PDA

View Full Version : Young lady passing out cards at the Grand Junction VA Hospital for Veterans Day

BrassMagnet
11-15-2014, 02:11 PM
On Monday, I was at the Grand Junction, CO Veterans Hospital for an appointment to try and figure out why I was having some troubles. A very young lady was walking the halls with her mother passing out cards to everybody.
I thanked her and put her card in my book without opening it.
Tuesday was Veterans Day.
Wednesday while waiting for surgery I opened her card and read it.

Here it is:

envelope

front cover

inside. The right side picture might not be clear enough to read.
It is a drawing of dog tags labeled "Brave Hero."

rear cover

It sure made me feel a little better while I was waiting.

starmac
11-15-2014, 02:13 PM
I reckon I need some new specs. lol

jsizemore
11-15-2014, 09:41 PM
BM gets the good stuff, again.

xs11jack
11-15-2014, 10:07 PM
As socially conscious as the young kids are now a days, she may have come up with the card idea herself and asked mom to help. Maybe while dad is there to see a doc.
Ole Jack

BrassMagnet
11-15-2014, 10:37 PM
As socially conscious as the young kids are now a days, she may have come up with the card idea herself and asked mom to help. Maybe while dad is there to see a doc.
Ole Jack

Ole Jack,

I actually have a different opinion than you, but then I have the card and I can read everything on it (with a magnifying glass!).

On the back, under the cross, it says, "God Bless You" and includes her printed signature and "Proud Army Brat 6 years old."

I suspect her Dad is deployed. I sure hope and pray he is not a Wounded Warrior recovering there.

BrassMagnet