PDA

View Full Version : Good news/bad news

HarryT
11-08-2014, 10:47 AM
The results of my stress test are in. The good news is I have a life time supply of 22 rimfire ammunition. The bad news is I don't have a lot of 22 rimfire ammunition.

Beagle333
11-08-2014, 10:56 AM
That's certainly a different way of looking at it, Harry. What'd they tell ya? Is it repairable?

JSnover
11-08-2014, 11:27 AM
When I was a lot younger I used to say "The bad news is I'm dying. The good news is it will probably take 50-60 years to do it."
Get a second opinion if you haven't already. Or just ignore the doctor and live another 20 years like my mother did when she was diagnosed with lymphoma.
Good luck, Harry. I hope the news is not as bad as it seems.

Hickory
11-08-2014, 11:31 AM
The results of my stress test are in. The good news is I have a life time supply of 22 rimfire ammunition. The bad news is I don't have a lot of 22 rimfire ammunition.

Sounds a lot like my heart Dr. told 3 weeks ago.

Harter66
11-08-2014, 11:59 AM
Geeze, Harry
I hate to hear a guy is off his feed. We don't shoot much 22 so what I've on hand will probably hold me 8-9 yrs. More probably as the 7 yo is a giant.

Live like ya own every day and leave the the time line to the big guy with the clock.

Wayne Smith
11-08-2014, 12:08 PM
So, did the MD give you any hope? There are a lot of things we can do and a lot of things a MD can do with a bad heart, depending on how it's bad.

RED333
11-08-2014, 01:19 PM
Praying for good things.

HarryT
11-08-2014, 01:51 PM
Thanks for the kind words. My heart just isn't pumping enough blood to keep me active. I've been having breathing problems for a year or so. At 65, I'm content with the diagnosis. The computer says I have a 45% chance of seeing another five years, the MD says I could live to be 100. I've had a great life: born poor, fought a few wars, loved a few women, had fast cars/motorcycles, straight shooting guns, faithful dogs, and great friends. If I can't think of any words of wisdom before I go, tell they I said something important.

Artful
11-08-2014, 03:20 PM
You hang in there - I see lot's of folk here in Arizona that seem to be getting around just fine even though they can't breath real good anymore - that's what them O2 bottles and powered chairs are for.

smokeywolf
11-08-2014, 04:26 PM
Sounds to me like you've got a lot more wisdom in there that you should pass on before you give up and pass on. Stick around. When it comes to possessions, they say that you can't take them with you. When it comes to knowledge, you absolutely should not take that with you. You need to stay as long as you can and pass along as much knowledge as you can. One of the saddest things I can think of is the knowledge lost when old timers like us move onward and upward to the happy hunting grounds without first passing on as much of their knowledge and wisdom as possible.

As was done in centuries past, share and convey your experiences and knowledge with children and grandchildren. If you don't have children and grandchildren of your own tell them to the children and grandchildren of friends.

smokeywolf

Bzcraig
11-08-2014, 09:13 PM
Thanks for the kind words. My heart just isn't pumping enough blood to keep me active. I've been having breathing problems for a year or so. At 65, I'm content with the diagnosis. The computer says I have a 45% chance of seeing another five years, the MD says I could live to be 100. I've had a great life: born poor, fought a few wars, loved a few women, had fast cars/motorcycles, straight shooting guns, faithful dogs, and great friends. If I can't think of any words of wisdom before I go, tell they I said something important.

Sounds to me like you need some more .22rf. Praying that every day you have remaining is full of life and love!

exile
11-08-2014, 09:19 PM
Praying for you.

exile

Superfly
11-08-2014, 09:32 PM
You know A few 21 year old hotties will get that ticker pumping a lot of blood guraunteed LOL.

Hope you can get some stuff figured out and maybe get a better opinion on what the Doc says

And Remember that Docs are WRONG every Day. And they Do Guess a lot hoping there right.

take it easy and be safe.

MaryB
11-08-2014, 10:14 PM
Modern meds can do a lot to keep you running, my friends mother was diagnosed like you 20 years ago. Since then she has survived 2 bouts of cancer and is still kicking.

smoked turkey
11-09-2014, 01:31 AM
Harry I see that several of us are praying for the good Lord to give you a chance to enjoy even more of life than you have in the past. That is a good thing because the effectual, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.. James 5:16. So go buy some more 22 LR (if you can find them) and get shootin'.

Wayne Smith
11-09-2014, 09:09 AM
Sounds like you are going to have to develop a more paced, deliberate, contemplative lifestyle. No more running after the hotties, you can't catch them! Effeciency and planning might become your watchwords.

mold maker
11-09-2014, 09:43 AM
Don't ever quit chasing the Hot-ties. Ya just have to be a little more sly in the approach.

Echo
11-09-2014, 11:14 AM
I couldn't finish my stress test in '06, so they took a chain saw to my sternum & did a double bypass. A couple of minor complications, but my cardiologist is bored with me, not presenting any anomolies, and pressing on...
Same to you fella - let the MD's do their thing, and you will be OK...

TXGunNut
11-09-2014, 12:41 PM
Shot my first .22's in quite some time last month, I could very well have a lifetime supply as well even tho it's a rather small stash. Not needing to go looking for .22 ammo gives you more time to focus on other, more important things. News like yours makes every day more precious, but we all know that computers are programmed and operated by fallible humans. Don't be a statistic, be someone with a will and reason to live.