PDA

View Full Version : Flask,Pouch,Horn?

joatmon
02-15-2008, 12:24 AM
I always use loose powder and just carry quick loads but I want to change that.
Thinking maybe flask with the brass screw in tips, but I've not seen any in a long
time local (maybe order time). The pouch or horn could work also, guess you
carry a measure for rifle and one for pistol in the possiables bag or on leather
around neck. I shoot side lock cap and hope to get into flint. What works for you?
Thanks for any ideas. Aaron

( pistol is old army for small game )

MT Gianni
02-15-2008, 12:39 AM
I use a flask for range, always pouring out of it into a measure never into the barrell. I hunt with premeasured powder poured in to 35 mm film containers [yea I'm old]. Balls are carried loose in a pouch, patches prelubed in a baggie in my possibles bag. I will also lube a couple of Maxi-balls when I'm after Elk and keep them in a sanddwich bag. 50 TC Hawken & Ly Plains Pistol Gianni

ktw
02-15-2008, 01:07 AM
I carry a brass flask (http://www.trackofthewolf.com/(S(ufvlaa2hjbb3ii3leokpf1zs))/categories/PARTDETAIL.ASPX?CATID=1&SUBID=11&STYLEID=32&PARTNUM=FLASK-PS) in the bag. I use the interchangeable spouts to measure into an antler powder measure.

Lots of flasks available here (http://www.trackofthewolf.com/(S(ufvlaa2hjbb3ii3leokpf1zs))/categories/partList.aspx?catId=1&subId=11&styleId=32&PageSize=10&Page=1)

-ktw

JeffinNZ
02-15-2008, 04:32 AM
Yeap, flask and spouts. That's for all my gong and offhand shootings. If I really wanted to get really serious off the bench I would weigh.

freedom475
02-15-2008, 01:51 PM
I use a 6" brass cylinder flask with 25gr. spout for my Cap&Balls.

For my flinter I use a powder horn with a brass valve and a 50gr. spout. I wear a very small charge flask in a sheath around my neck. Not nessesary cause 2F and 3F from the horn work just fine for charging....but the little sheath is decrorated nicely and the pull string for removing the flask has a bear claw from a bear I shot on it so it adds a nice touch to my "outfit"

The horn just hugs your side and is a very handy and comforable.

I made a powder measure from a cut-off, polished tip of an antelope(pronghorn)..It looks like a giant bearclaw.

I carry pre-lubed boolits in a piece of copper pipe or RB's pre-patched in a wood loading block and with my Flinter's"tool ring" I'm good to go...(no purse needed:mrgreen:)

joatmon
02-15-2008, 09:40 PM
Thanks for the replies,think I'll start flask shoppin! Aaron