PDA

View Full Version : Can someone document the story of the Asperly Aimless?

wiljen
02-14-2008, 01:32 PM
I've been reading a fair amount about this product lately, but have never heard the story of the product itself. Can someone tell me where to look or post a history of the Asperly please?

Thanks in advance.

tommag
02-14-2008, 02:27 PM
Wiljen, while I thought I possessed an Aimless, I discovered that the firearm in question was the "exasperatingly erratic", produced by Random-fire Industries.

I think that Buckshot is our forum's pre-emminent expert on the Asperly Aimless and several of it's variants.

http://www.castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=19413&highlight=asperly+aimless

Hope this helps.
Tom

sundog
02-14-2008, 03:17 PM
A similar type product was produced by the Lodeless Arms Company. Their center piece offering was something named the Lodeless Convertible that then legitimate arms dealers said would never fly. A novelty, they said. Many of the Lodeless arms were produced as replicas for Hollywood.

The process Lodeless used was a forerunner to how Taurus makes stuff that looks like stuff from other companies. Lodeless handily replicated arms from any era in history incorporating his own design. They even made some that looked like they were from a particular era but really were not. In fact some of them never existed except as Lodeless 'replicas'. The big difference though is that Lodeless figured out how their arms could keep shooting even when the shooter discovered he had actually run out of ammo. Certainly a major technological break through! Regardless of it's configuration, they all could seemingly shoot an endless supply of ammunition.

No one is really sure how Lodeless did this, and when he met his untimely demise he had left no notes or even the slightest clue on how it was done. The remaining pieces still in existence from westerns, gangster movies, Rambo sequels, and several cop serials, had mostly been converted for use in such things as Alien and Star Wars and the like, and those not converted had been cannibalized for parts. No original examples remain.

Calamity Jake
02-14-2008, 04:28 PM
You guys carry on and hold down the fort, I'm gona go get my HIP boots!!!!! Cause it's fixen to get real deep in here. :roll::roll:

wiljen
02-14-2008, 04:52 PM
Thanks, I had done a search but must have mispelled it or something - that thread didn't pop up.

MightyThor
02-14-2008, 07:07 PM
continuing the work of Asperly and Loadless, the recent products from the Unbelievable Arms Company demonstrate the tried and true technology that allows the mass spraying of ammo without hitting the intended Target(or anything else) thus forcing capitulation by an otherwise overpowering unbeatable opponent. Though few have actually documented the numbers, there are literally thousands of filmed incidents of the use of the double acting single action. These fine firearms have been produced with a built in psychological component that actually enhances the self protection factor of a weapon which the ner-do-well previously thought was harmless due to the fact that it had not actually been cocked before being used as an anti violence persuasive. When one of these weapons is combine with the specially produced self materializing ammunition you have a combination that is unbeatable for every type of shooting situation. My particular favorite is the one that sends the entire cartridge down range, in slow motion, spin and all. Presumable so that the criminal element can strike the primer on his eye tooth and thus commit suicide, saving the marksman from the guilt of having shot someone.

Razor
02-14-2008, 10:21 PM
[
that allows the mass spraying of ammo without hitting the intended Target(:roll:
George Peppard and Mr. T in "the A team" ... right ??

Razor
:castmine:

wiljen
02-17-2008, 09:10 AM
I still think the brand I see most frequently at the range is the "Myopic Arms Company" in the form of either their AK or AR models. These weapons at first glance appear to be made by Colt, DPMS, Busmaster, Arsenal, Century Arms, etc... but have sights that prevent accurately aiming them beyond about 15 yards. The deluxe models even have glass and still manage to meet the same requirements. They may even have various models within the line that determines the maximum range and percentage of hits but I have not studied their documentation thoroughly.

I know this as I have seen many a user of myopic arms place clay pigeons or targets at the 25 yard berm and release a barrage of fire the likes of which an AC-130 would have trouble laying down, only to miss at least 3/4 of the targets.

The amazing thing is the universal thinking is that the results were caused by "This damn cheap foreign ammo". I have yet to hear a shooter say, "Boy, I should practice" or "How the hell did I miss at this distance?". I am grateful to myopic arms, as some of their users fire reloadable brass and leave it there in large quantities. I haven't bought 223 or 7.62x39 brass in quite some time.

SWIAFB
04-15-2008, 06:52 PM
What happenned to the assperly aimless ?

wiljen
04-15-2008, 07:05 PM
What happenned to the assperly aimless ?

Sounds like a volunteer Buckshot! Do you have to pay hazmat to mail that thing?

Junior1942
04-15-2008, 07:32 PM
All the experts, including Elmer Keith, I believe, said the Asperly Aimless Company would never last. Wasn't Elmer's article about the Aimless titled, "Hell, it won't work"? In this case, the experts were right. Didn't China get the tooling?

Phil
04-15-2008, 08:34 PM
Yes the tooling went to the Chinese. They narrowly outbid the Poles.

Cheers,

Phil

Texantothecore
02-29-2012, 01:33 PM
I think they are still alive and well, producing the Asperly Recoiless in 9mm which is seen weekly on NCIS. Great pistol, it is never aimed and has no recoil whatsover.

Wolfer
04-21-2012, 08:56 PM
I think they are still alive and well, producing the Asperly Recoiless in 9mm which is seen weekly on NCIS. Great pistol, it is never aimed and has no recoil whatsover.

It also never misses when the chips are down. Probably where it got the name aimless.

nanuk
04-22-2012, 03:26 AM
Some of you guys are far more knowledgeable than I when it comes to these issues

so I put this one out there... I think it was called a Chameleon or something like that, where it changed shape, color, style.

when I saw it, the fellow was loading it as a blued .38 revolver, then spinning the cylinder (and it makes that wonderful buzzing sound that none of mine did) then putting it in a desk drawer, where the Chameleon changes itself, and upon retrieval it has morphed itself into a .32 Nickeled Auto.

Perfect gun for mob hits as it would be virtually untraceable.... and great defense in court...

Your Honor, victim was shot with a .38 LRN... and the Defendant is obviously holding a .32 with FMJ roundnosers...

Beekeeper
04-22-2012, 09:11 AM
I have tried on several occasions to come to an agreement with buckshot on the Asperly Aimless but he continues to drag his feet as to the payment required to get me to accept the Rifle.

Someday we will come to an agreement I am sure and I (ME) will become the proud owner of such a fine weapon and of course since it is the only one of its kind still in existance I shall display it proudly in my collection.

beekeeper

Beekeeper
04-22-2012, 11:19 AM
Wiljen,
Altho I do not at this time have the Asperly Aimless I do have a couple of almost as rare Mauser Martinis.
Like the Aimless they defy the camera and are known to shatter lenses of the most expensive so very few if any photos exist

My rather extensive research into the history of these unique weapons assures me it was an attempt by other manufacturers to copy Colonel Asperlys work and I assure you they came close.
I have spent many hours testing the 2 that I have and can say without a doubt that They would be hard pressed to hit the side of a barn from the inside. The targets where I shoot have no fear of ever being hit by one of the massive shells from one .

Hope this helps in some way.

beekeeper