PDA

View Full Version : Monday on saturday.

starmac
11-22-2014, 08:52 PM
Well today was great, getting old sucks, and I am not hardly there yet. lol

I guess I started out sleeping through the alarm today, anyway I woke up 1 1/2 hours late. Something I have never done. I jumped through the ring and fixed a pot of coffee to fill my to go cup and fill my thermos and get out the door just in time to go to work. I wasn't running late, but not getting my morning coffee and an hour of quiet time is something that doesn't happen. lol
2 1/2 hours later I pull up to the pullout where I always chain up and the cable is across the road, so the loggers must have slept in, so I dig out the sat phone and give the boss a call and ask where he is at. He is in town getting a hydraulic hose made, and ask where I am. Then ask me if I want a load, I'm like why else whould I be here. So he tells me, as soon as he gets his parts he is headed out, and will get me a load, if I want to wait. lol I sat there thinking, by the time he gets here, the hydraulic hose on the equipment warmed up and my truck loaded, there is no way I can get back to the mill in time to get unloaded, and I would have to leave the truck outside, so I think why in the $%^&# didn't he call me and tell me he is broke down. After a while it dawned on me and I looked at my phone to check. It's friggin saturday, and they don't load on saturday. lol
Missed my coffee for nuttin. lol

shoot-n-lead
11-22-2014, 09:04 PM
Well, there ya go...had similar experiences...

RED333
11-22-2014, 09:23 PM
Man you have got to slow down, life is way to short to be in a hurry!

starmac
11-22-2014, 09:30 PM
If I get any slower, I will be backing up. lol

I did get to see a big owl come thrashing out of the alders into the road with a fresh killed grouse. lol It took off and left it in the road, but I came back through in less than an hour, and it was gone. lol

Also got to see a pretty skittish cow moose this morning, and met several pickup with wheelers and snowmachines going in. I am assuming the winter cow season has started.
All the pickups had to back up to let me through, 2 of them about a 1/4 of a mile before I could get by. One poor guy had a had a snowmachine trailer on and didn't have the backing up thing down at all. lol

Bzcraig
11-22-2014, 09:31 PM
Well, as much as I hate to admit it, I chuckled at your faux pas!

leeggen
11-22-2014, 09:36 PM
I used to trick my boys on saturday mornings. Run in anf tell them they over slept and I'll have to take them to school. They finally caught on. New jobs have away of causing mind games.LOL
Hey you probably made points with the boss!!!
Cd

aspangler
11-22-2014, 09:53 PM
Yep! Getting old is for the birds. Ask me how I know.

dragonrider
11-22-2014, 10:53 PM
I know the feeling, I got up and rush like crazy to get to work on time once,.........it was a holiday, had the day off. It was several years before the guys at work stopped raggin me about that one.

Plate plinker
11-23-2014, 12:36 AM
Now who else has driven part of the way or all the way to there previous job?

MaryB
11-23-2014, 01:37 AM
My last job was 10 days on 4 off(if I was lucky and they didn't call me in to fix something they couldn't) so I just slept my work schedule all the time. I was working 4-mids so it was in bed around 6am and up at 2pm. Sure the neighbors thought I was nuts working on stuff in the middle of the night but that was my schedule. Still kind of sleep that schedule, that job messed up my sleep pattern

southpaw
11-23-2014, 10:20 AM
I work a rotating swing shift. What is this sleep pattern thing you talk about?

Jerry Jr.

TXGunNut
11-23-2014, 04:26 PM
At least you had some interesting scenery to go with your morning coffee. Not a total loss.

starmac
11-23-2014, 05:18 PM
Not a loss at all, but since I wasn't getting paid, it would have been a lot more fun to have done it while freezing on a 4 wheeler or snow machine. lol

shooter93
11-23-2014, 06:59 PM
I work so many 7 day weeks that it isn't uncommon for me not to have any idea what day it is. At times I'm not sure of the month either.

doc1876
11-23-2014, 09:37 PM
I work so many 7 day weeks that it isn't uncommon for me not to have any idea what day it is. At times I'm not sure of the month either.

same thing here. When I do work regular weeks I hate a week that has 3 Mondays in it. the week never seems to end

Buck Neck It
11-24-2014, 01:16 AM
Only one thing worth worrying your head about when you are a logger, and that's gittin them logs. (You know, fell em, limb em, buck em, yard, stack, haul. Hey, when do I get paid? Who are these guys in the green suits? How do I fix this greasy machinery?)

Every day is a picnic in the woods.

starmac
11-24-2014, 01:32 AM
LOL I know you are right, but the only worries I have of that list is hauling and the biggest one when do I get paid. lol Which reminds me, I should probably ask that question before too long. lol

geargnasher
11-24-2014, 02:49 PM
I drove to work on a Saturday by mistake once. I clued in when I caught the third light coming into town and looked around wondering why the traffic was so light. The one thing that would have tipped me off was the uniform count in my closet, but I had an extra due to a holiday the previous week.

Gear

6bg6ga
11-24-2014, 03:24 PM
That is why I have a watch with a day and date on it and don't think I haven't used it.