PDA

View Full Version : New member checking in.

strobro32
11-18-2014, 07:14 AM
Hi All,

Thanks for the amazing forum gents. This place has been keeping me busy reading for awhile. Long time lurker, new silver stream addict. I have kids in private school so I've been cutting down on the firearm expenses. I'm trying to switch my compulsion for tittle II firearms to reloading to feed the few NFA items I have.

I started reloading last year. Reloaded about 3K 300BLK and another K on 380 and 9mm on a single stage Lee press. I'm completely hooked. I've been collecting equipment and materials for reloading long before I knew I would assemble my first cartridge. I collected thousands of cases in all my calibers. I have also processed 120 lbs of lead from the local burm.

Last night for my 44th birthday, I purchase 4 Lee double cavity molds in 9, .380, .45, 300BLK, 3 sizers 20 pot, thermometer. I plan on PCing or epoxying heavy castings for use with my suppressed hosts.

I may have some annoying questions from time to time so I appologize in advance. :)

Thanks again to all who generously posted their wisdom.

Matt

GP100man
11-18-2014, 07:28 AM
Welcome Matt!!

Seems you`re off to a good start with all the casings & scrounging !!

We all at some point decided to try cheaper shooting ,but all it really does is help ya shoot more as I`m always scrounging supplies or money to feed the need of this addiction !!!

As far as the "annoying questions" they ain`t none & that`s what we`re here for .
Sometimes the most complicated problems have a very simple solution !!!

Anyways Welcome Again from the coastal Carolinas :cbpour:

GP

strobro32
11-19-2014, 07:10 AM
Thank you Sir.

I'm having second thoughts on the Lee 158 gr. double cavity mold for subsonic 9mm. I was thinking of eventually upgrading to the NOE 150 gr. RN 4 or 5 cavity mold. Maybe Santa thinks I'm worthy.
http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/product_info.php?cPath=35&products_id=1157
http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/product_info.php?cPath=35&products_id=1159

Tatume
11-19-2014, 07:56 AM
Welcome aboard Matt. You'll enjoy your new hobby.

11-19-2014, 08:08 AM
Welcome aboard! The more questions, the better.

nagantguy
11-19-2014, 08:19 AM
Welcome sir, get a note pad cause there is so much to learn. And share any tips you have or tricks you've found that's what makes the pot so rich.

CastingFool
11-19-2014, 08:40 AM
One word of advice, Matt, and that is to start slowly (if you can) Work on one caliber at a time, until you gain experience. After you start getting good results with one caliber, move on to the next. JMO, and btw, welcome to the addiction! CF

Pilgrim
11-19-2014, 12:10 PM
If you start with one, don't start with either the .380 or 9mm. Both of those have given folks a fair amount of difficulty. Why, I don't know. FWIW Pilgrim