PDA

View Full Version : HELP: Need an air pistol with light trigger pull

IraqVet1982
11-30-2014, 07:49 PM
Does anybody know of a Air Pistol with a light trigger pull or one that is easily modified to be light?

I bought my son a Uramex Air Pistol and the pull on that thing has got to be 10# or more... the poor kid (8yrs old now) can't even budge it... Ideally, the cheaper the better but i realize that's not always possible.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

joesig
11-30-2014, 08:23 PM
There are a lot of air guns that are come with poor triggers. I got stuck with the same thing in a rifle. The "Winchester" air rifle was a ***! Walmart's Beeman beat the pants off of it.

The Crosman 1377 I had wasn't bad. They also make in .22 (1322) so you can continue to use the pellets you have.

JonB_in_Glencoe
11-30-2014, 10:20 PM
I have a gamo pr-45 air pistol .177
I haven't seen them availible in the US for a decade or so...I don't know why ?
it is an excellent Pellet only air pistol, awesome trigger and decent quality adjustable sight.

http://www.pellpax.co.uk/airguns/air-pistols/single-multi-stroke-pneumatic/gamo-pr45-pneumatic-pistol/697

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2HfxmK5qNM

You might be able to find a used one on fleabay ?

GhostHawk
11-30-2014, 10:27 PM
I have a pair of Crossman 1322's and they have decent triggers. Perhaps not ideal, but not terrible.

Big advantage to my way of thinking in buying a Crossman is that you can get a carbine stock for it.

Goes on with 2 screws (one on each side) and drastically improves accuracy.

I ended up putting an older Simmons Red dot on mine and have put 5 rounds into a dime sized hole at 20 feet with room left over.
Left to right it was under half an inch, top to bottom it was about 1/4 inch.

Now the range isn't extreme, but the costs are reasonable, and the accuracy is good enough to make it an excellent teaching tool.

I bought mine from Amazon.

Looks like the best combo price is here.

http://www.airgundepot.com/crosman-1322-air-pistol-black.html

If you want just the gun I'd google it. But I'd be willing to bet the price is going to be close to 57$ for the bare gun.
The carbine alone sells for 30$ for the 1322.

The kit costs 10$ more but is worth it just for the ammo and the shooting glasses, pouch.
Carbine stock is essentially free.

Yes it is plastic but I have had no problems with it, as long as it is treated with respect as any firearm should be.

C.F.Plinker
12-01-2014, 09:46 PM
The Crosman HB-17 or HB -22 are easy to modify. There are videos and write-ups on the 'net about how to do it. Basically polish the mating surfaces in the trigger, sear, and bolt; grease well; and bend the sear spring so it doesn't put as much pressure against the trigger.

Now if Dad wants to buy a pistol that his son can also use then the Beeman P1 has a trigger that is easy to adjust down into the "almost too light" area. It is patterned after the 1911 and is all metal so it will be a handful for him. You will need to help him pump it up for a few years since it is a spring piston airgun. But that's not all bad.

Multigunner
12-06-2014, 10:38 PM
My S&W 78g has a non adjustable but very good trigger. These originally had an adjustable trigger but they stopped making those because of liability concerns.
After minimal polishing of the sear surfaces I found that if I pulled the trigger gently while the safety was on the amount of engagement was greatly reduced when the safety was disengaged, not a hair trigger but a very light and short pull. It was working sort of like a set trigger.

I rebuilt this one after a friend found it buried in bottom mud after the lake water level went down. From the looks of it the pistol had been lost in the mud for decades.
Aside from having to find a replacement valve at Numrich after several years of use the pistol has always worked fine. The original cylinder chamber gasket finally gave out so I've used regular plumbing type O-rings, which last awhile so long as I bleed away remaining gas and let the gun sit for an hour before opening it to replace the cylinder. If opened too soon gas that permeated the rubber under pressure will bubble up and leaves pinholes in the O-ring that ruins the seal.

Most CO2 and pump up airguns that have a striker or linear hammer that hits the valve when firing have triggers that can be sweetened.

As with any other type of gun an excessly light trigger pull can be an accident waiting to happen, so care should be taken. Theres usually quite a bit of clearance around a linear hammer type striker, compared to a firearm firing pin, so if sear engagement is reduced too much a fall or jolt might set it off.

chutesnreloads
12-13-2014, 09:50 PM
Ditto for the Beeman P1.Mine came with a trigger set from the factory like a wet dream.I'd love all my rifles to have as sweet a trigger.

Shooter6br
12-14-2014, 01:37 PM
I am in a wheelchair after surgery to my R leg. i use my 747 at 5 meters indoors for "Group therapy" Nice adjustable trigger. Easy to maintain Have used it for 10 yrs. 124435

Mugs
12-15-2014, 12:47 PM
Crosman 1701P fully adjustable trigger. As light as you want it. And very accurate.

Mugs