PDA

View Full Version : Moms Treasures II

gpidaho
11-04-2014, 07:19 PM
As I've posted before, my old momma loves to patrol the thrift stores looking for treasure. While she's there I have her on the look-out for junk pewter and such for me. A good find is a real joy for her (At 84yrs. fun is somewhat harder to come by than it once was) She dropped by this afternoon with a brand new Oster hotplate she found at the Youth Ranch (A local charity for disadvantaged youth) One of the nice ones with the solid top. In a pie tin it melts linotype at the Med. setting and pure lead 1/3 of the way up to High. It should be perfect for preheating moulds and alloy. Momma's love their boys even when the boys are old and retired. GP

tomme boy
11-04-2014, 10:56 PM
I hear ya on the lovin part. My mother still shows up at my house with new clothes for me. She can't stand it to see holes in my clothes or if they are stained.

TXGunNut
11-05-2014, 12:11 AM
I hear ya on the lovin part. My mother still shows up at my house with new clothes for me. She can't stand it to see holes in my clothes or if they are stained.

Kinda the other way for me and my mom these days. I dropped off her laundry tonight, dunno what she fed that one shirt but I almost had to get her a new one, lol.