Three44s
11-10-2014, 12:16 PM
A hilarious ice fishing video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtwR_y_yuSQ

Enjoy!

Three 44s

dakotashooter2
11-10-2014, 07:20 PM
About 50 seconds in...trolling on ice.................. also a few good examples of why I don't have one of the tent style shelters. That auger was longer than some of our lakes are deep..........

MaryB
11-11-2014, 02:20 AM
Ice fishing is an excuse to drink beer and play poker. Occasionally catch a fish. Saw many an ice house take off down the lake up on MilLacs, and I saw a pickup go sliding by under the ice when it went through. We had gotten a ride out on the ice cat because it was safer than taking a truck out.

waksupi
11-11-2014, 11:15 AM
I see hundreds of people fishing on some lakes here. Strangely, it is extremely rare to see anyone drinking. I do see what would be considered a tailgate party with food regularly.

fatnhappy
11-11-2014, 11:53 AM
Ice fishing is an excuse to drink beer and play poker. Occasionally catch a fish.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

MT Gianni
11-11-2014, 10:53 PM
I see people fishing outside their tents regularly. I also hook more fish if I can stand up and raise a full length pole over my head when setting a hook. It is a great time whether in a group or by yourself.

MaryB
11-11-2014, 10:58 PM
We would set out tip ups where we could watch them out a window. Can use 2 lines in MN(or could... haven't ice fished for awhile). So sit inside warm playing cards until either a rattle reel inside or a tip up outside went off

waksupi
11-12-2014, 12:43 AM
I see people fishing outside their tents regularly. I also hook more fish if I can stand up and raise a full length pole over my head when setting a hook. It is a great time whether in a group or by yourself.

A lot of us up here have gone to Spider Wire line, especially for fishing over 200 feet. Solid hook set, that you can't get with the mono lines.

Southern Son
11-12-2014, 08:20 AM
I thought that fishing in croc infested tropical creeks in northern Australia was dangerous. I cannot believe that bloke in the white SUV was rocking back and forwards AFTER it had two wheels broken through the ice.