PDA

View Full Version : lost my papaw, please pray for my family and me

number7tn
11-07-2014, 01:56 PM
this morning at around 9;15 my papaw passed away , he would have been 85 in january. doctors said they did all they could. there is a long story but i just cant type it now , my momma is taking it harder than anyone so far and i think she is waiting on her brother b4 they tell my mamaw. i lost both my grandparents on my dads side in 99, it is a bad feeling. but i know he was a man that had JESUS in him , i dont know of any , i mean any that could say a harsh word about him. he will be missed badly, but i do know he is with JESUS now and his family and friends that has gone b4.
i have been very sick and still am so i might not reply for a while but please pray for us all. thank you, i put this here as i feel like youall on this site is family, even tho i never met or even taked to some i still think of youall as family. may GOD BLESS
thank you all.
Darrell

bobby65
11-07-2014, 02:07 PM
I will be praying for you and your family.
Bobby

pworley1
11-07-2014, 02:10 PM
Sorry for your loss Bobby.

jmort
11-07-2014, 02:14 PM
Praying for you and your family. Sounds like a great man and look forward to seeing him in heaven.

RED333
11-07-2014, 07:29 PM
O Lord, please look after all that want your blessings.

Hogtamer
11-07-2014, 09:13 PM
Absent in the body but at home with the Lord! Speaks well of your family that you are so close. Prayers for MaMaw and you friend!

obssd1958
11-07-2014, 09:23 PM
Darrell,
You and your family will be in my prayers. Good men are hard to come by these days, so we share some in your loss.

Don

smokeywolf
11-07-2014, 09:33 PM
Sorry for your loss Darrell

rockrat
11-07-2014, 09:41 PM
Sorry for your loss and will say a prayer for you and your family for strength thru these times.

shoot-n-lead
11-07-2014, 09:48 PM
Sorry to hear this. Prayers for the family.

Bzcraig
11-08-2014, 12:39 AM
Will most certainly pray for you and your family brother

number7tn
11-10-2014, 03:28 AM
I want to thank each and every one of you, it is tough, but your prayers and thoughts has helped more than any of you know. I pray that GOD will bless each and every one of you in a special way more than any can imagen.
my mamaw is doing better than i thought so far, they got married in may of 49, and i could probably count the days on one hand that they wasnt together since then. they never had a fight, sure they might have dissagreed at some things thats natural , but i remember one day a person ask mamaw if they ever had a fight , she said no, the person said thats hard to believe , mamaw said well i start at one end of the tobaccow patch and him at the other , and by time we meet in the middle were too tired to fight.
my papaw told me about a year or so ago when mamaw was in the hospital, he was crying cause he missed her so bad , he looked at me and said she is my sweetheart. and they truely was , sweethearts.
i couldnt bring myself to go to the funeral, but there was about 200 people there from knoxville , my cousin from texas, friends from north and south carolina,,, they just had grav e side services and the preacher was just a teen when he first met my papaw, his papaw was our preacher then , he was a great man too and him and papaw and mamaw were the best of friends, but he passed away a couple years ago but his grandsom learnt the old fashoon way , and was called by GOD to be a preacher, he is a great mam, and today at the service he told everyone if hoover (my papaw) would have ever called and woke him up and told him the sun was blue , he said he would not have even looked to see , he said he would know it was because my papaw was so honest.

im sorry bout the long reply, i guess i just wish in a way you all could have known him. there just dont seem to be many of the good simple hard working honest TRUE CHRISTIAN'S left like i grew up with.
ill quit before i wear this keyboard out, and any and all prayers will surely be very much appriciated.
i hope all has the best week you have ever had and ill say again , may GOD put a special blessing on every one of you.
thank you all my brothers.
take care, GOD BLESS
Darrell

w5pv
11-10-2014, 09:56 AM
Knee mail sent

brassrat
11-10-2014, 08:26 PM
Sorry about your heavy loss and of the families. You sure are a good man from a fine family, lead by God.

buckwheatpaul
11-10-2014, 09:09 PM
Darrell, I know how special grand dads can be....you have my sympathies and my prayers.....

number7tn
11-12-2014, 08:03 AM
I want to thank each and every one of you, it means so much to me and my family.
i told my mamaw of this and that some of the best people from all over the U.S and maybe even other places was praying, she smiled and said thanks . that made my day when i saw her smile again.

i want to say it is hard but at the same time i know papaw is home.
i also know there is others going thru it too, loosing loved ones is hard , but if you know they was right with the LORD , that is a great feeling.
again thank you all. hope all has a great day and a great week. take care. thanks again my friends, my brothers.
GOD BLESS
Darrell

Bullfrog
11-23-2014, 08:46 AM
My own father is having health issues, though for now he is still with us, but I read postings such as yours and I am forced to wonder how I will prevail when his time comes. I can offer up a prayer for you and your family with hope that mercy and grace are poured out from the Lord himself and comfort that you will see your father again. I am humbled by your expression of faith and I know the Lord is well pleased with the legacy your father left.

DLCTEX
11-23-2014, 09:27 PM
Prayers sent, words fail me.