PDA

View Full Version : Moved to Florida (Clearwater/Tampa) Need a Mentor :-)

mooney
10-31-2014, 12:56 AM
I've been a member here since 2009, lurking on and off, started collecting all the gear for casting and reloading, made my first 50 BOOLITS, really enjoyed it, but had to close my family business, then unemployed for about 2 years :cry:, had top sell my more valuable guns and rifles, moved to Pittsburgh for work and then transferred to Florida. Had to put the casting and reloading aside for a while. I want to get back into Casting/reloading/shooting now that I am back on my feet again here in Palm Harbor, Florida :bigsmyl2:

I have 5 of the Dick Dastardly .45 colt pistol and rifle molds and his lub, 3 heavy USPS boxes of lead ingots from eBay, a Lee bottom pour smelter, and then a bunch of reloading gear for .45 colt and 12 gauge. I never got to reloading either so that is new for me as well. I chose .45 colt for casting because I wanted to get into Cowboy Action Shooting and liked the big caliber. I have the guns, rifle, and derringer all in .45 colt.

If anyone is close by and is willing to help me get up to speed, I'd be forever indebted and willing to work out something in trade or even payment for some mentoring and casting/reloading/shooting camaraderie. If you are into Cowboy Action Shooting locally even better ;) I need to finally get my feet wet with that style of shooting event.

PM me if you might be willing and able to help.

Thanks in advance,

Mooney

kungfustyle
10-31-2014, 05:57 AM
Welcome to the board, there are a lot of great people here. Ask and get what you need. I'm about two hours from you if you don't have someone that is closer get with you maybe I can help you out. Might be a bit before I can get down there...PM me and we can exchange #'s. At least I can help you out over the phone.

mooney
10-31-2014, 03:23 PM
Thanks Kumgfustyle for the quick reply and offer to help I will pm you tonight, thank you ��

D Crockett
11-03-2014, 12:57 AM
mooney I live right down the road from you in Bradenton pm me and let me know if I can help you D Crockett

mooney
11-03-2014, 01:22 PM
mooney I live right down the road from you in Bradenton pm me and let me know if I can help you D Crockett

Will do D Crockett, thank you. I'm reading though the Glen E. Fryxell casting book now before making any more boolits. I'm sure I'll have some questions along the way. Thanks for the offer to help. I'll PM you some questions.