PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else, besides me, owed money by Bullshop Junior?

Hardcast416taylor
11-20-2014, 04:10 PM
He has owed me refund money since May. His PM`s to me were always promises of "soon". I even said I would take less just to settle this bill. Now he has left Texas and I don`t even get a promise of "soon" now. He has my mail address so that excuse won`t wash now. Just wondered if anyone else hasn`t been settled up with, as he promised here in a site message by end of Oct.? Its not the monetarial amount, it`s the false promises of payment that hurts.Robert

starmac
11-20-2014, 04:37 PM
He doesn't owe me anything (never has) and I haven't talked to him personaly since he has made the move to Mt, But I have not seen much activity from him since the first few days after he got there. Hopefully it is because he has gone to work, and will make it a priority to square his debts with you guys. I did talk to him not long before he left Texas, and it was heavily on his mind, so hope he gets square.

DCP
11-20-2014, 06:30 PM
I understand he owes you your refund money.

You may want to ponder this

If you lend money to a friend or family member, beware that you may not get your money back and your relationship may never go back to normal. This will cause tension between you and the borrower, and may also cause guilt, remorse, and anger.

1989toddm
11-20-2014, 06:32 PM

If you lend money to a friend or family member, beware that you may not get your money back and your relationship may never go back to normal. This will cause tension between you and the borrower, and may also cause guilt, remorse, and anger.

Truer words never spoken.
Proverbs 22:7

472x1B/A
11-20-2014, 06:40 PM
Your two sentences go hand in hand. " If you; and This will; !
A brother = $16,000.00 since July 1993.

Char-Gar
11-20-2014, 06:53 PM

I will never load money as I am not a bank or loan company. I will give money, but never loan it, for the above mentioned reasons. I have heard many, many sob and hard luck stories over the years and hold to this rule hard and fast.

Just consider the money a gift to a young man trying to find out what his life is all about. Perhaps one day he will find his place in life and be grateful to those who helped him find it.

jcwit
11-20-2014, 07:12 PM
As William Devane says in the silver commercial, "Lesson Learned".

btroj
11-20-2014, 07:15 PM
I will never load money as I am not a bank or loan company. I will give money, but never loan it, for the above mentioned reasons. I have heard many, many sob and hard luck stories over the years and hold to this rule hard and fast.

Just consider the money a gift to a young man trying to find out what his life is all about. Perhaps one day he will find his place in life and be grateful to those who helped him find it.

Charles, you may well be the owner of the wisest post ever made on this site.

starmac
11-20-2014, 07:23 PM
LOL Was it a loan, or payment for goods of some kind, either debt should be squared, but is different too.

troyboy
11-20-2014, 07:40 PM
A deal is a deal. Especially by a trusted member. Things need to be set straight directly or consequences should follow. Zero tolerance for this behavior from any member should be the rule.

starmac
11-20-2014, 07:57 PM
Not a fan of zero tolerance, it generally doesn't have many applications in real life.

ShooterAZ
11-20-2014, 08:30 PM
I'm not a fan of even the term "zero tolerance" either. Having said that, integrity comes into play here. If he can't come up with the $$$, he should at least stay in communication with those he owes money to and let them know what his intentions are. Yeah, it might have been a small sum (or even quite a few small sums), but it goes against the principle of trust and good faith with our fellow members here. I'd hate to see his name put on the "Deadbeats" list here, but if he doesn't communicate and get things squared away I wouldn't be surprised if it does.

odfairfaxsub
11-20-2014, 08:39 PM
Deal is a deal

BrassMagnet
11-20-2014, 08:41 PM
Not a fan of zero tolerance, it generally doesn't have many applications in real life.

Zero tolerance has become a way to dispense injustice, trivialize major criminal actions, criminalize trivial actions, and claim you had no other option.

skeettx
11-20-2014, 08:43 PM
How much are you owed?
Maybe something special will happen :)

jmort
11-20-2014, 08:45 PM
"Zero tolerance has become a way to dispense injustice, trivialize major criminal actions, criminalize trivial actions, and claim you had no other option."

This makes the most sense.

btroj
11-20-2014, 08:54 PM
Zero tolerance gets kids kicked out of school for possessing plastic knives, wearing NRA shirts, or otherwise doing things that aren't even close to a problem.

Yep, zero tolerance is the answer. Right.

paul h
11-20-2014, 09:12 PM

Sage advice! If someone needs money, I'll give it to them. If they need to borrow money, that's what banks are for, I'm not a bank nor do I wish to be a bank or banker. If a bank won't lend them money, then I figure that's reason enough for me not to lend them money either.

Given the drawn out saga of him not finding work in Alaska, then leaving for Texas and apparently moving on from there I'm not terribly surprised of this post. I hope BP jr. gets things together and makes things right with the OP.

1989toddm
11-20-2014, 09:35 PM
Yes a deal is a deal, and debts should be paid, but we all know life happens and money gets tight. Grace between friends and acquaintances goes a LONG way to keeping good relations.

Char-Gar
11-20-2014, 09:42 PM
A deal is a deal. Especially by a trusted member. Things need to be set straight directly or consequences should follow. Zero tolerance for this behavior from any member should be the rule.

I gather you have never needed forgiveness, understanding, tolerance and grace in this life. If you have not (which I doubt) you will before this life is over and certainly if and when you move on to eternal life.

Bored1
11-20-2014, 09:52 PM
Zero tolerance has become a way to dispense injustice, trivialize major criminal actions, criminalize trivial actions, and claim you had no other option.

Yes a deal is a deal, and debts should be paid, but we all know life happens and money gets tight. Grace between friends and acquaintances goes a LONG way to keeping good relations.

+1.

Everytime my view needs some enlightening I happen to stumble across statements like these. I may not agree with all of you gentleman all of the time, however by God ya'll have it right here!

Bullshop Junior
11-20-2014, 10:09 PM
He has owed me refund money since May. His PM`s to me were always promises of "soon". I even said I would take less just to settle this bill. Now he has left Texas and I don`t even get a promise of "soon" now. He has my mail address so that excuse won`t wash now. Just wondered if anyone else hasn`t been settled up with, as he promised here in a site message by end of Oct.? Its not the monetarial amount, it`s the false promises of payment that hurts.Robert
I said I would get to it when I had time.

Which, if you read the PM I sent the other day, said hopefully this weekend since I was finally able to swing into a place that had stamps during business hours.

Bullshop Junior
11-20-2014, 10:15 PM
LOL Was it a loan, or payment for goods of some kind, either debt should be squared, but is different too.
It was a payment. He bought some stuff from me and I didn't get it mailed in a reasonable time, so said I would refund the money too. My wife got the box ready to mail and didn't put in the refund. for one reason or another one of the cars was always broken, and I would take the other one to work so she never made it into town and I havn't had a day off in months so never made it to the post office either. Anyway, it has been my fault and a outrageous amount of time. I was able to get stamps at a truck stop and will hopefully be back in town Saturday to drop the refund in the drop box