PDA

View Full Version : O-Rings for Lyman GHI Sizer Die

beagle
02-14-2008, 11:31 AM
I was needing some of the o-rings for sizer dies. I'd ordered them from Lyman before so I checked it out.

Knowing this question comes up all the time, I'll post it for everyone's use.

Here's the reply:

The little O rings are not on the website. To order #2991227@ .25 each phone us 800-225-9626.

Lyman customer service

/beagle

utk
02-14-2008, 12:12 PM
Actuallay, they ARE on their website, cause I ordered a couple some time ago.
I "think" they are with the sizing dies...

Checked:

http://www.lymanproducts.com/lymanproducts/index.htm

Yes, at the end of the H&I Sizing Die list. You won't see the order number until you've put it in the basket, though.

S.R.Custom
02-14-2008, 01:20 PM
What's the shipping charge?

mtgrs737
02-14-2008, 01:58 PM
Hey guys if you go to a good hardware store and take your die with you to try them on you will find the right one. There are a lot of almost fit ones but if they have the selection that my hardware store (True Value) does then you will find a perfect fit. You need to search for diameter of the ring and also the thickness. Cost is around 20 cents.

S.R.Custom
02-14-2008, 04:07 PM
That, in my own oblique fashion, was what I was getting at. :-D

utk
02-14-2008, 04:22 PM
I didn't order just those die O-rings. I also ordered a new plunger ("pressure nut") with O-rings, and an adapter for the #55 powder measure.

Woodwrkr
02-14-2008, 04:28 PM
Every time I order something I get charged at least $10 within US borders, GO FIGURE!:confused:

Bent Ramrod
02-14-2008, 10:50 PM
I bought #40 Danco Repair O Rings 3/4" OD, 5/8" ID, x 1/16" part number 96754. Ten of them cost less than $2 at Home Depot. They seem to work just fine.

Newtire
02-15-2008, 09:46 AM
I would suggest you get them from Lyman but an alternative is the O-rings they use for the solenoids on a Ford 4R70W (F150 pickup or Crown Victoria) automatic transmission. They are the perfect fit. You could probably get some from the nearest transmission shop as they come in all the rebuild kits. I'll start saving them up as we get a kit for those for the students where I work to change on their overhauls. Would be happy to send off a few in an envelope.

beagle
02-15-2008, 10:19 AM
Don't know what the postage is. I haven't ordered them yet as I want some sizer parts and need to figure out what I need. IN the past, Lyman hasn't been too bad.

Yeah, I know there's o-rings available locally and I've used them. One batch that I used was good. The other batched not so good .

Now, there are o-rings and there are o-rings. In the aviation industry, there are o-rings that are fuel resistant, oil resistant, grease resistant, hydraulic fluid resistant and don't forget the special high cost jobs for the OBOGs (On Board Oxygen Generating system). I've played that game when I was working in aviation maintenance. When you buy rings at Tractor Supply or wherever, you have no idea on the spec or intended use....you get an o-ring which may or may not be of the type you need. It may last one use and may last a lifetime. In any case this is not a really critical application so we don't worry about it.

The reason I posted that number is that many people don't know squat about o-rings and need a PN for rings and a source. Well, there it is./beagle

Freightman
02-15-2008, 10:46 AM
They do not keep much of an invatory as I ordered a 450 conversion kit 1/20/08 and they just shipped it this Wednesday. They may have broke me from sizing as the boolits I have been shooting are grouping as well or better than the sized ones. Been using Lee sizing dies for thoes that are GC ed whole lot faster, the problem is I do not have all the sizes that I need in Lee.
Haven't had any leading using LLA eather.