PDA

View Full Version : No free man should be disbarred from use of arms

ohland
11-29-2014, 02:53 PM
Black Residents Armed With Assault Rifles Stand Guard Outside White-Owned Business During Ferguson Riots
http://www.inquisitr.com/1638935/black-residents-armed-with-assault-rifles-stand-guard-outside-white-owned-business-during-ferguson-riots/

When others figure out that dissuading criminals works, things are better. Just hope that the local PD and government understand and support the citizens, not the rioters/looters.

Ickisrulz
11-29-2014, 03:24 PM
Of course you have to wonder what would've happened if they'd shot someone in defense of that property.

starmac
11-29-2014, 03:36 PM
Whoever they shot would have probably leaked.

ohland
11-29-2014, 03:36 PM
Of course you have to wonder what would've happened if they'd shot someone in defense of that property.

True. In the late 1800s you had trip guns to set up being advertised.

MtGun44
12-01-2014, 02:24 PM
Police threatened to arrest them, got them to leave.

Whether you can legally defend property is entirely up to state law. In KS, you may defend your home, place of business,
or occupied vehicle from forced entry or attack with the force necessary. I would bet that in NY, NJ, Mass and other
anti-gun states, you have a lot fewer options, but you need to know exactly what the state law says is legal. The
most important thing when contemplating armed self-defense is to stay within the special situations permitted by
law when homicide is acceptable. My students usually were quite surprised to learn that legally a self-defense shooting
that is justified and not penalized is still a homicide.

Stay safe and be darned sure you stay legal.

Bill

starnbar
12-01-2014, 02:57 PM
[ .
stay within the special situations permitted by
law when homicide is acceptable. .
Think you are missing the point wiliam the rules of engagement are a little bit different when its due to a civil insurrection also if you look at your ins policy you might find the clause that says under the above situation you are NOT COVERED. Hence if you don't protect your property and the lives of your family no one will.

GOPHER SLAYER
12-01-2014, 03:00 PM
In Los Angeles during the last riots the Korean merchants in south central LA defended there convenient stores with firearms and they were not prosecuted. It made the most entertaining TV I have ever seen. Some of the family were on guard on the roof of their building while other members brought in food. I watched one young man arrive in a van, get out with what looked like a 9mm pistol. He saw something he didn't like and took several shots at it. He then saw another target and popped a few caps in that direction. The camera never showed what he was shooting at. What I am trying to point out here is the police let it be known from the beginning was, you were on your own. They were going to the barn. The one seen that impressed me the most was of two police cars running a red light at high speed side by side with lights flashing and sirens blaring heading for the safety of the station. I can't say that I blame them.

BrassMagnet
12-01-2014, 03:03 PM
In Los Angeles during the last riots the Korean merchants in south central LA defended there convenient stores with firearms and they were not prosecuted. It made the most entertaining TV I have ever seen. Some of the family were on guard on the roof of their building while other members brought in food. I watched one young man arrive in a van, get out with what looked like a 9mm pistol. He saw something he didn't like and took several shots at it. He then saw another target and popped a few caps in that direction. The camera never showed what he was shooting at. What I am trying to point out here is the police let it be known from the beginning was, you were on your own. They were going to the barn. The one seen that impressed me the most was of two police cars running a red light at high speed side by side with lights flashing and sirens blaring heading for the safety of the station. I can't say that I blame them.

They were later prosecuted for possessing banned rifles.

GOPHER SLAYER
12-01-2014, 05:33 PM
But not for shooting somebody with them? What I saw them shooting was a pistol which I assumed was 9mm. I didn't think they were banned even in here in Commiefornia.

blackthorn
12-01-2014, 06:57 PM
And if those Korean merchants had been Caucasians------???

starnbar
12-01-2014, 07:16 PM
They were later prosecuted for possessing banned rifles.

And the article that states that just asking

MaryB
12-02-2014, 12:58 AM
AK's were not banned in CA at the time as far as I know...

BrassMagnet
12-02-2014, 01:16 AM
And the article that states that just asking

Reported by CRPA.
I am a life member.

BrassMagnet
12-02-2014, 01:21 AM
AK's were not banned in CA at the time as far as I know...

High capacity semi-autos were banned in CA in 1989.
Rodney King riots were in 1992.

MaryB
12-02-2014, 03:00 AM
Thanks, thought that ban was mid 90's.

Lead Fred
12-02-2014, 05:27 AM
Shall not be infringed means that no ban is constitutional. Too bad there isnt any We The People in Commiefornia to stand up to the tyrants running the asylum.

starnbar
12-02-2014, 07:10 AM
The one transcript I have read about the king riots was from a Korean business man named Kee Whan Ha he owns the Hannan stores in that area his security guard was killed during the riot and it took 8 hours for the FD to retrieve his body Mr. Ha was never prosecuted for using his weapons.

MtGun44
12-02-2014, 10:12 PM
I do not buy the claim that a "civil insurrection" will be judged by different rules than
normal times. I think one would find that the police, prosecutor and judge will not buy
this story, either. 'Color outside of the lines' and you are going to be in deep koom-shee,
I will bet.
Bill

Multigunner
12-03-2014, 01:52 AM
I think the term is Debarred rather than Disbarred.
Debarred means excluded from, Disbarred means deprived of status.

GOPHER SLAYER
12-03-2014, 04:36 PM
I think that you can have semi autos in commiefornia as long as the magazine only holds ten rounds.

Smoke4320
12-03-2014, 04:46 PM
I think that you can have semi autos in commiefornia as long as the magazine only holds ten rounds.
and rifles must have non quick detachable mags ...Tool must be used to remove the mag... Hince the bullet button

MaryB
12-03-2014, 10:31 PM
What about grandfathered in weapons?