PDA

View Full Version : What I want.

starmac
11-20-2014, 03:27 PM
I am looking for some one that really wants to get started or for whatever restart reloading, and for whatever reasons life has thrown at them really can't justify turning loose the bucks to get the basics.
This does not have to go to a member, just someone that really wants to get started, and will use it.
If you or someone you know needs a scabbed together starter kit to get started get back with me and let me know what you or they need it for (cal).
I am not looking for someone that has the basics, but someone that needs the basics.

I am not great with typed words, but hope this is understandable.
I think I can go through my junk and come up with at least most of the stuff to put together a cartridge.

starmac
11-20-2014, 04:48 PM
I should add, if there winds up being several, I will check and make a decision who gets this sunday. Either get your name in the hat here or by pm.

Mtnfolk75
11-20-2014, 05:22 PM
PM inbound ..... [smilie=s:

Garyshome
11-20-2014, 05:49 PM
Looks like an early Christmas for someone! Not me though

DeputyDog25
11-20-2014, 06:37 PM
I am looking for some one that really wants to get started or for whatever restart reloading, and for whatever reasons life has thrown at them really can't justify turning loose the bucks to get the basics.
This does not have to go to a member, just someone that really wants to get started, and will use it.
If you or someone you know needs a scabbed together starter kit to get started get back with me and let me know what you or they need it for (cal).
I am not looking for someone that has the basics, but someone that needs the basics.

I am not great with typed words, but hope this is understandable.
I think I can go through my junk and come up with at least most of the stuff to put together a cartridge.

Starmac is one stand up guy, he is a true gentleman and pleasure to talk with. I am so glad he is doing this for someone, they are really going to enjoy themselves when they get their feet wet. +1 for Starmac. Thanks for your generosity and an Early Merry Christmas to the recipient!

Pepe Ray
11-20-2014, 07:05 PM
I know of a candidate for consideration. He is father/step father to 6 boys, one toddeler and 4 teens at home.
Because of downsizing he has been set to retraining for a new career and can not afford the means of much. I gave him a nice Win. M94, 30-30 to
help him this deer season. He'd really like to be able to feed it. I've had 3 of the boys come to my place for a week of instruction and fun.
They are all well behaved kids and a joy to have around.
Please consider him.
I'll follow up with a P.M. with his name and address.
Thanks for your generosity.
Pepe Ray

bessemer20
11-22-2014, 11:53 AM
If this package does go to the gentleman that Pepe Ray has suggested I'll put up a 100 pcs of once fired winchester brass to go with it.

jaysouth
11-23-2014, 11:19 AM
Starmac,

I have an older Speer reloading manual for the package you are putting together. PM me, I can send it to you or who you select.

shaper
11-23-2014, 12:43 PM
I'll put up some lead if they need it. Let me know.
shaper

starmac
11-23-2014, 05:31 PM
Okay guys this stuff is going to PepRays guy. I just happen to know a little about trying to keep groceries on the table for several teenage boys. lol I only had one, but there was always several others that lived with us for one reason or other. lol
This is the last time I will offer anything like this, from now on it will be a first come type of deal, as Mtnfolks guy sounded very deserving to and I literally hated to decide and wisked I was in the position to give it to both of them.
You guys that offered brass, lead and a manual (can't possibly have too many manuals) I would imagine he can use it, as I am not sending any components, and I can see a huge problem keeping 30/30 ammo for 4 teenage boys, but PepeRay would be the one to know what he needs.
Thanks I really appreciate it, but if you would get in touch with Pepe as thare is no sense to send it here first. Thanks again.

DeputyDog25
11-23-2014, 05:46 PM
I will add some lead to the package if you will just pm me the information I will get it sent to him.

Mtnfolk75
11-23-2014, 06:01 PM
Thanks for the consideration Starmac, I'll try and get my son set-up after the 1st of the year hopefully. and I will 2nd Deputydog 25's comment, you are one of the Genuine Good Guys. Have a Happy & Safe Thanksgiving.

Kelly S
11-23-2014, 06:31 PM
WOW Its a joy to see such generosity and concern for fellow man and the sport. I remember me, my brother and our best buddy casting some 311291s reloading them into 30-30s on an old winchester nutcracker tool then going out back and shooting them at what ever target presented itself. I seem to remember the total round count was 150. A busy day! I hope the kids make some good memories too.

starmac
11-23-2014, 06:35 PM
He He I'm not all that good a guy, probably not very god at all, but I wind up with too much stuff and get tired of looking at it. lol

Pepe Ray
11-23-2014, 10:01 PM
Let me jump in here to let everyone know that I'm taking notes. "When it rains it pours."

Kieth is still a novice in the gun sports. When the 3 teens spent a week with me on my shooting range they carried back to him a degree of enthusiasm which put his thoughts in motion. His new desire to reload for his Winchester hasn't got to the casting stage, - -yet. When I'm satisfied that he can feed the 30-30 safely, I'm sure the demand for recreational fodder will require casting. I've got a pretty good stash of material to fill those demands. Along with powder and primers, we'll be doing fine.
My wife tells me I get too emotional, sometimes. Heck, I cried like a baby all during the George Jones Memorial services. So you can imagine the stack of wet tissues next to my keyboard.
For starmac who started this and jaysouth, bessemer20. shaper, DeputyDog25 and all my other boolet buddies , I love you.

May God bless you all.
Pepe Ray

starmac
11-23-2014, 11:49 PM
Wait till Keith realizes that this little bit of generosity has cost him THOUSANDS, and there is no end in sight.

BrassMagnet
11-24-2014, 12:11 AM
Wait till Keith realizes that this little bit of generosity has cost him THOUSANDS, and there is no end in sight.

I'm not seeing any savings yet. Surely in a decade or two?

starmac
11-24-2014, 12:18 AM
LOL I expect the wife might see a savings, after she puts me under. lol

willlong9
11-25-2014, 10:54 AM
Plus 1 for all you guy!

jonp
11-26-2014, 09:46 PM
I'll be back in Vermont for Christmas this year I think. At least I am hoping. If he decides that reloading to put food on the table is what he is wanting to do I will bring an 8lb keg of Unique and meet him or you somewhere on Route 2. Let me know

jonp