PDA

View Full Version : Awesome wife

btroj
11-08-2014, 05:39 PM
What else can I say. My wife just spent better than an hour helping me change the oil on the new lathe.

I will say she was a bit unimpressed by the oil that go on the garage floor but she was a huge help.

She isn't delusional or pychotic so it must be love?

Sweetpea
11-08-2014, 06:21 PM
You sure got a keeper...

Mine helps butcher, so I have no complaints.

kungfustyle
11-08-2014, 06:26 PM
Thank God for the ones that got away till I got this keeper. Good woman=good life...:bigsmyl2:

RED333
11-08-2014, 08:11 PM
Good women are hard to find, I found mine 25 years ago.
So just how did yall spill oil on the floor?
Sounds kind of UM funny to me.

cbrick
11-08-2014, 08:26 PM
Wife? I had one of those. I even got a gun for her, best trade I ever made. [smilie=1:

Rick

Bzcraig
11-08-2014, 08:42 PM
Nothing better than a good wife! Mine been puttin up with my caca for 30 years.

btroj
11-08-2014, 10:08 PM
Good women are hard to find, I found mine 25 years ago.
So just how did yall spill oil on the floor?
Sounds kind of UM funny to me.

The lathe was designed with creating a mess in mind. I'm not amazed at all to find out that Chinese engineers are just as dumb as American ones when it comes to design and maintenance. I will be making some sort of catch basin for next time, a funnel just doesn't work.

btroj
11-08-2014, 10:10 PM
Wife? I had one of those. I even got a gun for her, best trade I ever made. [smilie=1:

Rick

Maybe we should get the board to take up a collection and we can buy you one. I'm sure we can find one with under 250 K miles on her.

geargnasher
11-09-2014, 01:59 AM
Hmm, your lathe must have been designed by people who went to the same school that Ford engineers attend.

Your wife must be a saint. I suspect this because she hasn't yet traveled to Texas to pay me back in pain for getting you hooked on cooking up stinky bullet lube experiments.

Gear

Valley Forge
11-09-2014, 02:43 AM
Count your blessings.... And start with her!

Valley Forge
11-09-2014, 02:54 AM
My "Right Wife" ('cause I married the "wrong" one first) is also a keeper. She held the heat gun as I turned the magazine tube on a shotgun last week. God bless these wonderful women because they make us want to be better men and I know I don't deserve her.

6bg6ga
11-09-2014, 07:38 AM
I have been blessed with 42 years with the same woman. She loves to shoot and enjoys guns as much as I do. I like taking her to gun shows where she gets as excited as I do when finding something special. I think the key might just be finding something in common that you both can appreciate instead of being one sided. One of my special memories this summer was watching her shoot my 10mm Glock and liking it. She has always managed to lend a helping hand and it didn't matter if I was changing a blown rear end on the car or fixing the furnace she is always next to me doing something to be helpful.

Ramar
11-09-2014, 08:04 AM
My wife; for 55 years I've been taking her everywhere I go. Some how she always finds her way back home!!!
Ramar

crabo
11-09-2014, 08:22 AM
How to rate your wife or girlfriend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKWmFWRVLlU

I have a unicorn as some of you do.

mold maker
11-09-2014, 09:57 AM
I got really lucky and chose a winner the first time. After 50+ years shes still my help mate, and encourages me in what ever I do. Always available, but never in the way.
I try to do the same for her.

Sweetpea
11-09-2014, 10:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-emcnwUR40

Here you go Brad...

JSnover
11-09-2014, 11:10 AM
change the oil on the new lathe.
Smart. Drain out the metal chips, casting sand, and replace the fish squeezins' with a petroleum-based lube.

Harter66
11-09-2014, 12:34 PM
Lemme see 22 yr W/X1 got 4 kids raised spent me in to a 10k hole and a 425 credit score. X2 cost me just 16k and a slab of soul and I think I'm Running on a 3 valve heart but I got up to a 722 in just 8 yrs. Number 3...... Damned if I'm licensing that again..... But she's been great, lays in the goose pit, claims 8000f mountains, pours ingots,tells me to just write a check or run a card for the mould or the gun or boots orbrass or adecoy spread but only if she gets to play too. She bought me a truck,2 campers, and brags aboutnthen2 160 bucks on rhetoric wall. I owe X 2 $2000 and have 3 grand in the bank 3 payments and and point building card balances.

Now if I had a mill and a lathe to change the oil in she'd be the best.......But we're only 3 yr in so there's still plenty of time for me to get it screwed up properly.

Bt,looks like ya got a keeper

btroj
11-09-2014, 12:38 PM
Smart. Drain out the metal chips, casting sand, and replace the fish squeezins' with a petroleum-based lube.

Used the Mobil that was recommended. The stuff that came out was brown, the stuff that went in was clear. Not too many metal chips came out, not were big.

cbrick
11-09-2014, 12:42 PM
Maybe we should get the board to take up a collection and we can buy you one. I'm sure we can find one with under 250 K miles on her.

If you knew my X you wouldn't be offering to do that to me. Again.

Rick

btroj
11-09-2014, 12:47 PM
If you knew my X you wouldn't be offering to do that to me. Again.

Rick

You sure about that? I have a hell of a sinister side.:shock:

I have met some ex wives where I wondered how they ever got married in the first place. I figured they were either great in bed or a hell of a cook, sure wasn't the personality.

Col4570
11-09-2014, 12:51 PM
I have had mine for 55 years,she tolerates my idiosyncrasies and foibles regarding my shooting.
this joke would go down like a lead brick with her
Two farmers,"what do you recon to this wife swapping lark."
the other "How do you think I got this Pig"

cbrick
11-09-2014, 12:56 PM
You sure about that? I have a hell of a sinister side.:shock:

I have met some ex wives where I wondered how they ever got married in the first place. I figured they were either great in bed or a hell of a cook, sure wasn't the personality.

You are in a very poor profession to have a sinister side. :shock:

Rick

Para82
11-09-2014, 12:57 PM
Have had mine for 25 yrs this August. Best decision I have ever made. I definitely married up.

MtGun44
11-09-2014, 01:00 PM
Brad,

Congratulations, sir. Finding the right wife is literally the joy of a lifetime. I lucked out, too, and
mine is amazing, and puts up with my periodic stupidness and my hobbies and joins in and
enjoys most of it.

Bill

btroj
11-09-2014, 01:14 PM
You are in a very poor profession to have a sinister side. :shock:

Rick

Oh, I keep it under control at work. This is different.:bigsmyl2:

cbrick
11-09-2014, 01:16 PM
I'll never trust a pharmacist again. :-|

Rick

btroj
11-09-2014, 01:22 PM
I'll never trust a pharmacist again. :-|

Rick

Not even the hottie at the local store? If she gives advice on medications, trust her. If she asks for a date, do it. If she wants to get married, run like hell.

merlin101
11-09-2014, 01:27 PM
The lathe was designed with creating a mess in mind. I'm not amazed at all to find out that Chinese engineers are just as dumb as American ones when it comes to design and maintenance. I will be making some sort of catch basin for next time, a funnel just doesn't work.
I don't know your situation but try keeping a piece of old lead sheeting around for times like this.
It works great just bend or fold to fit you can clamp it in place and just let the oil drip out.
NAPA sells a small 6"x10" lead sheet covered in plastic for about $20 but I was cheap and use my own.

BTW my wife helps pick up range turds, aint she great?

btroj
11-09-2014, 01:29 PM
Lead sheet would have been good. I plan to cut a plastic bottle so I can use the opened side to catch the oil and the complete top with lid to hold it.

cbrick
11-09-2014, 01:32 PM
She wasn't there last time I went in. :-( Wouldn't do her any good to ask me for a date. She's married and I don't mess with married women, if she wants to destroy her marriage by cheating she'll have to do it with someone else. That however doesn't include looking, if she has it to show off and does who am I to not oblige her and not look? [smilie=1:

Rick

btroj
11-09-2014, 01:40 PM
Forgot she was married. Not looking would be rude.

geargnasher
11-09-2014, 04:02 PM
I told my wife if I ever stop looking at the ladies who like to show off what they have, she'd better get me to a doctor and find out what's wrong with me.

A wife can either make or break you. My first one broke the hell out of me. Eight years later, the love of my life found me, took me in like a stray dog, and has lifted me to heights I never would have known. A good marriage takes a lot of solid, hard work, honesty, respect, letting go of false pride, and above all communication. I enjoy the company I keep when I'm alone, even for years at a time, but not nearly as much as the company I have kept for years with the same good woman. YMMV.

Gear

cbrick
11-09-2014, 11:35 PM
I told my wife if I ever stop looking at the ladies who like to show off what they have, she'd better get me to a doctor and find out what's wrong with me. Gear

They would need to find out when I had died. :coffeecom

Rick

TXGunNut
11-10-2014, 02:10 AM
I've encountered a few good women in my life. Somehow ran off every single one except my mom, she's stuck with me. I have a nice place, some nice toys, I'm awesome in the kitchen and passable in the laundry room. I don't need a woman around the house but when the right one comes along I hope I don't blow it. I'm too old to wait for another one.

MaLar
11-10-2014, 02:13 AM

And who do you think they copied?

popper
11-10-2014, 11:42 AM
When you find one that will really help replace a twin cam head & is a Betty Crocker replacement, keep her. Not being able to shoot just leaves me more ammo.

blackthorn
11-10-2014, 12:04 PM
My awesome wife has been stuck with me for 22 years (married for 20)!! It is her birthday today. I got her a purse she liked. We don't do a lot of fuss over "special" days (gift wise) just sort of try to make every day "special"! So if we see something the other would like it usually arrives no matter what day of the year it is. We are both on our second marriage! This time is SOOOOO much better!!! Those of us who have awesome wives are so blessed.