PDA

View Full Version : Ruger ROA conversion cylinder?

Mach_Cat
11-25-2014, 07:04 PM
Have two ROAs One came with a R&d 45LC conversion cylinder.
On the instructions for fitting a cylinder the R&d says you might need to remove a small amount on the
forward part of the frame.
Why would you rework the frame? Seems like you should remove a small amount from the front of the cylinder instead. (where the pin goes through)
If you remove from the frame then that would mean the original cylinder would be just a little sloppy for and aft.

Thoughts?
the cylinder currently fits one ruger but not the other.

bubba.50
11-25-2014, 07:26 PM
I put an r & d cylinder in the ROA I used to have. it was a little more than snug. I stoned a couple thousandths off the boss or whatever ya call it on the cylinder & everything was hunky-dory. like you, I couldn't see modifyin' the gun & possibly messin' it up for the stock cylinder. luck & have a good'en, bubba.

ShooterAZ
11-26-2014, 11:59 AM
Please don't modify the frame.

Mach_Cat
11-26-2014, 12:02 PM
Not planning to but that is the instruction on the R&D cylinder.

smoked turkey
11-27-2014, 12:35 AM
I have thought quite a bit about getting one for my ROA. I'd be interested on knowing how it works out for you.

bubba.50
11-27-2014, 01:32 AM
i had an R & D cylinder in a Ruger Old Army & it shot great. my biggest problem with it was related to the design of Ruger loading system. half the gun falls apart every time ya take the cylinder out to reload. seems to me it woulda been better if the parts were pinned together like the 1858 Remingtons.

my opinion & yer welcome to it. luck & have a good'en, bubba.