PDA

View Full Version : Thanks a Million For the Past 6 Years!!

captain-03
11-18-2014, 04:58 PM
I just finished pulling 250 powder coated 40S&Ws from the toaster oven - BOY, they sure look good!! As I was doing looking them over, it occurred to me that I would have never known of this process if I had not read about it here on Castboolits. I have been an avid visitor to Castboolits for about 6 years now. Do not post much but I read many interesting post each day. I have been reloading and casting since the early 1970s and have learned more from this site about casting and cast boolit loads in the past 6 years than I did in the previous 30 years going it alone!!

Not only have I learn much from this site, it has also given me the opportunity to participate in some really great group buys and get some molds that I LOVE to use!!

I just want to say THANKS to the Castboolit community for a productive and enjoyable past 6 years -- Hope to learn more in the next 6!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU!!

shooterg
11-18-2014, 05:12 PM
+1 what he said !

cbrick
11-18-2014, 05:39 PM
From the title that's sure not what I expected to read. :mrgreen:

Now what has been going on for 6 years? Oh yeah and only two very long years to go.

Yep learned a bunch here also.

Rick

starmac
11-18-2014, 05:49 PM
LOL By the title I thought this was posted in the wrong forum. lol

slim1836
11-18-2014, 05:56 PM
I have to agree that without this site there are things I could not have achieved such as powder coating, P.I.D. assembly, learning about all types of lead and so on. The list is long.

Still have much more to learn.

Slim

kbstenberg
11-18-2014, 06:15 PM
I to have to thank everyone who is on this site that contributes there knowledge and experience.

Garyshome
11-18-2014, 06:23 PM
I'm happy to have found this site!

dubber123
11-18-2014, 06:31 PM
I knew a bit about casting, and had been doing it for a while before I found this site. That said, I have learned a ton, and UN learned at least as much. :) Not everything was only casting related, this site is a wealth of knowledge, in many different areas.

captain-03
11-18-2014, 06:34 PM
I figured the TITLE would be an attention getter!!

starmac
11-18-2014, 08:29 PM
I knew exactly zero about casting before I found this site. It had never even crossed my mind, I found the site because I was looking to get back into reloading after more than 20 years. lol To tell the truth I never knew I needed to learn so much, and doubt I will ever catch up with what I didn't know. lol
Yea I need to thank many, many past, present and future members here.

JRPVT
11-18-2014, 09:22 PM
I also wish to thank the many contributors to the vast amount of knowledge now at our fingertips. I will even make the point that there are many of us, myself included, who are still hesitant to speak up when we know something and could contribute. After reading a comment about this forum losing the relevance that it is known for, I have decided to speak out when I do know what may help someone else. We don't have to be certified experts in a field to make a comment, a little experience can go a long way, when shared, to save others time and money. Frustration has probably sunk more projects than anything else, and this forum gives us like minded individuals a great place to sit down and ask " what can I try next?" We all need to pitch in a little better to help each other out. Just my 2 cents. Dave

nagantguy
11-18-2014, 09:42 PM
This site has brought me out of the dark ages I am no longer a babe lost in the woods. I also took some powder coated boolits out of the high end yard sale foster oven. Also thank to this site my muzzle loading from shooting to.casting to.fixing has leaped forward 100 years and I found I'm not alone in my surplus addiction and I have a platform to warn others of the pitfalls of buy just one nagant cause it was cheap and seemed to.call to you.

MBTcustom
11-18-2014, 10:01 PM
When I came here, I knew everything.
Then I found out I know nothing.
Now I know something......I think. LOL!

Couldn't agree more with the OP. I love this place, and it has put me in touch with the best people on the planet. Yeah, there have been some bumps and some unsavory characters, but the good people that have done good to me, and the people I was able to help make it oh so worth it!
This is the best part of the internet IMHO.

No_1
11-18-2014, 10:32 PM
I like this place too. When I came here I cast bullets but knew very little about casting boolits. I am still learning every day. Thanks goes to y'all for helping make this place what it is.

square butte
11-19-2014, 08:57 AM
I've got more brothers here than I ever could have imagined existed. I do not know of another place where anything like this exists. The amount of consolidated knowledge that is available is beyond compare.

Calamity Jake
11-19-2014, 09:10 AM
Yap been here a while and have learned a lot. GREAT place to be.

EMC45
11-19-2014, 09:47 AM
This place is great!

Wasalmonslayer
11-19-2014, 10:41 AM
I also have learned so much it is crazy!
I am not a huge poster but I read every day and learn something new almost everyday.
I found this site just about a year ago I was using Google to try and find a lube recipe because the I was using for pan lube sucked!
I found an easy recipe and so much more that my mind is still spinning.
Thank you to everyone who takes the time to help us all learn to be better at our common hobby.
Wasalmonslayer