PDA

View Full Version : No Help From Castboolits.

Hickory
11-03-2014, 10:37 AM
I lost my pass word to my Kindle last week and have asked 4 times to get a new one because the old one doesn't seem to work.
I have tried to explain the issue when attempting to get another and have gotten no response from anyone.
I have given my e-mail address for my home computer as well as my Kindle, and have heard nothing, not even in my Personal message account.
Is anyone out there to help me or maybe I'm on some sort of black list?

fishhawk
11-03-2014, 10:45 AM
Well this is the first i have heard about this. As far as I know the password you used to get in here now should work on your kindle (does for my wife's) If you lost the pass word for your kindle thats a amazon problem not a thing we can do. steve k

Hickory
11-03-2014, 10:50 AM
This is the first and only response I have gotten so far.
Still no password to get me back on line, I think the one I have is outdated.

Wayne Smith
11-03-2014, 11:06 AM
Which Kindle? What does your kindle account have to do with Castboolits? Kindle accounts are Amazon, your Amazon password, your kindle password, and your CastBoolits password should all be different. Your Amazon password should be frequently updated as it is a financial password.

WILCO
11-03-2014, 11:34 AM
:popcorn:[smilie=s::popcorn:

fishhawk
11-03-2014, 12:19 PM
If you can't get online with your kindle that's nothing to do with cast boolits that's a Amazon problem and we can't help at all with that.

MT Gianni
11-03-2014, 12:45 PM
If it is a kindle issue they can help you reboot and you get everything you had stored in your cloud. If you had other items transferred to it, not from Amazon, you are out of luck with those.

bikerbeans
11-03-2014, 12:47 PM
Maybe a dumb question, but if you are logged onto your CB account via your laptop or computer and then without logging off you try to log on with a tablet or kindle is that possible?

BB

oneokie
11-03-2014, 12:53 PM
Maybe a dumb question, but if you are logged onto your CB account via your laptop or computer and then without logging off you try to log on with a tablet or kindle is that possible?

BB

Not that I am aware of. I use multiple computers to access the site, some are public use computers that delete browsing history and cookies on exit, thus I have to enter my log in information each time I use those.

montana_charlie
11-03-2014, 01:45 PM
I lost my pass word to my Kindle last week and have asked 4 times to get a new one because the old one doesn't seem to work.
I have tried to explain the issue when attempting to get another and have gotten no response from anyone.
I have given my e-mail address for my home computer as well as my Kindle, and have heard nothing, not even in my Personal message account.
Is anyone out there to help me or maybe I'm on some sort of black list?
I just looked back through all of your posts for the month of October, and this is the first time you have mentioned your problem here.

You may have been asking for help ... but not here where we would know it.

CM

southpaw
11-03-2014, 01:51 PM
I am gonna go out on a limb here and guess that you are using a computer that saved your password that you have forgetten and trying to log onto cb with your kindle but cannot remember the password? If so, why not click the forgot password button and have it sent to your email?

Jerry Jr.

Hickory
11-03-2014, 02:20 PM
OK, I'll start at the beginning,
Last week I was on my Kindle HD 7" and on line at the Castboolit web page.
When I tapped the "New Post" button, which is right above the "Log Out" button I happened to drag my finger tip across the log out button, and as I was withdrawing my finger this is when the little box appeared. I guess I touched the OK button as well. This is why I need a password, this is how I lost it.
Not too hard to figure out how this can happen and it is not a problem with Amazon.

I just can't figure out why I can not get any help from anyone, only suspicious criticism.

gtgeorge
11-03-2014, 02:56 PM
As was said ear;ier in this thread, reset your password by visiting the reset pass page. If you need it here is the link:
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/login.php?do=lostpw

tryNto
11-03-2014, 04:50 PM
So you are using a different user name for cb on your Kindle?
I'm guessing the page layout is different from Computer to Kindle? as the log out is one click under the user name.

If the user name is the same and you can login from your Computer, it is not a password problem.

starmac
11-03-2014, 05:37 PM
I think is his home computer, or what ever he is own now remembers his password, so that he doesn't have to use it when logging in, and he accidently logged off on his kindle, and doesn't remember it to get back to log back on. It would be the same if he logged off on the computer he is on now, he wouldn't be able to log back in without either remembering his password, or getting a new one.

Hickory
11-03-2014, 05:47 PM
I think is his home computer, or what ever he is own now remembers his password, so that he doesn't have to use it when logging in, and he accidently logged off on his kindle, and doesn't remember it to get back to log back on. It would be the same if he logged off on the computer he is on now, he wouldn't be able to log back in without either remembering his password, or getting a new one.

Finally, someone not only shooting at the target, but, hitting the 10 ring.

southpaw
11-03-2014, 05:59 PM
Finally, someone not only shooting at the target, but, hitting the 10 ring.

Sounds alot like what I posted earlier.

Did you reset your password yet? The link gtgeorge provided works.

Jerry Jr.

Cmm_3940
11-03-2014, 06:06 PM
You are posting here now. So obviously you are online and have access to a computer with the CB password still stored. Go to the UserCP and change your password.

Hickory
11-03-2014, 06:19 PM
Sounds alot like what I posted earlier.

Did you reset your password yet? The link gtgeorge provided works.

Jerry Jr.

I tried 4 different times.
Fishhawk PM'ed me several hrs ago and said he'd send me a password.
He has both of my e-mails, so far nothing.

Going to the gunstore, I'll check back tomorrow.

Hickory
11-03-2014, 06:20 PM
You are posting here now. So obviously you are online and have access to a computer with the CB password still stored. Go to the UserCP and change your password.

I seem to have logged off of my Kindle and it has not affected the desk top computer.

fishhawk
11-03-2014, 06:22 PM
check your spam filter. it's been sent hours ago.

Cmm_3940
11-03-2014, 06:29 PM
Does your Kindle automatically capitalize the first letter of what you type? My iPad sometimes does this with passwords. If the password is case sensitive, this can screw you up.

jsizemore
11-03-2014, 07:58 PM
My messages from castboolits that are sent to my email go to spam.

waksupi
11-03-2014, 08:43 PM
My messages from castboolits that are sent to my email go to spam.

Add Cast Boolits to your contacts list, they should hit the in box then.

Gunload Master
11-03-2014, 08:55 PM
I did receive your messages from you, I updated your e-mail address to the one that you were sending me messages from and I sent you a few password reminders to both e-mail addresses you had. I tried to help you out buddy, it does sound like the e-mails are all getting trapped in your SPAM folder. Make sure to add webmaster@gunloads.com to your approved e-mail list.

Hickory
11-04-2014, 08:20 AM
check your spam filter. it's been sent hours ago.

I checked my spam filter and found the email.
Sent the email to computer address.
Opened the email,
Clicked on the link to receive password.
Got this massage;

The address that you have used to request a new password is not valid. Please request a new password be sent to you by using this form (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/login.php?do=lostpw).

You might want to try other address.

walltube
11-04-2014, 12:09 PM
Kindle shmindle. Passwords, cusswords. Oy! [smilie=l: Where's my rotary dial Western Electric telephone?!

"Dear Abby" must be laughing her buttocks off right about now.

Sorry for your angst Mr. Hickory. Don't get too old too fast.

With All Due Respect,
Harold

fishhawk
11-04-2014, 12:21 PM
use the same address you used when you registered......

Outpost75
11-05-2014, 09:06 PM
I feel better after reading this. I thought I was the onlt old fud who was too stupid to use an Android device......