PDA

View Full Version : Computer & circuit broad scrape metels for boolit alloy's

terryt
11-06-2014, 01:55 AM
Hi;

Has anyone used computer & circuit broad scrape metals to alloy boolit metal?

Thanks,

Terryt

Cmm_3940
11-06-2014, 07:05 AM
That would be a lot of scraping for an itty bit of solder.

popper
11-06-2014, 10:26 AM
yea, take the boards to the scrapper & use the $$ to buy components. Or you could chop them up, burn the stuff to recover the silver & gold.

Garyshome
11-06-2014, 10:36 AM
Gold in boolits?

Cmm_3940
11-06-2014, 10:45 AM
yea, take the boards to the scrapper & use the $$ to buy components. Or you could chop them up, burn the stuff to recover the silver & gold.

That may work well for millions of Chinese peasants, but personally I would disrecommend burning any sort of circuit board due to the nasty toxic carcenogenic soup produced by burning fiberglass, lead, gallium, arsenic, cadmium, germanium, and other semiconductor elements.

popper
11-06-2014, 06:04 PM
Guess I shoulda put the jerking your chain next to that statement, however, that is what the scrappers are after. No, you don't want to do it. Lots of nasty stuff used to reclaim the silver & gold, to high purity.

bangerjim
11-06-2014, 06:39 PM
Forget it.....a big waste of your time!

No one is that hard up for solder!

bangerjim

terryt
11-06-2014, 09:38 PM
Hi:

Thanks everyone for saving me a lot of time and money.

Terryt

MaryB
11-06-2014, 10:45 PM
Need a shredder to turn them into tiny pieces, a stack scrubber to keep from poising everyone as the acids do their thing, a way to dispose of toxic metals that will be in solution....

2manygunz
11-07-2014, 09:55 PM
Years back, We had a customer complaining of high pressure signs with his cast bullets, then he "stuck" one in the bore and brought us the gun to remove the lodged bullet for him. We figured the careful use of a brass rod and a few taps with a mallet and problem solved. Boy, what a job. I think we finally got hold of a barrel drill bit and carefully drilled through the obstruction and picked the remaining ring of "lead out of the rifling.
Turned out this guys' brother was a scrapper and donated the solder he removed from electronics for bullet casting. It would have been just the ticket for hunting werewolves. It was something like 12% silver and harder than all get out. We have advised against using reclaimed casting materiel from circuit boards ever since.