PDA

View Full Version : Range Trip!

TXGunNut
11-10-2014, 01:28 AM
Finally got a little range time with my shooting buddy. Old codger's been having a tough time of it, was good to see him and spend an hour or two with him. He brought a rifle he'd just gotten back from Doug Turnbull, I showed him my latest toys. Range was busy with occasional shooters so we didn't get any shooting in before he had to leave. Some range trips are complete without a shot being fired. Our guns will go on without us, our shooting buddies are only here for a little while, just like us.
I finally got a little shooting in awhile later, mostly confirmation and load development. Ol' Ugly is ready to go hunting, the 99 will have to sit this season out. No biggie, have plenty of rifles that are up to the task.
Hope to slip off and do a bit of hunting with my old bud this season, I hear he cooks an awesome chicken-fried steak and we both enjoy a good single-malt now and then.

popper
11-10-2014, 11:22 AM
Range is the closest I get to a campfire any more, you guys have a good hunt this year.

TXGunNut
11-10-2014, 11:17 PM
Thanks, popper. He's put a lot of work into his deer lease and has two spots hoping his boys will join him. Hasn't had much luck with that so I may try to buy his extra spot for next year. Would be nice to bust a few pigs with the vintage Winchesters we both enjoy but some campfire time sounds great too.

35 shooter
11-10-2014, 11:49 PM
Glad you got some range time in and it's good to hear Ol' Ugly's ready to hunt. Got some time in the woods here today on one of our early primitive openers. Felt good to "get out there".