PDA

View Full Version : What every Brittany owner already knew

ohland
11-14-2014, 06:38 PM
http://www.slate.com/blogs/wild_things/2014/11/12/big_data_dog_graph_popularity_of_dog_breeds_mapped _against_their_overall.html

Excerpted from "Knowledge Is Beautiful: Impossible Ideas, Invisible Patterns, Hidden Connections—Visualized" - by David McCandless, out now from Harper Design.

Funny, where the box came from highlighting "Hot Dog" and the heart around the Brittany, I'll never know...

Doc Highwall
11-14-2014, 09:22 PM
I noticed a cat is 4th.

ohland
11-14-2014, 11:08 PM
I noticed a cat is 4th.

Well, my hunch is a typo (maybe they had a cat chart as well), but even so, notice that there is no name by it. FWIW, how many cats are trained to fetch roosters, and how many cats come when they are called?

Though on some days, my Brittany would break the will of an ordinary human...

If Belle had thumbs, she could do it all. Thank God us humans are still good for something... Like air conditioning, central heat, driving vehicles, opening cans... Opposable thumbs are a life saver, I tell you...

William Yanda
11-14-2014, 11:55 PM
One of our-well, my wife's actually-five cats will come when I whistle.

MaryB
11-15-2014, 04:08 AM
My rescue cat Oreo comes on command 99% of the time. He will give you 5 if you hold your hand flat, pat your chest and he gently pats you there to be petted. He also uses the toilet more often than the litter box. Just need to teach him to flush!