PDA

View Full Version : New to town.

fairview
11-25-2014, 06:56 PM
Stumbled in here searching for a source of 35 Remington brass. Grumpa solved that problem. Last time I shot I was wearing jungle utilities and black combat boots.

My boy had an opportunity to go huntijng. When I saw the price of 25-06 ammo I told him I would break out the old Spartan press. Since we had to send some lead down range I took my 270 to the range. One thing led to another, rediscovered how much I enjoy shootin, bought a couple new to me used rifles and that's how I got here.

OBIII
11-25-2014, 07:01 PM
Welcome to the forum! Lot's of good people here and immense knowledge. Be sure to do a lot of reading.

OB

Bad Water Bill
11-25-2014, 07:03 PM
Bring your son and park for a while.

There are plenty of folks here willing and able to keep you learning and enjoying for as long as you have left on this earth.

OH yes YOU provide the popcorn from here on.:popcorn:

DCP
11-25-2014, 07:08 PM
Welcome and enjoy the ride!

JSnover
11-25-2014, 07:43 PM
This site pretty much has it all. You have come to the right place.

Tristan
11-25-2014, 09:16 PM
Welcome back to the fold, fairview.

I don't know of a finer group on the 'net as the one here. I'm sure you'll enjoy this additional 'dimension' to the sport.

- Tristan

fairview
11-25-2014, 10:22 PM
Thanks all for the welcome. These are my newest additions. A Marlin 336 in 35cal, a 7mmMag with a scrimshawed stock. The adjacent pic is the stock I will be slipping the stock in. And finally a Remy 760, 30.06. The 760 was a steal because of the stock damage and the fact pump rifles are undesirable right now. Gonna spend an extra 70 bucks on it and install a high comb synthetic butt and fore stock. The 336 was actually made by Marlin before Remington aqcuried them and stunk them up for a couple years.

starmac
11-25-2014, 11:42 PM
How bad is that 760 stock, I may know someone that would be interested in it.

fairview
11-25-2014, 11:57 PM
How bad is that 760 stock, I may know someone that would be interested in it.

There is a chip out of the end of the butt stock. With the finish on that area looks as though it was sent from the factory like that. Also it is missing the grip cap. I can find the white spacer but have had no luck finding the oem cap. Those aren't big problems for a shooter only but what is driving me swap out is the stock is what i call ADL grade - lacks the high comb for quick target acquisition with a scope. I was figuring on putting them on ebay and starting it at .01 cent with no reserve.

John Allen
11-26-2014, 12:52 AM
Hi welcome to the forum.

Moonie
11-26-2014, 10:42 AM
Words of warning, casting will not save you money (you will shoot more, and own nice custom molds though), it is addictive. Run before you get sucked in like us... Kidding of course

Outer Rondacker
11-26-2014, 03:14 PM
Moonie is just being nice. Really run before its to late. Oh my the money reloading has saved me. Just keep saying that out loud. Its kinda like that one friend you have that is always telling everyone how broke he is but he is not. Sure is a lot of fun. Welcome