PDA

View Full Version : Wideners

Brett Ross
10-30-2014, 10:00 AM
I have never ordered anything form these guys but they have 50-90 star-line brass for 1.00 each, Midway and Graf's is about 1.60 each. I need 50-90 for my brothers Werndl but a bit nervous about the price difference and the fact they have it in stock, when no one else does. You guys have any opinion's on Wideners

beex215
10-30-2014, 10:04 AM
wideners is a trusted place to buy stuff. bought powder and primers no problem

2wheelDuke
10-30-2014, 10:07 AM
Wideners has always been good to me.

ShooterAZ
10-30-2014, 10:15 AM
Buy with confidence, they are a good outfit. I have bought a lot of stuff from them over the years, always good.

Brett Ross
10-30-2014, 10:24 AM
Just ordered, Thanks for the fast response, Hate to miss out on better pricing and available.
Tony

historicfirearms
10-30-2014, 12:47 PM
As others have said, they are good to deal with. Sometimes shipping is a little slow when they are busy, but they've always come through for me. Often they will have things in stock that the others don't.

fastfire
10-30-2014, 12:55 PM
ALL of the above ^^

kungfustyle
10-30-2014, 01:15 PM
+1 for Wideners. Good company just a very simple web site.

MrWolf
10-30-2014, 03:21 PM
Aye never a problem with them.

Daniel964
10-30-2014, 03:54 PM
I've ordered a few things in the past and never had any problems

nagantguy
10-30-2014, 05:11 PM
8 lbs 4895 just got here from them, very fast delivery and a fair price. No worries on ordering from them.

starnbar
10-30-2014, 05:24 PM
Bought from them for years and they are fair on prices and shipping good people to deal with and if you do ever have to call them you will speak to a real person.

williamwaco
10-30-2014, 06:08 PM
They have excellent prices.
I like them.

BUT . . .
They will tell you on their web site that shipping is slow and it is.
Don't order from them if you are in a flaming hurry.

If you are ordering brass that you are going to use for years, a few days wait doesn't matter.

I like them.

1johnlb
10-30-2014, 06:33 PM
Keep and eye on your account, if you payed with a debit. Credit card and paypal you can get your money back but not with a debit once its gone thru.

I had a problem when I ordered online with them, once out of maybe 10 times. My bank notified me moments before wideners notified me my account was stopped. I had charges from a mens clothing store in the UK. The funny thing was that the charge for the mens clothing went thru moments before wideners was declined. My info had been sitting in their system from friday until monday with no problem, until then.

I am not the only one that has had this problem either. I plan on buying more from them but would only do it over the phone from now on.

dragon813gt
10-30-2014, 06:35 PM
Shipping costs from them tend to be more for me compared to other vendors. But if they have something I want it's worth the cost.

big bore 99
10-30-2014, 06:37 PM
Always treated me good too.

Ed Barrett
10-30-2014, 06:38 PM
Never had a problem with Windeners, bought from them many times, never had a problem.

abunaitoo
10-31-2014, 03:47 AM
Used to buy a bunch from them.
They had the best prices around.
Shipping was kind of slow sometimes, but they would let you know it would be.
Prices are almost the same as others these days, so I don't order much.

BrassMagnet
10-31-2014, 04:01 AM
I have bought from Widener's many times. Never an issue. Always quick to ship. Do buy it quick before they sell out!
My first choice for buying brass. They are much more reasonable than Midway on shipping and handling.

captaint
10-31-2014, 11:02 AM
Speaking of Wideners - you guys made me look. No pistol powders yet,however, primers are back in the reality neighborhood. Good to see that.

aspangler
10-31-2014, 12:40 PM
Keep and eye on your account, if you payed with a debit. Credit card and paypal you can get your money back but not with a debit once its gone thru.

I had a problem when I ordered online with them, once out of maybe 10 times. My bank notified me moments before wideners notified me my account was stopped. I had charges from a mens clothing store in the UK. The funny thing was that the charge for the mens clothing went thru moments before wideners was declined. My info had been sitting in their system from friday until monday with no problem, until then.

I am not the only one that has had this problem either. I plan on buying more from them but would only do it over the phone from now on.
This was a problem a few months back when they got hacked. Their system has been upgraded now to a different type of system. I don't live far from them so I just call and go pick it up and pay cash. I have done business with them for MANY years and never a problem. In fact, I was doing business with them when they had a retail store as well as the wholesale side of the business. Walk ins were welcome back then. BTW their sales people are very helpful and nice. Deal with confidence.

waynem34
10-31-2014, 01:27 PM
Star-line has them listed order now with no shipping date listed.I would love to shoot the 45-90 one day.

Garyshome
10-31-2014, 05:19 PM
I like wiedeners!

butch2570
10-31-2014, 09:42 PM
Bought lots from them , never a problem and I never had any slow shipping either , A+ from me.

Gator 45/70
11-01-2014, 05:01 PM
Been using them for about 3 years, I did have one problem with them this year
I had ordered and received a Mosin from them thru my FFL and about 2 weeks later I was notified they were sending the Mosin? So I called them up, The shipping dept. Was about to ship another one. So I informed them I had my order and looks like somebody had goofed up and was sending another. I canceled that one and they Thanked me for my honesty! I'd say there good to go!

alamogunr
11-01-2014, 05:13 PM
I've ordered several things from them in the past. Would be more except for the sales tax(9.75%). Same thing applies to MidSouth.

I got 300 pcs of .475 Linebaugh from them last week. Overall the price is very little more than from Starline when you consider shipping. I do have to pay sales tax since I'm in Tennessee but it is worth it not to have to wait until Starline runs it again.

Dale in Louisiana
11-01-2014, 05:56 PM
Absolutely HATE Wideners. they send out two or three emails a week, knowing how subject I am to temptation, so now I've got all these guns and ammo and powder and primers...

If only they'd stop...

dale in Louisiana

williamwaco
11-01-2014, 06:27 PM
Absolutely HATE Wideners. they send out two or three emails a week, knowing how subject I am to temptation, so now I've got all these guns and ammo and powder and primers...

If only they'd stop...

dale in Louisiana

did you try to unsubscribe ? ? ? Worked for me.

Bzcraig
11-01-2014, 08:09 PM

If only they'd stop...

dale in Louisiana

Baaaawaaahaaaa!

Bodydoc447
11-01-2014, 08:20 PM
Never had any problems with Wideners. Came up short on some brass once and they sent the replacements fast. Good company to do business with.

Doc

fastfire
11-02-2014, 12:47 AM

If only they'd stop...

dale in Louisiana

Where's the purple font?

Elkins45
11-02-2014, 01:26 AM
They occasionally have fantastic deals on once-fired 7.62 brass. They also recently had stripped AR uppers from Anderson for $41. I have bought a good bit of brass from them.

Dale in Louisiana
11-02-2014, 02:39 PM
Where's the purple font?

Look, most of us old geezers are doing good to see ANY letters on the screen, much less purple ones...

dale in Louisiana

yancey
11-02-2014, 06:21 PM
Wideners folks are great to deal with. All my orders have been shipped fast every time.