PDA

View Full Version : Eric Frein Captured Alive!

Artful
10-30-2014, 07:24 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/US/fbi-wanted-fugitive-eric-frein-captured-alive/story?id=26587018

Accused cop killer and one of the FBI's most wanted fugitives Eric Frein has been captured alive, sources told ABC News tonight.

Both a federal law enforcement source and a Pennsylvania law enforcement source confirmed that Frein, 31, is in custody.

It has been "a very good day," the Pennsylvania law enforcement source said.

Frein had eluded authorities since Sept. 12, when he allegedly killed one Pennsylvania state trooper and injured another during an ambush of the Blooming Grove police barracks.

Police had conducted a manhunt for weeks in the woods of the Pocono Mountains. Police believed Frein, a self-trained survivalist from nearby Canadensis, escaped to the woods. They found two pipe bombs, an AK-47, ammunition and various food and supplies they believe belong to the suspect.

On Tuesday, police investigated a possible sighting of Frein made by a resident in Barrett Township, said Trooper Connie Devens, a spokesperson for the Pennsylvania State Police.

histed
10-30-2014, 07:26 PM
Praise the Lord! About time this nut job got stopped

dkf
10-30-2014, 07:31 PM
That is what they say. Or did they catch Tully for like the 30th time thinking he was Frein.

histed
10-30-2014, 07:35 PM
Don't think its Tully. Fox 43 (local station) is claiming they received an email from the PSP around 7:00 this evening
http://fox43.com/2014/10/30/fugitive-eric-frein-captured-alive-in-monroe-county/

captaint
10-31-2014, 11:08 AM
They put him in the handcuffs that belonged to the officer he murdered and drove him off in the officers squad car. They're seeking the death sentence. He'll never get executed. Well, maybe.

dilly
10-31-2014, 12:13 PM
Every time I see this story, it begs the question
Would the authorities care anywhere near this much if someone who wasn't a cop died?

Oh wait, it happens all the time and they don't shut down hunting seasons, ban trick or treating, and undergo thousand person manhunts.

jmort
10-31-2014, 12:19 PM
I was witness to what happened here in california when christopher dorner was on the run. Insane. Shot up three citizens, white guy, two hispanic ladies who did not look so much like a big black guy.

Ithaca Gunner
10-31-2014, 12:43 PM
Would the authorities care anywhere near this much if someone who wasn't a cop died?

Oh wait, it happens all the time and they don't shut down hunting seasons, ban trick or treating, and undergo thousand person manhunts.

My thoughts exactly.

cbrick
10-31-2014, 12:55 PM

I was witness to what happened here in california when christopher dorner was on the run. Insane. Shot up three citizens, white guy, two hispanic ladies who did not look so much like a big black guy.

While I certainly don't condone killing cops the disparity between a dead cop and a dead citizen is huge. When it's a cop they'll spend millions of tax payer dollars and pool all resources to the exclusion of most all else. When it's a citizen . . . Well, not so much huh?

While a dead cop is of course a horrible thing the truth is that there are a lot of professions deadlier than police work, even taxi drivers are murdered more often than cops but ya don't hear much about that.

Rick

Beagle333
10-31-2014, 01:09 PM
My take on it: If somebody kills a cop, they'll kill anybody, and therefore are a greater threat than the guy who just killed his ex-wife/gf, boss, or rival drug dealer.
The theory is that the cop killer is a person who is just getting started and needs stopped fast, and the other guy has probably done what he wanted to do and they just have to track him down at some point.

(Glad they got this dude!)

dilly
10-31-2014, 01:30 PM
I am glad they got this guy too Beagle333. That officer's life was valuable, even if it was no more valuable than yours or mine. I'm also glad all the craziness of this hunt has been put to an end for the sake of the people who live in the area.

The fact that he actively targeted a police officer and no one else makes me wonder if he had some sort of revolution fantasy. Like he thought he was going to spark the rebellion and bring down the regime. The media tries to make him sound crazy like that at least, but I don't generally believe everything they say.

There are a surprising number of people on this forum who can't wait for the fighting to begin.

merlin101
10-31-2014, 01:42 PM
I wonder who gets the $175,000 reward?

Dale in Louisiana
10-31-2014, 02:03 PM
Seven weeks and several thousand man-hours to catch ONE... Clearly the police are not the super-competent, all-powerful entity that we're supposed to be so scared of. That is, unless a SWAT team shows up at your door at 2 AM because somebody reported you as being a 'close terrorist' as evidenced by all that shooting stuff you're hoarding. Or they have the wrong address on the warrant.

dale in Louisiana

dkf
10-31-2014, 02:20 PM
Frein is a first class ***** that had a grudge with law enforcement. He didn't care about "civilians". Throughout the last 7 or so weeks Frein had opportunity to kill more LE along with "civilians", but did not. I fugure he would be caught manhunt or no manhunt.

Beagle333
10-31-2014, 02:25 PM
...all that shooting stuff you're hoarding.

I'm not hoarding! :shock: I had to buy this much to qualify for the discount. Really! :bigsmyl2:

dkf
10-31-2014, 02:37 PM
I'm not hoarding! :shock: I had to buy this much to qualify for the discount. Really! :bigsmyl2:

I prefer to tell them what I buy is none of their f'in business. You use the discount excuse on the wife.:cry:

starmac
10-31-2014, 02:46 PM
If he had it in for law or was trying to start a revolution, why is he didn't kill any in this huge manhunt. I am thinking there is more to this story than we have been told, and he likely had specific targets for some reason.

It has been a lot of years ago, but a guy caught a cop in bed with his wife and killed them both. He was charged with murder for his wife, but capital murder for the guy she was fooling around because he was leo.
This was in the vicinity of Bryan Texas.

Herb in Pa
10-31-2014, 02:59 PM
It's unfortunate he didn't come out feet first. Pennsylvania's death penalty is a farce.....it will lead to a costly trial and even more costly appeals. Lesko and Travaglia went on a killing spree in the 70's including a police office and these two sorry ***'s are still wasting our oxygen!!!

nekshot
10-31-2014, 03:08 PM
what a wuss, all the fuss he made and didn't go down in flames!!! Shame none of the police didn't trip with there safety off and drill the wuss and save us all alot of money and him getting the holly wood parade by 60 min or some other dumb show.

Gavetta
10-31-2014, 03:12 PM
i feel bad for the dead officer and the wounded officers families.the two young men just suited up and were going out to do their job. this deranged man shot them not randomly but because they were police officers.

starmac
10-31-2014, 03:27 PM
Not taking up for him, but we have no idea why he shot them. I'm thinking he had ample oppurnity to shoot more at random, but didn't and even gave up peacefully, kind of like he didn't want to hurt anybody.

Ofcoarse, he could have been a raving lunatic that dreamed of shooting leo's, then just didn't take to killing after all.

cbrick
10-31-2014, 03:39 PM
It's unfortunate he didn't come out feet first. Pennsylvania's death penalty is a farce.....it will lead to a costly trial and even more costly appeals. Lesko and Travaglia went on a killing spree in the 70's including a police office and these two sorry ***'s are still wasting our oxygen!!!

Hhmmm . . . Perhaps Pennsylvania has adopted California's death penalty. California has a rock solid method of execution that is even more guaranteed than the latest drugs but does take longer. They use old age, sooner or later the guy will have sat there long enough to kick off on his own.

Rick

DoubleAdobe
10-31-2014, 04:35 PM
I do like the tradition of using the slain officer's handcuffs and patrol car to take this dolt to the cross bar Hilton.
As to the assertion of some that too much is made of an officer's murder, think back on some of the more heinous child murderers. No expense spared there either, and that's the way it should be. Some people have a lot of heartburn about police in general, oh well.

cbrick
10-31-2014, 04:43 PM
Heartburn about the police? Nope, not here. I sure as h*ll wouldn't want to live in any area that didn't have any. I do part ways with the thinking that the cops life is worth more. I certainly don't think it's worth less but more? Nope.

Rick

762 shooter
10-31-2014, 05:17 PM

The surfer white guy got 1.8 million and the two Latino ladies got 4.2 million.

JSnover
10-31-2014, 05:54 PM
On the other hand, plenty of people started pissing and moaning over the inconvenience of it all. Say what you want, a murdered police officer is more important than an unused deer tag or a bag of sugar.

destrux
10-31-2014, 06:02 PM
Plans out this elaborate murder with an escape plan (which he botched by driving into a pond in the fog, hence him being trapped in the area) to start a revolution or a war on LEO? I don't think so. Sounds more like he planned to shoot exactly who he shot and that was all he planned to shoot.

Like someone else said, he had plenty of chance to shoot other people but didn't. Then he surrenders with no fight like he was just playing hide and seek? (which, I might add I am glad for because the last thing we needed is some jackhole going down in a blaze of glory, especially after the media paints him as a hunter, gun enthusiast and outdoorsman).

Doesn't make sense... there's part of the story missing here.

375supermag
10-31-2014, 07:37 PM
Plans out this elaborate murder with an escape plan (which he botched by driving into a pond in the fog, hence him being trapped in the area) to start a revolution or a war on LEO? I don't think so. Sounds more like he planned to shoot exactly who he shot and that was all he planned to shoot.

Like someone else said, he had plenty of chance to shoot other people but didn't. Then he surrenders with no fight like he was just playing hide and seek? (which, I might add I am glad for because the last thing we needed is some jackhole going down in a blaze of glory, especially after the media paints him as a hunter, gun enthusiast and outdoorsman).

Doesn't make sense... there's part of the story missing here.

I agree...something doesn't add up.
Wouldn't be surprised if this guy turned up a "suicide" in jail.

There seems like there may be more about the who he shot than we know. Any motive that might come out in a trial that doesn't fit a certain narrative could make the Pa. State Police look bad. Particularly, if this guy and the shot police officers happened to have some kind of "personal history" of one sort or another.

I ain't sayin'...I'm just sayin'...

hicard
10-31-2014, 07:57 PM
First of all, he did not have a chance to get to his handgun and rifle as he was unaware of the police presence and was surprised by them. Frein did not just surrender freely. I think that the wounded officer should be allowed to use the dead officers handgun to execute Frein as a follow-up to the cuffs and patrol car.

starmac
10-31-2014, 08:08 PM
Hmmm How many sides of the story have we heard??

5 called flyers
10-31-2014, 08:50 PM
I was scouting for upcoming buck season today here in Elk County. Came into some familiar mountain laurel. Couldn't help but think about how those officers went about with their search. I could see why it took so long. I really believed more blood would be shed in the search and am glad it wasn't.

dragon813gt
10-31-2014, 08:54 PM
On the other hand, plenty of people started pissing and moaning over the inconvenience of it all. Say what you want, a murdered police officer is more important than an unused deer tag or a bag of sugar.

I will be paying for this manhunt for years to come. The whole thing is a joke and massive abuse of manpower. A cop's life is not worth more than an ordinary citizen's. Killing a cop does not make them more dangerous to an average citizen. It does make them more dangerous to law enforcement. Which because of their massive abuse of power they now have more citizens hating them. If you don't live here it's easy to say it was all worth it. If they wanted to catch him sooner the hunters would have pushed him out for them.

Plate plinker
10-31-2014, 09:13 PM
Wondering if this piece o trash will find himself a interesting cell mate.

dkf
10-31-2014, 09:17 PM

Apparently more important than the civil rights of people like James Tully also.

ole 5 hole group
10-31-2014, 09:33 PM
Maybe look at it with different colored glasses. This clown decided he would snipe at distance any LEO at the location of his choosing - then drive away and repeat at his convenience.

Well, he got excited and lost control of his vehicle and went into the forest in an attempt to escape. LE discovered his vehicle and knew where he headed off to. Due to the size of that forest area it took a lot of people to search that area with proficiency, which they did and did a damn good job at it. Ever lost anything in your favorite hunting area and tried to find it??? Well, they found his hidey holes, one rifle, ammo, pipe bombs, ledger etc - pretty impressive to my way of thinking. Dogs probably lead them to it but still, damn good work overall. Do you think they should have just said - let's just go home as he'll probably get picked up someday for shoplifting? I'm pretty sure since they knew he went in that area on foot - they would have put in the same effort for any other person killed at this clown's hand, as they knew where he was and they would find him sooner or later depending on how much effort this killer put into the "chase".

Now, as to why he didn't make a stand? Well, when he didn't make a stand sometime within the first week you probably could draw the conclusion that he was a wantabe and once his "plan" changed due to his vehicle accident he then probably realized he was now playing for "keeps" and all his efforts turned to surviving for just one more day. Media made him out to be some Rambo type but that was never the case.

Knowing that he was going to spend the remainder of his life behind bars with much tougher men than he ever could be - I thought for sure he would eat his gun when cornered - I guessed wrong, as he just accepted his fate. No conspiracy here that I can see. Hunter's flushing him out - I don't think so - but one hunter shooting at another?? doubtful but a slim possible so they closed down the area to hunters. No difference than closing an interstate highway in a winter storm. 40 years ago people just accepted responsibility and drove with a shovel in their trunk along with some cold weather gear, no big deal. Today they call 911 and want someone to come out with hot coffee and get them safely home - just different times. I think 40 years ago LE would have been glad to have hunter assistance in the woods - not today.

starmac
10-31-2014, 09:41 PM
I don't really know of any manhunt that went to this extreme, But I will give Pa. credit. They didn't pee their pants and open fire on anything that moved.

Looks like Tully will be getting a car out of his publicity.

dragon813gt
10-31-2014, 09:47 PM
Proficiency? Did a good job? Furthest thing from it. I'm sad that some of you think that loss of rights is okay. I'm sad that some of you think that spending millions of tax payers money is worth it to find one lone nutcase. And hunters shooting other hunters? Ever had the interstate shut down for weeks at a time? Ever been told you couldn't access your home and there were no emergency shelters set up. Here is the bigger issue. There is no way to fight this abuse of power. Some see it as a moment to celebrate because one less nutcase is out there. I see as weeks of mourning the loss of our rights and the ever increasing police state.

dilly
10-31-2014, 10:09 PM
they would have put in the same effort for any other person killed at this clown's hand, as they knew where he was and they would find him sooner or later depending on how much effort this killer put into the "chase".

Not to be rude, but I just don't think that statement is true at all. I won't even bother to look up examples, but you know people commit murder regularly in every state including PA. You never hear about the scale and magnitude of the measures taken this time because they were such remarkable (which implies unusual) measures. They might get this worked up for terrorists, possibly child murderers, serial killers, but never for a person who murders a single person. Unless that person is a cop.

dkf
10-31-2014, 10:35 PM
I don't really know of any manhunt that went to this extreme, But I will give Pa. credit. They didn't pee their pants and open fire on anything that moved.

Looks like Tully will be getting a car out of his publicity.

I was glad to see that an account was set up for him for donations so he can get a car. I am sure he will probably get some money when the litigation is settled also. I am just glad he did not end up dead.

I did get a chuckle out of them bringing in a weather balloon "drone" from Ohio to try and find Frein. Who would have thunk it that trees have leaves and often grow very close together. AKA the balloon drone was worthless.(just one example of a ***)

MaryB
10-31-2014, 10:51 PM
Go around a barricade on a closed road in Minnesota and you get fined plus pay the cost to recover your sorry rear. All fuel, wear and tear on snowplows or the tracked rescue vehicle they got in 97 to get people who are idiots and can't stay home in a massive snowstorm.

Maybe look at it with different colored glasses. This clown decided he would snipe at distance any LEO at the location of his choosing - then drive away and repeat at his convenience.

Well, he got excited and lost control of his vehicle and went into the forest in an attempt to escape. LE discovered his vehicle and knew where he headed off to. Due to the size of that forest area it took a lot of people to search that area with proficiency, which they did and did a damn good job at it. Ever lost anything in your favorite hunting area and tried to find it??? Well, they found his hidey holes, one rifle, ammo, pipe bombs, ledger etc - pretty impressive to my way of thinking. Dogs probably lead them to it but still, damn good work overall. Do you think they should have just said - let's just go home as he'll probably get picked up someday for shoplifting? I'm pretty sure since they knew he went in that area on foot - they would have put in the same effort for any other person killed at this clown's hand, as they knew where he was and they would find him sooner or later depending on how much effort this killer put into the "chase".

Now, as to why he didn't make a stand? Well, when he didn't make a stand sometime within the first week you probably could draw the conclusion that he was a wantabe and once his "plan" changed due to his vehicle accident he then probably realized he was now playing for "keeps" and all his efforts turned to surviving for just one more day. Media made him out to be some Rambo type but that was never the case.

Knowing that he was going to spend the remainder of his life behind bars with much tougher men than he ever could be - I thought for sure he would eat his gun when cornered - I guessed wrong, as he just accepted his fate. No conspiracy here that I can see. Hunter's flushing him out - I don't think so - but one hunter shooting at another?? doubtful but a slim possible so they closed down the area to hunters. No difference than closing an interstate highway in a winter storm. 40 years ago people just accepted responsibility and drove with a shovel in their trunk along with some cold weather gear, no big deal. Today they call 911 and want someone to come out with hot coffee and get them safely home - just different times. I think 40 years ago LE would have been glad to have hunter assistance in the woods - not today.

ole 5 hole group
11-01-2014, 07:18 AM
No need for me to comment any more than I did, as very few minds ever get changed on any one event - but I'll conclude with just a couple.

dragon813gt - I completely disagree with your opening remarks, as they conducted the search very efficiently, which resulted in an arrest of a killer. Now as far as the lost of rights - I agree with you in principle on the loss of our rights and feel that no one should be denied access to their home etc, as long as they take full responsibility for their actions. I think we are losing some of our rights because of our current education system and a sue happy (litigate anything & everything) society, which seems to think one is entitled to certain rights/privileges without accepting any sort of responsibility for their actions in obtaining those rights/privileges. I'm not at all happy about the way I think our society is headed and I'm vocal about it but like you inferred, doesn't seem to matter much to most folks nowadays.

dilly - I don't know of any case where someone was murdered and LE knew where that person was that they didn't go in and attempt to apprehend the killer. Now, when they don't have a clue as to where that killer went to - I'll agree that they probably will put the case on the back burner quicker than if the victim was a Brother in Blue. I don't have a problem with that, just like I don't have a problem with a victim's family using every available means to get LE/citizens interested in solving the crime involving their loved one. I would say the media picks and chooses which cases to give massive coverage to - just like the current Marine just released from a Mexican prison - there are probably a couple more "average" US Citizens down there unjustly imprisoned in the minds of many back here in the USA - but they don't get the media coverage - not much to say on that except that's just the way the media operates and some like it, some don't.

dfk - a lot of effort went into this search to bring it to a close as soon as possible and the weather balloon was just one, which was limited in its ability but still served a purpose of possibly eliminating Frein's movements in open terrain. I thought thermal would have brought him to ground quickly, but again, that probably worked somewhat but didn't prove decisive. It just took a lot of man hours performing a difficult task - just glad no one was hurt in that operation.

Mary B - I was one of those "idiots" back in the 60's who travelled in "massive" snow storms and I got stuck every now and again (high centered usually) and shoveled my way to china and back without ever thinking it was somebody else's responsibility to get me out of trouble. Some people thought I was crazy and some did just like I did - some died (froze to death or had a heart attack) but the vast majority didn't. It really PO's me that they shut down interstate highways when the wind blows a little and if one disobeys the signs they get slapped with one huge fine - but since I'm not wealthy, I don't go around any barricades.:cry:

JSnover
11-01-2014, 07:38 AM
I will be paying for this manhunt for years to come. The whole thing is a joke and massive abuse of manpower. A cop's life is not worth more than an ordinary citizen's. Killing a cop does not make them more dangerous to an average citizen. It does make them more dangerous to law enforcement. Which because of their massive abuse of power they now have more citizens hating them. If you don't live here it's easy to say it was all worth it. If they wanted to catch him sooner the hunters would have pushed him out for them.
I'll be paying for it too, just like I paid for Clintons b---jobs, the Grenada invasion, a couple of aircraft carriers, etc. Welcome aboard.
Should they have manhunts for all or for none?

JSnover
11-01-2014, 07:41 AM
Apparently more important than the civil rights of people like James Tully also.
Tully was never arrested. And he gets a new car. I should take a walk in his shoes...

cbrick
11-01-2014, 07:53 AM
Should they have manhunts for all or for none?

Does the scale of that manhunt based on who was killed have anything to do with it?

Rick

JSnover
11-01-2014, 08:03 AM
Does the scale of that manhunt based on who was killed have anything to do with it?

Rick
It sure does. Right or wrong, life is filled with double standards. when a homeless person is found dead, the report probably reads like a memo regarding use the departments dumpsters. When an elected official is killed, the suspect may as well be Satans right hand. That's the world we live in.

dragon813gt
11-01-2014, 09:41 AM
It sure does. Right or wrong, life is filled with double standards. when a homeless person is found dead, the report probably reads like a memo regarding use the departments dumpsters. When an elected official is killed, the suspect may as well be Satans right hand. That's the world we live in.

This is what needs to be fixed. And I don't know how or if it's even possible. They need to be consistent at a minimum. A life is a life regardless of who was killed. If this was a domestic issue where the husband killed the wife there would be no massive manhunt. There is more to this particular story and hopefully the facts come out. Not a skewed version to support the massive use of resources.

Freightman
11-01-2014, 10:20 AM
They put him in the handcuffs that belonged to the officer he murdered and drove him off in the officers squad car. They're seeking the death sentence. He'll never get executed. Well, maybe.
Send him to Texas we do that well!

jaystuw
11-01-2014, 10:53 AM
My heart goes out to the families of the slain and injured officers. This is a terrible crime that cannot go unpunished.

It would seem the suspect had a grudge against law enforcement, not uncommon now in days. With that in mine, this ultra high profile capture and aftermath should of been choreographed to be picture perfect. We are told the suspect surrendered without a fight, and yet he looks like he got the **** beat out of him. What's the deal with that?

Then the police do the bizarre and handcuff the guy with the slain officers cuffs and drive him to jail in the dead mans car. What's that all about?

I fully realize police have a tough job, but we do have rule of law. A suspect is innocent until proven guilty. The "extra" pretrial treatment is said to be why people do not like police. Maybe a more professional approach would reassure the community and perhaps be a step in the direction of preventing such tragedies in the future. Jay

Love Life
11-01-2014, 10:59 AM

I remember all the photos of people wearing shirts with "Not Chris Dorner" printed on them.

Let this be a lesson of how a guerrilla can tie up resources...

TXGunNut
11-01-2014, 11:03 AM
Send him to Texas we do that well!

Yes, generally takes 10 years and millions in related costs but it seems we have the procedure down.
As a former LEO I'd like to weigh in on the "double standard" issue. Generally when a peace officer is killed it's because he was simply doing his job. That's a crime that deserves the attention of as many brother (and sister) officers as it takes, IMHO. In my experience many other murders are what I call "mutual cobatant" killings where the victims are generally not much better citizens than their killers, just don't expect to hear that from the press anytime soon. A truly innocent victim generally gets as much LE attention and press coverage as a cop killing because they are equally disturbing.

Garyshome
11-01-2014, 11:22 AM
He only shot 1 leo, no doubt the opportunity was there for many more to be shot!

TXGunNut
11-01-2014, 11:30 AM
He only shot 1 leo, no doubt the opportunity was there for many more to be shot!

Actually he shot two, the second officer is recovering. Shooting one person is bad enough, IMHO. I think shooting another officer during the manhunt would have been easy enough but likely would have resulted in an earlier capture.

DoubleAdobe
11-01-2014, 01:32 PM
These threads do bring out the bitterness, and the second-guessers and the folks who would argue that a gangbanger murdered should bring about the same response from the LE community that a murder of one of their own does. All consuming hatred is really not that hard to figure.

jmort
11-01-2014, 01:43 PM
No bitterness, just objective fact. The point was made related to average citizens. Serial killers, a real threat to many more humans, get a tiny fraction of the attention. If you witnessed the Dorner man-hunt, you would agree or at least agree to disagree.

cbrick
11-01-2014, 01:44 PM
All consuming hatred is really not that hard to figure.

Hatred? A very typical liberal response. In reality what could hatred much less all consuming possibly have to do with this thread? Other of course than making you feel both superior and warm & fuzzy? And what do gang bangers have to do with anything in this thread?

Solid liberal speak is whenever anyone disagrees with you just belittle them by calling them hateful people. Problem with that is that it's so over used anyone capable of a thought of their own see's right through it.

Rick

dragon813gt
11-01-2014, 01:47 PM
These threads do bring out the bitterness, and the second-guessers and the folks who would argue that a gangbanger murdered should bring about the same response from the LE community that a murder of one of their own does. All consuming hatred is really not that hard to figure.

Hatred, you mean like the PM that you sent me where you called me a moron, an *******, talked about my father and alluded that I'd been in jail? Fools assume so you should know the reasons people have the opinions they do before you send a hate filled PM.

dkf
11-01-2014, 02:39 PM
Tully was never arrested. And he gets a new car. I should take a walk in his shoes...

He was stopped and harassed at gun point over 20 times and ended up sustaining injury from being tackled to the ground. All this for just doing the right thing and going to work. But I guess you are one of those guys that thinks if it doesn't happen to you it is ok then.

JSnover
11-01-2014, 02:39 PM
This is what needs to be fixed. And I don't know how or if it's even possible. They need to be consistent at a minimum. A life is a life regardless of who was killed. If this was a domestic issue where the husband killed the wife there would be no massive manhunt. There is more to this particular story and hopefully the facts come out. Not a skewed version to support the massive use of resources.
It is what it is. Human nature got us into this predicament, I don't see that changing anytime soon. If you could replace every public official with good, clean, patriotic Americans I would certainly help you do that. But in less than a decade we would be right back where we are now.
Frein needs to die but I am glad he was taken alive so we can hear his version of the story... And then we can execute him. For what it's worth, I'd give everyone who feels their rights were violated or their livelihood was impacted first crack at him.

dkf
11-01-2014, 02:40 PM
Hatred, you mean like the PM that you sent me where you called me a moron, an *******, talked about my father and alluded that I'd been in jail? Fools assume so you should know the reasons people have the opinions they do before you send a hate filled PM.

Send that PM to mods and have him thrown out of here. What a loser.

JSnover
11-01-2014, 02:45 PM
He was stopped and harassed at gun point over 20 times and ended up sustaining injury from being tackled to the ground. All this for just doing the right thing and going to work. But I guess you are one of those guys that thinks if it doesn't happen to you it is ok then.
harassed (http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrBT9RoKFVUvywAyTNXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEzbWRhMDE xBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMQRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkA1NNRTc1M18x/RV=2/RE=1414895848/RO=10/RU=http%3a%2f%2fwww.thefreedictionary.com%2fharass ed/RK=0/RS=yaNAYypWD38DPYQ135.EDGwzNq0-)

It has happened to me. My injuries were minor, my lifestyle and earning potential were not affected, no charges were filed. I moved on. Tully does not sound bitter about his experience, from what I've read. And he was not ​harassed and tackled for 'doing the right thing and going to work,' only an idiot would believe that.

Love Life
11-01-2014, 02:47 PM
Ell oh ell.

Love Life
11-01-2014, 02:58 PM
The man was a threat to Law Enforcement. He is accused of laying an ambush and killing one and critically injuring another law enforcement officer.

According to the story tellers he then dipped out into parts unknown.

He was threat that needed to be tracked down and captured or killed.

That is what took place.

Kudos to the 5-0 for getting it done.

I'm sure more will come out as time goes on, or maybe he'll commit suicide in prison by stabbing himself in the back 40 times.

It's perfectly ok to be critical of law enforcement officers and how they do things, just as it is perfectly acceptable to be critical of anything you please. Why, just today I was bemoaning how my hostess cupcakes got squished.

Ya'll can make this an issue of the police being more important than the average citizen, but I will say this to the police. GOOD JOB!!!!!!

They caught the man without hurting innocents and burning down the towns/woods. What more can you ask?

dkf
11-01-2014, 03:08 PM
It has happened to me. My injuries were minor, my lifestyle and earning potential were not affected, no charges were filed. I moved on. Tully does not sound bitter about his experience, from what I've read. And he was not ​harassed and tackled for 'doing the right thing and going to work,' only an idiot would believe that.

LOL, yeah ok. So what did Tully do wrong then?

JSnover
11-01-2014, 03:14 PM
Nothing. That's why they let him go.

dkf
11-01-2014, 03:17 PM
Nothing. That's why they let him go.

Enjoy your grass.

JSnover
11-01-2014, 03:23 PM
Enlighten us, if you will, dkf. Why was Tully detained, if it had nothing to do with the fact that he looked like the suspect and was in the general area?
Is it because he was white? Is it because he had a job? Maybe it happened because he voted for Romney...

FLHTC
11-01-2014, 06:22 PM
Enlighten us, if you will, dkf. Why was Tully detained, if it had nothing to do with the fact that he looked like the suspect and was in the general area?
Is it because he was white? Is it because he had a job? Maybe it happened because he voted for Romney...

Tully wasn't detained because the LEOs were suspicious of him but because of all the reports they got from residents. If it weren't for the residents of Pocono Summit, Eric would still be at large. The LEOs were almost 10 miles away from Eric when they got a tip from a resident walking her dog. If it weren't for that tip, they would still be on that mountain chasing their tail. So in reality, they weren't any closer to catching him the day they received the tip, then the night the shooting took place. That tip could have came weeks sooner, if the LEO's wouldn't have acted like the Gestapo and shout the mountain down. That $10,000,000 could have been reduced to $1,000,000 but it wasn't their money so why should they care?
There was a driver shot to death on Interstate 81 in what seemed to be a road rage incident. He was found slumped in his vehicle, after he was on his phone with the 911 operator, reporting that he was just forced off the road. It's still unsolved to this day. I never saw billboards describing the vehicle or the crime scene like the ones with Eric Frein's picture on it. The shooters vehicle was even described over the phone to the operator. Nothing was heard about it again.

FLHTC
11-01-2014, 06:39 PM
The man was a threat to Law Enforcement. He is accused of laying an ambush and killing one and critically injuring another law enforcement officer.

According to the story tellers he then dipped out into parts unknown.

He was threat that needed to be tracked down and captured or killed.

That is what took place.

Kudos to the 5-0 for getting it done.

I'm sure more will come out as time goes on, or maybe he'll commit suicide in prison by stabbing himself in the back 40 times.

It's perfectly ok to be critical of law enforcement officers and how they do things, just as it is perfectly acceptable to be critical of anything you please. Why, just today I was bemoaning how my hostess cupcakes got squished.

Ya'll can make this an issue of the police being more important than the average citizen, but I will say this to the police. GOOD JOB!!!!!!

They caught the man without hurting innocents and burning down the towns/woods. What more can you ask?

They didn't catch anybody. They followed up on leads from the residents, which brought them over 8 miles to the area that he was in. They were pretty far away from him and getting farther all the time. He left stuff all over that mountain to keep the LEOs on a wild goose chase and they took the bait, hook, line and sinker. He moved towards his high school because he knew of all the food that gets thrown away at schools but hey, lets get a weather balloon and piss more money away.
My issue with all this is if LEOs need the help of residents to do their job, how can they possibly protect everyone unless they have our help? Are we compensated for that? Hell no, we're taxed at a higher rate to give them better salaries and told we don't need guns.

Love Life
11-01-2014, 06:42 PM
They didn't catch anybody? Did Frein beat himself up and then detain himself and then transport himself?

Police have been relying on the eyes and ears of the citizenry to solve crimes long before I ever walked this earth.

I mean, the citizenry could dissolve the occupation of peace officer and then they can be policed by the Armed Forces.

JSnover
11-02-2014, 07:35 AM
Tully wasn't detained because the LEOs were suspicious of him but because of all the reports they got from residents.
So? He was questioned and released, no harm, no foul. He certainly wasn't hauled in for the crime of walking to work.