PDA

View Full Version : 2014 American Community Survey - Male specific examination!

ohland
10-30-2014, 05:51 PM
Lookit 2012 - http://www.census.gov/acs/www/Downloads/questionnaires/2012/Quest12.pdf

For all of us, the questions are VERY intrusive. Ask yourself - why give another federal bureaucracy more copies of the data other federal bureaucracies have? Anyone want to bet that everything you enter in this form stays 100% protected, and would never be exposed or provided to... DHS.... or "progressive" groups? Remember, your tax info is protected... but someone got access to varied tax returns / information and provided it to progressive causes....

smokeywolf
10-30-2014, 06:04 PM
I'm getting very forgetful in my elder years. That form needs to have "I don't recall" as one of the multiple choice answers. If that answer is good enough for every politician who's ever gotten into trouble, it's good enough for me.

smokeywolf

MaryB
10-30-2014, 10:38 PM
They sent the survey three times, I shredded it three times. They called, I ignored them by hanging up. Someone came to the door and then turned around and left after seeing the sign warning survey takers that I was well armed. The decade survey is fine and all the information they need. It is also the only one I am required to answer, the American Community Survey is not authorized by the constitution and I refuse to fill it out. I only give the basics for the decennial survey, name, address confirmation, number of people in the house. Rest is not needed nor authorized.

Pinsnscrews
10-31-2014, 02:39 AM
Sorry, maybe I was looking at a different survey, but I followed that link and saw nothing in it that was Male Specific. I married into my home. My wife would be able to answer all of those questions with no problem. None of those questions pertain to information A government organization does not already have access to. The Purpose is to provide it all in a single place for statistical twisting. Since it is not required, she refuses ro fill it out, and I agree with her.

Wise Owl
10-31-2014, 09:38 AM
Name--rank & serial number

ohland
10-31-2014, 05:55 PM
Sorry, maybe I was looking at a different survey, but I followed that link and saw nothing in it that was Male Specific.

Bit of dark humor equating the invasive nature of the inquiries to a medical procedure for males that involves a proctologist.

It is so odd, we have local, county, and state governments that know quite a bit about the folks residing in their boundaries. Car registration (drive with expired plates, lately?), school district identification on your state tax form (we do in Wisconsin), various local governments (ever see a traffic counter hose across the road?), school boards (how many crumb crunchers / school buildings)... Why does the Fed need to add on another layer of data mining?

ohland
10-31-2014, 06:01 PM
Name--rank & serial number

Why do I trust a government that has not held anyone accountable for anything to protect my PII? I'll be more than happy to fill in everything when people that breach data security are in the news being perp walked into a long term relation involving "Inmate Explorer"... IRS. DOJ. Congress. Administration...

Don't even give names. Male. No SSN. Heck no, I am not giving birth dates, and SSNs, and other tidbits.

MtGun44
11-02-2014, 06:13 PM
Not sure what the "male specific" comments are about - looked like it would
be the same for male or female.

I definitely would not answer that survey. WAY too much info that is none of their
business, especially delivered in a handy form all connected together.

I see nothing that would be good for me coming from that since I want nothing
from the government beyond my SS retirement checks. I sure wish that they
would leave my health care alone - the huge price increase from Obamacare
is absolutely unbelievable.

Bill

leadman
11-03-2014, 01:29 AM
MyGun44, I know first hand about the increase in healthcare costs. When it was announced they were working on a plan we had about a 30% increase in our costs. I finally had to give it up when it passed $2K a month. I now go to the VA and I bought a policy for my wife that is more then our house payment.

MtGun44
11-04-2014, 01:34 AM
Yeah - I had to avoid the ones that are Obamacare compliant, the decent ones
were about $1800 per month for the two of us. That is $20,000 per year and there
is a substantial deductible, $2500 to $5000 before they really pay for anything,
so you have to spend about $22,500 to $25,000 per year before they pay anything
much. Fortunately, I have a decent older policy that I can keep year to year, so I
am not YET forced into a Obamacare plan.
The saddest, it would seem, is for the folks that pay for "Obamacare insurance" but it has a
$5000 to $6000 deductible, and they absolutely cannot come up with this $5000 or 6000, so
guess what? Effectively, they actually don't have any insurance at all, since the company
will not pay until they have actually paid $5-6K, and they absolutely cannot do it, so nothing
much gets covered. So their "Obamacare insurance" is essentially worthless to them.

Bill

Lead Fred
11-04-2014, 03:52 AM
What happened to Caucasoid folk?
Now we are white, yet the spanish folk are not brown, and the asian are not yellow (which is silly because my wife is light golden brown,not yellow)

and the black folk are STILL stuck being n e g r o <------- that is a bad word here, black folk still being oppressed

Harter66
11-04-2014, 05:36 PM
Man what a way to wreck some numbers ! I live in a 4 room house, that is heated by other and for grins I'd miss a decimal on the power. Who runs a farm for profit on an acre? I guess I could run a pet rock farm ,I got plenty of rocks.....wait that would make it a mine...... never mind . Trucks ? Do I count the resto-rods ? Anybody got a 312 Merc' spread bore 4 bbl Off laying around? Maybe a pre 72 4 bbl intake for a 300 I 6....?

Those look like the kind of questions I'd ask if I wanted to gauge refugee flow. Or surplus cash for the above.

firefly1957
11-04-2014, 09:43 PM
I think there is more threads on this from other years seams it is voluntary and not part of the real census which will not be until 2020 if i remember correctly. I got one a couple years ago and tossed it never heard anything else.

MaryB
11-04-2014, 09:53 PM
Ohh they can threaten you with the law of they want to. Town Barney Fife showed up with the poll taker and I flat out told him come back with a warrant and get the h**l off my lawn. Never came back and my guess is the local judge laughed at him and told him to go away.

dakotashooter2
11-05-2014, 07:35 PM
Yeah - I had to avoid the ones that are Obamacare compliant, the decent ones
were about $1800 per month for the two of us. That is $20,000 per year and there
is a substantial deductible, $2500 to $5000 before they really pay for anything,
so you have to spend about $22,500 to $25,000 per year before they pay anything
much. Fortunately, I have a decent older policy that I can keep year to year, so I
am not YET forced into a Obamacare plan.
The saddest, it would seem, is for the folks that pay for "Obamacare insurance" but it has a
$5000 to $6000 deductible, and they absolutely cannot come up with this $5000 or 6000, so
guess what? Effectively, they actually don't have any insurance at all, since the company
will not pay until they have actually paid $5-6K, and they absolutely cannot do it, so nothing
much gets covered. So their "Obamacare insurance" is essentially worthless to them.

Bill

And they can't afford to pay for the basic care which often results in the need for advanced care which ends up costing the insurance program MORE which will drive the cost up. It's a whole house of cards waiting to fall.