PDA

View Full Version : Stevie

richhodg66
11-06-2014, 07:53 AM
A young man my family has known quite a while through our church is in the hospital with pneumonia he can't seem to shake. He's already been transferred from the little hospital in his hometown to a bigger one in Manhattan and is in their ICU now. My wife filled me in on this last night.

Stevie is about 30, but had many challenges and his whole life and is pretty severely disabled, both physically and mentally. I still think of him as a young child because that is about where he is developmentally, but he will get up and pray publicly and has a child like faith most of us will never have no matter how hard we want to. He's definitely been a light and inspiration to many and there's no doubt in my mind that God has reached a lot of people through him.

He's beaten the odds his whole life. Talking to his folks, before he was born, the doctors said the pregnancy wouldn't make it full term, and he did. He was in the hospital his first several months of life, doctors said he wouldn't survive infancy and he did. Then it was, he won't make five years old, then not adulthood, etc. You get the picture. His folks are very good people, a few years older than me, maybe mid 50s and he's their only child. I truly hate to think of the affect this is having on them now. We went out and visited him on Sunday afternoon before he took the turn for the worse and he was his usual self and wanted to go home. My wife went to see him last night at the bigger hospital and said he talked a lot about funerals and dying (his conversations aren't always clear and connected and she communicates with him better than me). I'm kind of worried he may have thrown in the towel.

I don't spend nearly as much time in this part of the forum as I should though I am a Christian and church is an important part of my life. My faith isn't nearly as strong as it should be, God is still working on me. I do believe in prayer and, more importantly, so does Stevie. If you guys could add this young man and his folks to your prayer lists, I would sure appreciate it and know he and his folks would too.

RED333
11-06-2014, 08:23 AM
Prays for Stevie and yall

nekshot
11-06-2014, 09:43 AM
my prayers are with you all for Steve

DLCTEX
11-06-2014, 11:43 AM
Praying for Stevie.

Bullfrog
11-07-2014, 08:03 AM
Prayers for Stevie, his family, and you Rich.

Hickok
11-07-2014, 09:11 AM
In the name of Jesus, prayers for the well being of Stevie and his family.