PDA

View Full Version : Excitement at the ex's tonight

dakotashooter2
11-30-2014, 02:22 AM
About 5 tonight I get a call from a police friend of mine asking for my ex's phone number. He tells me "there is a situation, and I have to talk to her, but I'll let you know what is going on later". Since the ex and I were taking off for a hockey game in about a 1/2 hr. I figured I'd find out what's up when I get there. When I arrive she says the cops told her there was a situation in the neighborhood and to get out of the house for a few hours. As we took off we noticed police cars starting to stage around the neighborhood. I figured it was possibly a drug bust because it looked like the area task force was setting up. We really didn't hear much for a couple hrs until one of the neighbors texted that the activity was at the house next to my ex's which happened to be my brother in laws 80 year old mother and that they had seen the bomb squad down the block. I was puzzled until I remembered that her oldest son (an alcoholic) had been home a month ago and was served divorce papers while he was here. At the time he mentioned he was pi$$ed at his wife and was driving back to pick up his stuff (including guns) and bring it back here. Word has it the cops were going to grab him and he held his mother hostage. I suspect maybe he made threats against his wife and they were going to pick him up. It was peacefully resolved but quite a bit of excitement for our quiet little town. I expect I'll get the details from my BIL tomorrow.
My ex was a bit rattled tonight. He came pounding on her door at 3 am one night a couple summers ago and that's when she went out and bought a gun.

leadman
11-30-2014, 02:51 AM
Glad everything turned out ok for your Ex and you.

ROGER4314
11-30-2014, 03:18 AM
Ain't love grand?

Flash

osteodoc08
11-30-2014, 04:04 AM
Since the ex and I were taking off for a hockey game.....

you definitely have a better relationship with your ex than I do mine. LOL. Best of luck to you with that (sincerely)

glad they got this crazed lunatic off the street.

Bad Water Bill
11-30-2014, 04:21 AM
Now is definitely the time you take her to the range for some serious drills.

TXGunNut
11-30-2014, 01:15 PM
Nice that they gave her some notice. Hope the poor woman is OK. A guy that would use his own mom for a hostage needs to be locked up for a long time.

williamwaco
11-30-2014, 01:19 PM
WOW. That is too much excitement for me!

Multigunner
12-01-2014, 05:16 AM
Ain't love grand?

Flash
As the old saying goes
If you love something let it go.
If it was meant to be it will come back.
If not then chase it down and kill it.