PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo and SNOW

starmac
11-19-2014, 02:03 AM
From what I heard about the Buffalo area on the radio, I hope you guys are holed up and got a good fire banked up. Sure makes me glad I'm in Alaska. lol

NSB
11-19-2014, 10:24 AM
That snow is the weirdest thing you ever heard of. I live about half an hour from Buffalo and my yard has green grass showing through. I've got about less than an inch anywhere. I can drive fifteen minutes from home and there's over a foot on the ground. Another fifteen minutes and there's about six or seven feet of it on the ground. It's coming off the lake in a VERY narrow band and dumping on one thin slice of the Buffalo area. They've gotten an entire years worth on snow in three days and it's still snowing!

Garyshome
11-19-2014, 10:53 AM
It was like that last time I was through there, closed the roads just as I passed through town. I was lucky to make it out of town.

Firebricker
11-19-2014, 11:50 AM
Last time I was there it was early spring just enough snow and ice to make Niagara Falls look beautiful and went to the Anchor Bar for wings. Nice area but way too much snow for me ! FB

rondog
11-19-2014, 11:55 AM
Like Buffalo never gets much snow.... Or Rochester either. I lived NW of Syracuse for several years, in Phoenix, NY, and worked all over Central, Western and Northern NYS. Ain't gotta tell me about their snow! Bah, they can have it.

shdwlkr
11-19-2014, 02:50 PM
decades ago I worked in Rochester Ny snow in the winter is to be expected, I remember one time a bridge I needed to look at in Wyoming county I had to follow the snow plow in to the bridge and they even plowed a spot for me to get off the road and tell them how long I needed so they would be back to plow the road so I could get back to Rochester. Yep they can enjoy that all they want.

where i am now we have 7-8 inches and this weekend we are to warm up so it can rain and wash all this stuff away. Would be nice if they realized if you put your plow down on the road you get more removed. Followed two when we started getting this stuff and they had their plows up as high as they could get them driving through the slush that cars were having a tough time making it through. Wished I had someone with me that could have videoed it as it would be interesting to see the response to that. Oh well the weather is what it is and we are not going to change it.

Firebricker
11-19-2014, 04:38 PM
Winter is here it seems. Ohio is supposed to warm up enough to get a real cold rain by Sunday. We really have not had the horrible winters I remember as a a kid in the late 1970s. We have nothing on New York in the snow department though you guys do get hammered up there. FB

fatnhappy
11-19-2014, 09:41 PM
Snow....... big deal. At least we don't have wildfires, tornados, earthquakes, volcanoes or Al Sharpton.

Plate plinker
11-19-2014, 09:49 PM
Huh? I thought the reverend al tax cheat sharp tom was based out of new York.

fatnhappy
11-19-2014, 09:55 PM
Common misperception is that NYC and NY state have something in common. He's from the other end. Upstate NY is pretty darn conservative. He's a sewer rat and right where he feels at home.

TXGunNut
11-19-2014, 10:37 PM
Sewer rats would run him out of the sewer, they got standards!

Plate plinker
11-19-2014, 10:43 PM
Just razzin you fatnhappy. Sorry you are stuck with the black hole of NYC.

starmac
11-19-2014, 10:44 PM
The radio while ago said they were expecting as much as 3 more feet in the next day or so. Sooo glad I'm in Alaska, we do have earthquakes, but it's nice to shake things up a bit once in a while. lol The wildfires makes for some good moose habitat too. I don't really know of any good that comes out of the volcanoes, but I would rather have them than that Sharpton disaster. lol

fatnhappy
11-19-2014, 11:09 PM
Just razzin you fatnhappy. Sorry you are stuck with the black hole of NYC.

Understood, thank you.

starreloader
11-19-2014, 11:22 PM
Lived in Batavia for 22 years had a few snowy times over the years... Of course I worked out of state so I did miss some of the winter white stuff... fatandhappy is right about the the difference, there is New York and then there is the RAT HOLE of NYC,, use to frost me that .0275 cents of the .08 or so cents I paid in sales tax went to the RAT HOLE