-2014, 10:25 PM
As Self Appointed Complaint Department Moderator, may I, with great pleasure, inform you that your complaint that you cannot make a complaint in the Complaint Department is duly noted, examined, discussed in full with all members of the department, and I have come to a consensus with myself that your case has been fully Moderated and I can also announce with great pleasure that you are now another satisfied customer of the Complaint Department,,,,,,,,mm

Blammer
12-10-2014, 09:39 AM
well, there it is...

waksupi
12-10-2014, 10:29 AM
As Self Appointed Complaint Department Moderator, may I, with great pleasure, inform you that your complaint that you cannot make a complaint in the Complaint Department is duly noted, examined, discussed in full with all members of the department, and I have come to a consensus with myself that your case has been fully Moderated and I can also announce with great pleasure that you are now another satisfied customer of the Complaint Department,,,,,,,,mm

Now, THAT is an executive action!

ohland
12-10-2014, 12:18 PM
cannot make a complaint in the Complaint Department is duly noted

As others have observed with my savage, personal, and vicious attacks:kidding: there is just no help for my condition.

Actually, I was interested in posting something just to post there, since I've not had an issue yet where I felt I needed to....

Interesting story in the book "The Russians" by Hederick Smith, describing the difference between Soviet and Western societies. Soviet society was illustrated with a black dot under the center of a "W". An individual could not rise up any higher than the apex, and side-to-side movement was restricted. Western society was represented with an upright "U" and a black dot inside of it. The individual may rise as high as he or she can, and has wide latitude.

So an individual can't post an innocuous "Hello World" in a forum just to show he or she can?

Wow, must be my sicko-pathetic sin-drome being exposed...

Think I'd rather go bird hunting with Belle

foesgth
12-10-2014, 12:46 PM
Well, Mr. Ohland,
As you keep pushing the point, the complaint dept. is for Belle to complain about you! Consider yourself lucky she has been busy.

ohland
12-10-2014, 09:39 PM
Belle to complain about you!

If she had thumbs, she would ask for my gun, tell me to go back to the truck, and wait until she gets back...

RED333
12-10-2014, 10:19 PM
If she had thumbs, she would ask for my gun, tell me to go back to the truck, and wait until she gets back...
[smilie=w:best post today!!!

obssd1958
12-10-2014, 11:53 PM
As others have observed with my savage, personal, and vicious attacks:kidding: there is just no help for my condition.

Actually, I was interested in posting something just to post there, since I've not had an issue yet where I felt I needed to....

Interesting story in the book "The Russians" by Hederick Smith, describing the difference between Soviet and Western societies. Soviet society was illustrated with a black dot under the center of a "W". An individual could not rise up any higher than the apex, and side-to-side movement was restricted. Western society was represented with an upright "U" and a black dot inside of it. The individual may rise as high as he or she can, and has wide latitude.

So an individual can't post an innocuous "Hello World" in a forum just to show he or she can?

Wow, must be my sicko-pathetic sin-drome being exposed...

Think I'd rather go bird hunting with Belle

I have always thought that the "Complaint Department" where you couldn't file a complaint, was a corny joke. You know, like the hand grenade that has a number on the pin and a sign that says "To make a complaint, take a number!"

YMMV. Just the way I see it.

Don

oldsagerat
12-12-2014, 07:58 PM
Well, I've talked to 45' face to face. I don't think he has any spare time for BS. He'd rather be out shooting, not listening to small minded people complain.

edler7
12-13-2014, 12:42 PM
Put Helen Waite in charge of complaints.

If you have a complaint, go to Helen Waite.

TXGunNut
12-13-2014, 01:00 PM
I find it humorous but my taste in humor is not universal, to say the least. I have no use for the complaint department just as I have no use for the Pit, albeit for different reasons.