PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have Lyman Cast Bullet Handbook 1st and/or 2nd Edition - have a ?

bedbugbilly
11-14-2014, 09:34 AM
Just have a quick question - I have the 3rd edition of the Lyman Cast Bullet Handbook - my "go to" book for data.

I load 38 Colt Short and 38 Colt Long for plinking out of several of my 38s - I have data and loads that I use but I just got to wondering - did Lyman include either of these cartridges and data in their 1st or 2nd Edition?

Are there any other cartridges that were included in those editions that were dropped when they did the 3rd Edition?

Thanks.

tchepone
11-14-2014, 09:44 AM
bedbugbilly: I have the first edition but do not find either cartridge listed. It goes from 380 Auto to 38 Super to 357 to38 Special to 38 Smith & Wesson.
I don't have the 2nd or 3rd editions so I can't say which cartridges have been dropped.

bedbugbilly
11-14-2014, 10:52 AM
Thank you for looking - I appreciate it. I have the 3rd Edition and they are not in there. I would imagine that they just included the "popular" cartridges and since both the 38 Colt Short & Long are not used that much anymore then it really wasn't worth it to include them.

I have the newest Lee Reloading Manual and if I remember correctly, they devote one page to both (both on same page). I was just curious as if they were in either the 1st or 2nd Edition, I'd try to find a copy and pick it up.

Thanks much for taking the time to look - I greatly appreciate it!

Jim

Guesser
11-14-2014, 10:54 AM
The cartridges are listed in Ideal # 35 and 37, both are post WWII, reproductions are available.