PDA

View Full Version : Range day

nemesisenforcer
11-06-2014, 09:20 PM
Spent about 2 hours at the range today with my Winchester 30-06, my dad, his M1 Carbine, and some CB and copper sheathed projectiles.

My dad's dad isn't doing well and may not have much longer so I took him out to get his mind off things for awhile.

Reality inevitably intruded at the end but it was nice while it lasted.

Okie73
11-06-2014, 09:39 PM
Range time doesn't make the reality go away but it can help make it more bearable.

blademasterii
11-06-2014, 10:37 PM
My father has parkinsons and 4 herniated disks. I've started taking him fishing with me to the beach every saturday. Make the most of the time you have. Took him to the range a few months ago, was a total reversal from my youth. He was shooting my suppressed .357 lever with single shots and I was handing him ammo. It was exactly the opposite of us 30 years ago. I learned to shoot with a single shot .22 lever. He gets exercise walking on the beach and we all get memories that cannot be replaced. I get video every time he catches a fish. As much as you are taking his mind off his father, keep your mind on the memories you are making now with yours. Took him to the beach a few weeks ago and we fished the dawn together for the first time in 25 years. Lucky for us the blues were running and we both got fish. Great time, great memories.

lbaize3
11-07-2014, 03:17 PM
I so very much miss my dad. Thoughts of us catching redfish or bass or just crappie come to mind often. Every time I clean a gun or shoot one I remember the many times dad and I shot or hunted together. The memories always bring good thoughts and feelings of love and a tad bit of sadness at his passing.

1Shirt
11-07-2014, 03:33 PM
Okie73 pretty much hit it on the head!
1Shirt!